Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 NFL Fines, Record amount: LB Timmons, DB Phillips
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see an example of this "blindside block" that someone was fined for.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
I want to see an example of this "blindside block" that someone was fined for.

It has it's own thread. Golden Tate was the one fined.

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Fine for throwing the ball at someone? My God. You've got to be kidding me.

This was the most ridiculous. The fact that Morgan cost them the game isn't enough? Fines should only be issues for serious player safety violations. Not every penalty has to be reinforced by a fine.

Honestly, even the rational side of me cannot support Goodell as a commissioner. As the players union, I would have really fought harder against this garbage and dictatorship of Goodell. That's not what America is about. Never has been.
eagles101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
I will not make other comments on the fines on Timmons, since this is not the dumbest fines of the week 2

The fines of the players of the giants is stupid,same for those of Alex Smith, Jenkins(rams) and other

Seriously, he has so many rule and this is out of control

I wonder if a player will be fined if he does an offside or a false start

A. What language is this

B. Shocked face that you are hating on Goodell

C. Whether you like it or not, the Timmons hit was illegal and the fine justified

hey hes got a point....it isnt the worse fine of the week....in fact its probably one of the most justifiable ones this week

props to deadpulse
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
I will not make other comments on the fines on Timmons, since this is not the dumbest fines of the week 2

The fines of the players of the giants is stupid,same for those of Alex Smith, Jenkins(rams) and other

A. What language is this

C. Whether you like it or not, the Timmons hit was illegal and the fine justified

hey hes got a point....it isnt the worse fine of the week....in fact its probably one of the most justifiable ones this week

Up until this fine was released, he spent the entire thread trying to argue that the Timmons hit was legal.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:

A. What language is this

Up until this fine was released, he spent the entire thread trying to argue that the Timmons hit was legal.

before 2006, the hit of Timmons was legal

He had too many frustrating rule right now and it is for this reason that he had 3 QB of 5000 yards in 2011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:

A. What language is this

He had too many frustrating rule right now and it is for this reason that he had 3 QB of 5000 yards in 2011

Who is he? Because I know it isn't Goddell since he doesn't make any rules. The competition committee does.

#JDI
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:

And?

What does that have to do with right now?

You used to be able to horse collar at will as well. Cracking down on helmet to helmet and horse collaring is for player safety.

Timmons hit was illegal and deserved to be fined by todays standards. Timmons used horrible tackling form and thats what happens. Defeisnive players are at a disadvatage, but its still Timmons fault for not using proper form.

Steelerspower wrote:

For one, stop blindly hating on Goodell and learn how rules are actually made, because its clear you either dont know or are just trying to pin everything on Goodell. I dont even really like Goodell, but dear lord...

Secondly, "his" rules had very little to do with why there were three 5000 yard passers and pretty much everything to do with teams pretty much just passing constantly because they couldnt run the ball. Today's rules obviously benefit the passing game, but the three 5000 yard passers all had over 600 attempts.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For one, stop blindly hating on Goodell and learn how rules are actually made, because its clear you either dont know or are just trying to pin everything on Goodell. I dont even really like Goodell, but dear lord...

Secondly, "his" rules had very little to do with why there were three 5000 yard passers and pretty much everything to do with teams pretty much just passing constantly because they couldnt run the ball. Today's rules obviously benefit the passing game, but the three 5000 yard passers all had over 600 attempts.

please, the rules have a big impact on the passing game right now

The rules disadvantages enormously the defenses and this is very frustrating

I hate the defenseless player rule

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:

A. What language is this

o i know. i was just kidding. i started to argue with him thinking he was a different then i read his name and i was like AHHH, ok im done here.

props to deadpulse
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

This was the most ridiculous. The fact that Morgan cost them the game isn't enough? Fines should only be issues for serious player safety violations. Not every penalty has to be reinforced by a fine.

Honestly, even the rational side of me cannot support Goodell as a commissioner. As the players union, I would have really fought harder against this garbage and dictatorship of Goodell. That's not what America is about. Never has been.

A fine for Morgan is and was a joke. Surely the penalty was enough? Morgan didn't hurt anyone...
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at that replay of the Timmons hit, that is one of the dirtiest pre-whistle hits that I can remember.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

A fine for Morgan is and was a joke. Surely the penalty was enough? Morgan didn't hurt anyone...

Fining Morgan on that play is like fining QBs whenever one of their passes is dropped.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
eagles101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Tooki wrote:
RashaanSalaami wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Fining Morgan on that play is like fining QBs whenever one of their passes is dropped.

what what?

props to deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: