Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Three Plays...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos still woulda been terrible here and how has Laron proven anything? He was a great player who refused to get treated how we felt was best. They have no love for our organization and yet people hold onto them.

With that said, with our front 7 we should be a top 10 team. The issue has always been Has situational play calling and back-end game-planning. Normally he's good at adjusting, today he was not.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Carlos still woulda been terrible here and how has Laron proven anything? He was a great player who refused to get treated how we felt was best. They have no love for our organization and yet people hold onto them.

With that said, with our front 7 we should be a top 10 team. The issue has always been Has situational play calling and back-end game-planning. Normally he's good at adjusting, today he was not.
I miss Carlos, he was always a tough physical and good cover cb. He had poor hands but apparently that was a sight problem, he got that fixed and now he plays like a pro bowler. THe org alienated him, so that's why he turned on them.

With Landry I agree, he didn't want to do the things necessary to be a player who could make it through a season and he's still poor in coverage in Ny and misses a bunch of easy tackles.

As for the game planning, I honesty agree with someone else who said in the 5 ups and downs thread, we got out coached all the way around. Kyle abandoned the run when we had the lead and it attributed to our loss.

Situationally, Fisher did a better job than Mike from what I've read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Really hoping this is the last season with Danny Smith - I do not care what sort of reputation he has, a replacement is needed. I'm not too worried, Shanahan knows when a coach needs to be replaced...except Bob Slowik.
I don't know, I'd be shocked to see Shanahan make a major move in his coaching staff in mid season. I don't think he's ever done that in his 20 years of being a head coach.

I didn't say mid-season.

Lavar: Haslett might be replaced, but it will be all about who is available as a DC and it's tough to say whether Shanahan will give Raheem Morris a chance at the coordinator job next year or the year after, if at all. I agree that they should not have played zone in this one, and I worry that adjustments were not made for Amendola prior to the game.

There has to be someone better?
Name someone who's taken a D from 31st to 13th in one season who available?

He only had to take us from 31st to 13th because he dropped us from 8th to 31st in his first season.

Also, I can name at least one guy who took the Redskins from 31st to over 13th who isn't working right now, but we may not want to hire him....His name is Gregg Williams...

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

I miss Carlos, he was always a tough physical and good cover cb. He had poor hands but apparently that was a sight problem, he got that fixed and now he plays like a pro bowler. THe org alienated him, so that's why he turned on them.

With Landry I agree, he didn't want to do the things necessary to be a player who could make it through a season and he's still poor in coverage in Ny and misses a bunch of easy tackles.

As for the game planning, I honesty agree with someone else who said in the 5 ups and downs thread, we got out coached all the way around. Kyle abandoned the run when we had the lead and it attributed to our loss.

I loved Los too, but he alienated himself by asking for more money than anyone wanted to pay him. The Skins offered him a fair contract for a good cover CB who couldn't catch. He thought he deserved top CB money. The 9ers signed him to a smaller contract than we offered and it was only a one year deal. We offered him a multi year deal. Who alienated who?

Granted, he's now getting good money because he got contacts.

Speaking of this entire situation, WHO DOESN'T CHECK A TOP Cover CB's EYES AFTER 3 YEARS OF DROPS THAT WOULD WIN GAMES???

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Really hoping this is the last season with Danny Smith - I do not care what sort of reputation he has, a replacement is needed. I'm not too worried, Shanahan knows when a coach needs to be replaced...except Bob Slowik.
I don't know, I'd be shocked to see Shanahan make a major move in his coaching staff in mid season. I don't think he's ever done that in his 20 years of being a head coach.

I didn't say mid-season.

Lavar: Haslett might be replaced, but it will be all about who is available as a DC and it's tough to say whether Shanahan will give Raheem Morris a chance at the coordinator job next year or the year after, if at all. I agree that they should not have played zone in this one, and I worry that adjustments were not made for Amendola prior to the game.

There has to be someone better?
Name someone who's taken a D from 31st to 13th in one season who available?

He only had to take us from 31st to 13th because he dropped us from 8th to 31st in his first season.

Also, I can name at least one guy who took the Redskins from 31st to over 13th who isn't working right now, but we may not want to hire him....His name is Gregg Williams...
1. The defense in 2010 was a result of us being old, the uncapped year (which meant there were only a few worthy free agents) and the free agents who were available we chose not to sign like Antrel Rolle and Karlos Dansby

2. It was also Shanahan's choice to go 3-4 instead of sticking with the 4-3

As far as Greg Williams goes, I don't think he will ever coach in the NFL again and I would not want him coaching the washington redskins again because of what went on in New Orleans.

Also, Shanahan wouldn't even consider him because Greg has only coached a 4-3. I don't envision us switching back to the 4-3 after we just switched the 3-4 in 2010.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Speaking of this entire situation, WHO DOESN'T CHECK A TOP Cover CB's EYES AFTER 3 YEARS OF DROPS THAT WOULD WIN GAMES???

More appropriately, why doesn't the corner get his eyes checked? The cost of Lasic pales in comparison to what money could have been thrown his way had been a top free agent on the market instead of a reclamation project that worked out.
spoiler41

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on our punt team? Two weeks and 14 points later, just curious if we have worked on this problem.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spoiler41 wrote:
Any update on our punt team? Two weeks and 14 points later, just curious if we have worked on this problem.
Shanahan said they were going to put extra emphasis on making sure the rushers are blocked before they start to run down the field to cover the punt.
spoiler41

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
spoiler41 wrote:
Shanahan said they were going to put extra emphasis on making sure the rushers are blocked before they start to run down the field to cover the punt.

Thanks Turtle
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

I loved Los too, but he alienated himself by asking for more money than anyone wanted to pay him. The Skins offered him a fair contract for a good cover CB who couldn't catch. He thought he deserved top CB money. The 9ers signed him to a smaller contract than we offered and it was only a one year deal. We offered him a multi year deal. Who alienated who?

Good points, I didn't realize the 9ers paid him less than what we originally offered him. Hmmm if that's the case, then I retract my previous statment! Laughing

If we had Rogers, Hall and Wilson, our Cb situation would be looking really nice. Ah well. I'm sure we will sign some one in FA or draft someone early at CB.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:

Good points, I didn't realize the 9ers paid him less than what we originally offered him. Hmmm if that's the case, then I retract my previous statment! Laughing

If we had Rogers, Hall and Wilson, our Cb situation would be looking really nice. Ah well. I'm sure we will sign some one in FA or draft someone early at CB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/888506-carlos-rogers-the-49ers-best-offseason-transaction-of-2011

Rogers apparently signed a one year, $5M contract last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: