Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official thread of the Penn State University V.II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I really have to applaud some of you guys.

While I am still a fan, this entire ordeal has really hit me hard. Its almost like coming find out a best friend of 20+ years has a dark secret that completely changes everything about him.

I dont want to discuss the situation...just saying that for awhile, Ive been considering not even watching Penn State anymore, if only because it brings back to many memories. Feels like part of me was ripped away during this mess, and watching them will only bring back bad memories.

And Im sure someone will label some type of fairweather fan...but Ive been a Pittsburgh Pirates fan since I was a kid, so I doubt thats true.

This goes beyond sports.

But as I said, I am happy to see that there are some people who can still find it in them to support the team. I support the players and many people surroudning it, but the program itself....I think its gonna take me awhile to really recover from everything that happened.

And again, before anyone says anything, the victims of this play a big part in the way I feel, but I dont want to discuss that situation.

Im gonna try to watch the first game, but I really dont know how much Ill be able to watch.

Very delayed, but I feel it necessary to share my thoughts.

I completely and utterly understand why some may question their allegiance to the football program at this point. I myself have done the same throughout this whole process, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Keeping in mind Joe Paterno is literally the primary reason I became a Penn State fan -- essentially no different from a majority of other fans -- it's been difficult to see the NCAA, the nation's fans, and others try to eradicate his existence and accomplishments. It's when the school itself appears to be turning its back on the hand that fed for so many years, that's when I began feeling awkward about being a fan for the first time.

At this point in time, I'm at ease with the situation, as in my view I've come to the realization that nobody can destroy Joe Paterno.

The true reason why my allegiance is unchanged is because one day we'll rise again, and the light at the end of the tunnel is what drives my support. I don't know if it'll be 10 years, 20 years, 30 years, or more, but one day us sticking with Penn State will pay off when we can firmly say we're back. When WE can say it, not the nation or the media.

Apologies for the mellowdramatics, but even as fans, we've all been tested throughout the process and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel closer to most fellow Penn State fans.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now,

getting back to Week 1 and 2.

Against Ohio, we left too many points on the field. It was no secret why we lost the game. Ted Roof's third down defense, especially in the critical moments of the 4th quarter, was ugly. Ohio is by no means a bad team, but we're better. Unfortunately they executed and we didn't. The problem is we're not a better team than Ohio yet.

Regarding Virginia, I think we all know why we lost. Sam Ficken had a comically bad day and it got to a point where -- when he missed the 20 yard attempt -- I could do nothing but literally laugh out loud. There's nothing you can do but take away the fact that we played much better against better competition and should have won the ball game. Not much else to say.. DL played very good for the most part. Deion Barnes appears to be a player really taking the next step. He has really disruptive streaks.. great size too. Also, I like what DaQuan Jones has done thus far.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fair to say that Allen Robinson even as a Sophomore is our best player on offense.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
I think it's fair to say that Allen Robinson even as a Sophomore is our best player on offense.

Certainly the best receiver at least.

He's strung a few quality performances together despite a less than stellar QB situation and supporting cast. I think we definitely can say he deserves some props for his early season efforts, but I also don't know that we can definitively say one player has stepped up yet.

--Joe Paterno.
subherbanite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on the win. I didn't get to watch the game but it seemed liked you guys put in some work. Good luck going forward.
BigD88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subherbanite wrote:
Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on the win. I didn't get to watch the game but it seemed liked you guys put in some work. Good luck going forward.

Thanks. I hope you guys run he table again this year. Bama fans are fantastic.
Roll Tide!

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:

So much win in this picture.
I find that guy incredibly annoying.

KingofSTATS wrote:

Witten is just too slow and nonathletic to be a dominant force in the receiving game.
subherbanite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
subherbanite wrote:

Thanks. I hope you guys run he table again this year. Bama fans are fantastic.
Roll Tide!

I'm also a Patriots fan so I thought O'Brien would be a nice addition for the offense. I was pulling for you guys big time that first week, I was almost as upset as the rest of you.
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD88 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:

So much win in this picture.
I find that guy incredibly annoying.

He drives like he's trying to drag race or something. Karma would have him wreck that thing. Laughing
eagles26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone going to the game tomorrow: please just wear blue.

I recently discovered that there are a bunch of people that are wearing white/not blue just to spite... I don't really know who, but I find it ridiculous. If anything, we should all wear blue because the players want us to. If they wanted us to wear purple, I'd go buy a purple shirt.

My fear is that we'll have this nationally-televised game (that obviously normally probably wouldn't be), a perfect opportunity to support a good cause, and a bunch of angry people will be speckled throughout the stadium wearing something else.

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
eagles26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles26 wrote:
...a bunch of angry people will be speckled throughout the stadium wearing something else.

Which is what happened, jeez louise was that crappy. Hopefully the White Out is better.

At least the students did their part.

^^kudos to Kempes, E808 on the Avy
BigD88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles26 wrote:
eagles26 wrote:
...a bunch of angry people will be speckled throughout the stadium wearing something else.

Which is what happened, jeez louise was that crappy. Hopefully the White Out is better.

At least the students did their part.

Yeah.
The alumni were AWFUL! They were literally dead silent the entire game.
I can't tell who was worse, the alumni or the refs.

KingofSTATS wrote:

McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Pride,

You should have a new thread ready soon.
ICE13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attendance yesterday was disgustingly bad. Then again, it is Temple.

On a brighter note, if Matt can do this well in BOB's offense under Charlie's coaching, imagine what Bench/Hack/Jones can do.

"As always, criminal justice proceedings, if any, take precedence over any NCAA actions" - Mark Emmert, 1982

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: