Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turtle's way too early 2013 4 round Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an eagles fan and alumni of the great university of nevada, I am happy with the first two picks.

Can the OG play center as well? Would rather have someone versatile.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
As an eagles fan and alumni of the great university of nevada, I am happy with the first two picks.

Can the OG play center as well? Would rather have someone versatile.
He's never played center, but he's been one of the top guards in the nation two years running.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something? Why are there only 30 teams picking in the second round this year?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
Am I missing something? Why are there only 30 teams picking in the second round this year?

The Saints lost their 2nd round pick over the BountyGate incident.

The Browns gave up their 2nd round pick in the Supplemental Draft
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we keep the 34, Hali and Houston have locked up the OLB spots.

Id rather one of the 3 safeties that went after. We desperately need help back there, draft one of them and move Berry to FS. Or take Kenny Stills since bowe is leaving after this year.

Otherwise awesome Chiefs draft.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first round pick. One of my favorite players in the draft and would be a much needed addition to groom at safety.

I don't think Ellington would be a good fit. He's not an every down back which is what I would want if the Steelers selected a RB high. He's had injury concerns as well. He's explosive but I see him more as a third down back which is what Rainey already is. I would like OLB Thomas there instead.

I don't like Mauti who has already had two ACL injuries. He's damaged goods. I like the position taken there because they do need an ILB just not the risk that comes along with him.

Nice overall job.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually a fan of it for the Chargers. X is too much combination of upside and both present and future need (even if by some slim chance both Quentin Jammer and Antoine Cason are re-signed, Jammer's getting long in the tooth and has maybe 2 more years left in him at best) to pass up on in the 1st.

Frederick in the 2nd round I like, I just don't know how realistic it is. AJ rarely goes OL prior to the 3rd round - even when he needs a starter (we went into the 2009 draft with little more than journeyman Kynan Forney at RG and still didn't draft an OL until Vasquez in the 3rd). Other than the round it fits our normal OL modus operendi to a "T" (Big 10 player, versatile/multi-position guy). If we do wait until the 3rd round, I've got Graham Pocic tabbed as the likely candidate.

In the 3rd you might catch flack from some folks for an RB, but you won't hear me complaining about the position. I'm just not as sold on Gillisee as you are. I've got him rated far more as a 5th round type guy, because I don't see him on tape playing like he's faster than his projected 4.5s straight line speed. I'd sooner take the safer pick in Christine Michael (the next RB you have coming off the board) or Stepfan Taylor. I've got a personal preference for Michael because I think he's a bit more dynamic, but Taylor is more pro-ready, which could give him the leg-up in AJ's mind. Also wouldn't mind taking a shot at someone like Michael Buchanan with this pick either.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me see if i get this straight cleveland will pick QBs in th 1st round every year till they get a good one?

wouldnt it seem more likely they give Weedon at least 2 full seasons before considering a change?

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedandGold wrote:
let me see if i get this straight cleveland will pick QBs in th 1st round every year till they get a good one?

wouldnt it seem more likely they give Weedon at least 2 full seasons before considering a change?
New regime = new QB. Who else would they take... Mingo #1 overall?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Love the first round pick. One of my favorite players in the draft and would be a much needed addition to groom at safety.

I don't think Ellington would be a good fit. He's not an every down back which is what I would want if the Steelers selected a RB high. He's had injury concerns as well. He's explosive but I see him more as a third down back which is what Rainey already is. I would like OLB Thomas there instead.

I don't like Mauti who has already had two ACL injuries. He's damaged goods. I like the position taken there because they do need an ILB just not the risk that comes along with him.

Nice overall job.
Ellington may not be an everydown back but he will provide a great change of pace to Redman and Dwyer. I think Mendenhall is gone after this year. The steelers need a back like him.

I didn't realize Mauti had two ACL injuries, still though he's a tough football player a steelers type player. He'd be a late 3rd round pick and I think he'd provide good depth behind Foote and Timmons.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Assuming we keep the 34, Hali and Houston have locked up the OLB spots.

Id rather one of the 3 safeties that went after. We desperately need help back there, draft one of them and move Berry to FS. Or take Kenny Stills since bowe is leaving after this year.

Otherwise awesome Chiefs draft.
I think with Hali's suspension it has been proven that you need depth there. I thought Lewis was a good FS?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manti Te’o works in the 1st round for the Bears…he would replace Urlacher as both a playmaker and leader of our D…

In the 2nd round Wagner is a terrible pick…he isn’t a LT at the next level and we already have Gabe Carimi at RT who was more talented than Wagner coming out of Wisconsin…I would much rather take Travis Fredrick to play LG for us or continue to add to the defence with Johnny Adams, Sylvester Williams or James Gayle.
Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first 2 picks. Jarvis Jones and Alex Okafor would be amazing.

Third round, I'd rather go Aaron Dobson.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:

Or even Dallas Thomas in the 2nd and Dion Jordan in the 3rd

#JDI
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:

I got ya. So you think WR or another position in round 3, then come back in round 4 or 5 and get a QB. I can dig it, I'll make that change.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: