Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The International Football Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Scotland, I really like the Blue with Red socks. Think Portsmouth had that too once. Think that just looks really classy and elegant on the pitch.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like it as well. Adidas are definitely a step up from the Diadora and Umbro kits of before.

I just realised I should have posted that last message in the World Cup qualifying thread. Oh well.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raheem Sterling(!), Adam Lallana and Jake Livermore called up for England as Walcott withdraws due to illness.

"Who is Livermore" is trending in Ukraine.

Also, Stuart Pierce is trying to get Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back to the U21's for the European Championship next summer.. I can see why, but as a club fan I don't want him playing more than he has to. Isn't it kind of an odd occurrence for a player to go back down to the non-senior team after becoming a full international?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Raheem Sterling(!), Adam Lallana and Jake Livermore called up for England as Walcott withdraws due to illness.

Also, Stuart Pierce is trying to get Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back to the U21's for the European Championship next summer.. I can see why, but as a club fan I don't want him playing more than he has to. Isn't it kind of an odd occurrence for a player to go back down to the non-senior team after becoming a full international?

It happens all the time - Rodwell and someone else I can't remember moved from the England senior squad vs. Italy to the under 21s.

Surprised to see Sterling get a call up - particularly after Rodgers was complaining about him being picked for the U21s

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brazil/Argentina playing with only league players.. nice looking Brazil line-up with Neymar, Lucas Moura, Jadsen, Luis Fabiano and others..

Ray Hudson commentating.. sounds good to me.

Wonder how Denilson didn't get a call-up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game Messi played yesterday was just outstanding, there was nothing that could stop him. Argentina is starting to play like a team and smashed Uruguay in every sense of the game, if everything goes well 2014 could be our year. I don't like to get ahead of myself, so I'll just enjoy the show Argentina is putting nowadays.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is wrong with Paraguay? Haven't they made every WC since '98?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
What the hell is wrong with Paraguay? Haven't they made every WC since '98?

They were against Falcao......

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
Nightmare

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always followed Paraguay, sort of as a second nation, because I loved their team with Chilavert, Arce, Acuna, Cardozo, etc, but the team is a mess right now. Basically Paraguay's talent dried up and their best coach in years, Gerardo Martino, decided to leave. He knew there wasn't much he could do with the current generation, so he took a better option in Argentina and left. They'll now have to rebuild and hope some talent comes through soon, otherwise they're going to be a long way behind Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia and even Chile and Ecuador.

There are some decent young players in the team, but the generation that saw them reach 4 WCs in a row are now all completely gone, with the exception of Santa Cruz, who is basically useless anyway. Old, slow and always injured.

They won't be at WC14, and unless some quality youngsters appear out of nowhere, they won't be at WC18 either. Big transitional time ahead.
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/10/15/3505476/eden-hazard-criticism-belgium

Nice little read here. It's absolutely ridiculous how inept Belgium is at implementing their best player into their lineup.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to feel bad for the lad. WOW!

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/tottenhams-danny-rose-signs-that-he-was-subjected-to-monkey-chants-in-a-disgraceful-finish-to-england-u21s-win-in-serbia/

Scumbag Serbian fans racially abuse and pelt Danny Rose with missiles. Ban them from football for 12 months. They have had more than enough chances and this has got to end.

The Serbian players and coaches also clearly attacking and kicking England players and coaches. 12 months is to short. Ban them from next World Cup and Euro's. Disgrace.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like England/Poland delayed due to heavy rain & soaked pitch.

Polish media officer says match could go-ahead in an hour or so depending on if the rain slows.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:

Polish media officer says match could go-ahead in an hour or so depending on if the rain slows.

There is absolutely no chance the game goes ahead, FIFA and the Polish FA have made an absolute royal balls up. England should be given 3-0 win. Rain is forecast so you don't shut your retractable roof. Idiocy.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
mountainpd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

There is absolutely no chance the game goes ahead, FIFA and the Polish FA have made an absolute royal balls up. England should be given 3-0 win. Rain is forecast so you don't shut your retractable roof. Idiocy.

what a joke.

^^^Kempes^^^

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 59 of 100

Jump to: