Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Complete The Wire Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 22031
Location: Los Angeles CA ROLL TIDE ROLL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only regularly featured cop that was more incompetent than Herc in the field was Prez.
_________________


Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
The only regularly featured cop that was more incompetent than Herc in the field was Prez.


No doubt, but I find it interesting that they say he is the catalyst for the major investigation in each season. I can see it in season four (or is it five) with the lost camera (I think it is four), but the others I am kind of blank on.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 36704
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need to get on this..
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34818
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
Still need to get on this..


DO IT.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34818
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
The only regularly featured cop that was more incompetent than Herc in the field was Prez.


No doubt, but I find it interesting that they say he is the catalyst for the major investigation in each season. I can see it in season four (or is it five) with the lost camera (I think it is four), but the others I am kind of blank on.


He sure wasn't in season 1. That was McNulty and Freamon.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tinoynk


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3323
Location: UWS Manhattan, NYC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
khodder wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
The only regularly featured cop that was more incompetent than Herc in the field was Prez.


No doubt, but I find it interesting that they say he is the catalyst for the major investigation in each season. I can see it in season four (or is it five) with the lost camera (I think it is four), but the others I am kind of blank on.


He sure wasn't in season 1. That was McNulty and Freamon.


Didn't he figure out the whole phone button code in season 1?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34818
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
1King wrote:
khodder wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
The only regularly featured cop that was more incompetent than Herc in the field was Prez.


No doubt, but I find it interesting that they say he is the catalyst for the major investigation in each season. I can see it in season four (or is it five) with the lost camera (I think it is four), but the others I am kind of blank on.


He sure wasn't in season 1. That was McNulty and Freamon.


Didn't he figure out the whole phone button code in season 1?


Prez did.

McNulty got the investigation started, Freamon got the picture of Avon, and Prez figured out the phone code.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43480
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prez also pushed for Daniels to be brought back on the case in season 2.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 43480
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my favorite part about the show is it's completely unbiased display of pretty much all events. For example, the inmate correctional system is shown to work for Cutty and D'angelo, but not for Avon (who was even down to help Marlo after he was put away for good). It all depends on the individual, there is no simple way of generalizing these things (something a lot of people love to do). A lot of these problems with schools, politics, and law enforcement are complex, there is no easy fix, and the show does a wonderful job giving specific examples of these complexities.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 22031
Location: Los Angeles CA ROLL TIDE ROLL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Prez also pushed for Daniels to be brought back on the case in season 2.

Also, Herc only got burn in the street investigations bcuz the dealers were white and he bungled that too.

I always found it unbelievable that Herc went to work for Morry too (and that Morry would hire a cop who had been involved in trying to bring down one of his most important clients).
_________________


Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/09/26/davidsimon-orioles/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a5

David Simon with a couple of notes on the Orioles pennant race.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 13584
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done with Season four yesterday. The ending of Randy with his foster mother and when he goes into the group home gets me every time. That [inappropriate/removed] sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47540
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so depressing. I keep looking for new TV series to jump into but nothing ever comes close to living up to The Wire other than Game of Thrones(but waiting on new seasons). It's just so disappointing. It wasn't that The Wire was entertaining, it was that it was entertaining, enlightening and intelligently written. Finding a combination of those 3 on TV is nearly impossible.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 22031
Location: Los Angeles CA ROLL TIDE ROLL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
It's so depressing. I keep looking for new TV series to jump into but nothing ever comes close to living up to The Wire other than Game of Thrones(but waiting on new seasons). It's just so disappointing. It wasn't that The Wire was entertaining, it was that it was entertaining, enlightening and intelligently written. Finding a combination of those 3 on TV is nearly impossible.

I agree with the bolded but this series manages to do exactly that:


_________________


Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47540
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
It's so depressing. I keep looking for new TV series to jump into but nothing ever comes close to living up to The Wire other than Game of Thrones(but waiting on new seasons). It's just so disappointing. It wasn't that The Wire was entertaining, it was that it was entertaining, enlightening and intelligently written. Finding a combination of those 3 on TV is nearly impossible.

I agree with the bolded but this series manages to do exactly that:



Sorry man, watched it and it just didn't do it for me. I don't think anything will ever live up to The Wire. If anyone hasn't seen the entirety of the show, I really hope they take the time to do it. There are very very very very few shows in the history of TV that successfully builded upon themselves with each season. Most shows just repeated the same plots in different packages until it got stale.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group