Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Complete The Wire Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason I love season two is that is delves into a little bit into the Federal Investigators, Agent Koutris in particular. We don't see a lot of their dealings, but one thing that is always out there for debate around Koutris is this;

Was he a dodgy dealer? Was he involved with The Greek insomuch as that he was essentially an inside man that was held in esteem by that organistaion, or, as I beleive, was he just another pawn for The Greek to move around to make sure that things fell into line for him.

Koutris beleived that The Greek was a key informant for him, and technically he was, he could give up large scale drug operations to keep his own nose clean, but what Koutris did not know was that The Greek was essentially a the mastermind of the entire operation.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Another reason I love season two is that is delves into a little bit into the Federal Investigators, Agent Koutris in particular. We don't see a lot of their dealings, but one thing that is always out there for debate around Koutris is this;

Was he a dodgy dealer? Was he involved with The Greek insomuch as that he was essentially an inside man that was held in esteem by that organistaion, or, as I beleive, was he just another pawn for The Greek to move around to make sure that things fell into line for him.

Koutris beleived that The Greek was a key informant for him, and technically he was, he could give up large scale drug operations to keep his own nose clean, but what Koutris did not know was that The Greek was essentially a the mastermind of the entire operation.

I believe they said that the Greek was a valuable informant in their anti-terrorism efforts. In the first season, McNulty's FBI friend was saying how they were wrapping up pretty much all their drug investigations were being wrapped up in favor of terrorism cases. Koutris' priority was the terrorism, so he let the Greek's drug stuff slide for information on terrorist organizations.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
khodder wrote:

I believe they said that the Greek was a valuable informant in their anti-terrorism efforts. In the first season, McNulty's FBI friend was saying how they were wrapping up pretty much all their drug investigations were being wrapped up in favor of terrorism cases. Koutris' priority was the terrorism, so he let the Greek's drug stuff slide for information on terrorist organizations.

Question is, how much info is he actually getting on these terrorist organizations?

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/09/11/big-g-glover-from-the-wire-to-the-mic-at-1-nfl/

Anwan Glover (Slim Charles) is narrating Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL. This year.

Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/09/11/big-g-glover-from-the-wire-to-the-mic-at-1-nfl/

Anwan Glover (Slim Charles) is narrating Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL. This year.

This is the greatest news of my life time.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
tinoynk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan Freeman wishes his voice sounded as cool as Slim Charles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done rewatching season 3. It was a lot darker than I remember and a lot more lonely. It seems as though every character is lonely. Daniels is divorcing his wife and is caught between the politics of being a ranking police officer and his men trying to do actual police work. Stringer at the end of his life has no one, the only reason people talk to him is because he has power and employs them; and at the end of his life the only person that truly loved OKed his hit. McNulty has his kids but while he loves them, he does view them as an obstacle for his job (or sometimes a tool as we saw in season 2). Kima is turning into McNulty, engaging in infidelity to avoid a failing marriage. Herc and Carver are constantly forgot throughout the show (the reason they left major crimes unit) and they never really seem to have any love interests. Everyone just seems so lonely.

I don't know, that just really stuck with me with my last viewing. I may start season 4 later today
tinoynk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6821163/the-wire-rpg

Pretty hilarious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Just got done rewatching season 3. It was a lot darker than I remember and a lot more lonely. It seems as though every character is lonely. Daniels is divorcing his wife and is caught between the politics of being a ranking police officer and his men trying to do actual police work. Stringer at the end of his life has no one, the only reason people talk to him is because he has power and employs them; and at the end of his life the only person that truly loved OKed his hit. McNulty has his kids but while he loves them, he does view them as an obstacle for his job (or sometimes a tool as we saw in season 2). Kima is turning into McNulty, engaging in infidelity to avoid a failing marriage. Herc and Carver are constantly forgot throughout the show (the reason they left major crimes unit) and they never really seem to have any love interests. Everyone just seems so lonely.

I don't know, that just really stuck with me with my last viewing. I may start season 4 later today

Herc and Carver are both married, or at the very least have significant others as shown in the scene where they bump into Bodie and Poot at the movie theaters.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:

Pretty hilarious.

HAHA Clay Davis was hilarious. "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....eeeeeeet"

Nice find.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:

Pretty hilarious.

"With so much drama in the LBC..."

Laughing

Awesome find.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 71 rec. 1132 yds, 9 TDs
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sepinwall.blogspot.co.nz/2008/03/wire-30-farewell-to-baltimore.html

That is an incredibly good read for anyone who is a fan of The Wire

Enjoyed this section;

Quote:
Michael has always been written and portrayed as kind of a mirror character. Other characters look at him and see something of themselves in him, which is why so many people were eager to mentor him last year. Bodie saw another great corner boy, Marlo a fellow self-made man, Cutty a great boxer, Prez a good student, etc. He has traits in common with other characters, but the one that's always defined him has been his independence, his lack of interest in being beholden to anyone. He worked Bodie's corner to make money, and willingly took instruction from Chris and Snoop, but that was to pay off the debt for them killing Bug's dad. He's always been his own man, even though he's still technically a boy.

JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
http://sepinwall.blogspot.co.nz/2008/03/wire-30-farewell-to-baltimore.html

That is an incredibly good read for anyone who is a fan of The Wire

Enjoyed this section;

Quote:
Michael has always been written and portrayed as kind of a mirror character. Other characters look at him and see something of themselves in him, which is why so many people were eager to mentor him last year. Bodie saw another great corner boy, Marlo a fellow self-made man, Cutty a great boxer, Prez a good student, etc. He has traits in common with other characters, but the one that's always defined him has been his independence, his lack of interest in being beholden to anyone. He worked Bodie's corner to make money, and willingly took instruction from Chris and Snoop, but that was to pay off the debt for them killing Bug's dad. He's always been his own man, even though he's still technically a boy.

That was an AMAZING read.

Mann I miss this show!!!

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.darkmatter101.org/site/category/journal/issues/4-the-wire/

Some light reading material for anyone who wishes to delve deeper.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deem it illegal on FF for this thread to drop off the entertainment Front Page.

But seriously;

http://www.darkmatter101.org/site/2009/05/29/the-life-and-times-of-fuzzy-dunlop-herc-and-the-modern-urban-crime-environment/

Quote:
Detective (later Sergeant) Thomas “Herc” Hauk (portrayed by actor Dominick Lombardozzi) is, perversely, the greatest criminal investigator in David Simon’s Baltimore. Despite his ostensible function as comic relief in The Wire, Herc proves to be the catalyst for the surveillance plot in each of the series’ five seasons.

Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: