Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Luke Kuechly....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This irrelevant foolishness should have never occurred in the first place.

Semantical discussions, idiomatic judgements, and offended dignity add nothing to this forum. What's important here is football.

I suggest that this matter be closed, and the topic resumed. I'll help you with this. It has been brought up that Thomas Davis has been playing well, which is a welcome sign. Thomas Davis, a former high draft pick is in his eighth year, I believe? And still developing at that point. Regardless of an athlete's physical talents, there is of course in the vast complexity of NFL football a necessary period of growth, and improvement- a "learning curve", as they say- in which a player grows accustomed to processing the dozens of reads and keys flying around him on any given play. Thus, it is fair to grant any young player a grace period of a few years before he reaches his full abilities. I wonder if this is even more true for so cerebral and engaged a linebacker as Luke Kuechly. It might be argued that he is capable of seeing more than the ordinary rookie linebacker, and comprehending all the different ramifications- the many different ways in which a play might develop. It might be that, for his first year or two, Kuechly will be understandably burdened with the great body of knowledge thrown at him- perhaps more so than a less-analytical player might be. But eventually it will all come together for him, one year. And he may end up in a much better place than the run-of-the-mill linebacker lacking Kuechly's vision and understanding. Like, the Pro Bowl?

We'll see.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:

Semantical discussions, idiomatic judgements, and offended dignity add nothing to this forum. What's important here is football.

I suggest that this matter be closed, and the topic resumed. I'll help you with this. It has been brought up that Thomas Davis has been playing well, which is a welcome sign. Thomas Davis, a former high draft pick is in his eighth year, I believe? And still developing at that point. Regardless of an athlete's physical talents, there is of course in the vast complexity of NFL football a necessary period of growth, and improvement- a "learning curve", as they say- in which a player grows accustomed to processing the dozens of reads and keys flying around him on any given play. Thus, it is fair to grant any young player a grace period of a few years before he reaches his full abilities. I wonder if this is even more true for so cerebral and engaged a linebacker as Luke Kuechly. It might be argued that he is capable of seeing more than the ordinary rookie linebacker, and comprehending all the different ramifications- the many different ways in which a play might develop. It might be that, for his first year or two, Kuechly will be understandably burdened with the great body of knowledge thrown at him- perhaps more so than a less-analytical player might be. But eventually it will all come together for him, one year. And he may end up in a much better place than the run-of-the-mill linebacker lacking Kuechly's vision and understanding. Like, the Hall of Fame?

We'll see.

FTFY

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:

I suggest that this matter be closed, and the topic resumed. I'll help you with this. It has been brought up that Thomas Davis has been playing well, which is a welcome sign. Thomas Davis, a former high draft pick is in his eighth year, I believe? And still developing at that point. Regardless of an athlete's physical talents, there is of course in the vast complexity of NFL football a necessary period of growth, and improvement- a "learning curve", as they say- in which a player grows accustomed to processing the dozens of reads and keys flying around him on any given play. Thus, it is fair to grant any young player a grace period of a few years before he reaches his full abilities. I wonder if this is even more true for so cerebral and engaged a linebacker as Luke Kuechly. It might be argued that he is capable of seeing more than the ordinary rookie linebacker, and comprehending all the different ramifications- the many different ways in which a play might develop. It might be that, for his first year or two, Kuechly will be understandably burdened with the great body of knowledge thrown at him- perhaps more so than a less-analytical player might be. But eventually it will all come together for him, one year. And he may end up in a much better place than the run-of-the-mill linebacker lacking Kuechly's vision and understanding. Like, the Pro Bowl?

We'll see.

It's possible. Luke really should've gotten a sack in game one but he was held and it was called.

It's hard to tell how he's being used without reviewing the game tapes. He doesn't have a ton of tackles so he might be trying to blow up blockers and let the other 'backers swarm.

The team needs to tackle better as a whole and I think that's one of Luke's specialties so he could make a big impact through a simple thing like better tackling.
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
bzane wrote:

I suggest that this matter be closed, and the topic resumed. I'll help you with this. It has been brought up that Thomas Davis has been playing well, which is a welcome sign. Thomas Davis, a former high draft pick is in his eighth year, I believe? And still developing at that point. Regardless of an athlete's physical talents, there is of course in the vast complexity of NFL football a necessary period of growth, and improvement- a "learning curve", as they say- in which a player grows accustomed to processing the dozens of reads and keys flying around him on any given play. Thus, it is fair to grant any young player a grace period of a few years before he reaches his full abilities. I wonder if this is even more true for so cerebral and engaged a linebacker as Luke Kuechly. It might be argued that he is capable of seeing more than the ordinary rookie linebacker, and comprehending all the different ramifications- the many different ways in which a play might develop. It might be that, for his first year or two, Kuechly will be understandably burdened with the great body of knowledge thrown at him- perhaps more so than a less-analytical player might be. But eventually it will all come together for him, one year. And he may end up in a much better place than the run-of-the-mill linebacker lacking Kuechly's vision and understanding. Like, the Hall of Fame?

We'll see.

FTFY

Nice edit! And I just might agree with you on that.

Here's hoping.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: