Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Android Thread V2 (Apple can't ban this)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Where did the guy get the idea?

Doesn't really matter to the point at hand. Apple didn't rip off Android, they paid a developer of an open source product to use his product. There was no "ripping off" or copying of Android by Apple.

And LockInfo was in development before Android ever released their notification center, if that's what you're asking. Google also held no patent over the implementation.

Cool. I was just curious. I did read a while back that Google did file for a patent for the notification system. Not sure how that ended up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM&feature=youtu.be

I did lol b/c this is exactly how the iPhone fanboys act...

PM sig requests.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-Prx19ZM&feature=youtu.be

I did lol b/c this is exactly how the iPhone fanboys act...

Haha, enjoyed watching that.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Packerfaninmn wrote:
Where did the guy get the idea?

Doesn't really matter to the point at hand. Apple didn't rip off Android, they paid a developer of an open source product to use his product. There was no "ripping off" or copying of Android by Apple.

And LockInfo was in development before Android ever released their notification center, if that's what you're asking. Google also held no patent over the implementation.
Google believes in open source philosophy so it makes sense that they wouldn't hold patents.

Here's how innovation works, somebody comes up w/ a great idea, somebody else sees that idea, implements it and tries to make it better. The problem is that patents are now being given for completely vague concepts. There was a time when a patent you created had to be specific. It wasn't just about the concept but about the technology and how you implemented it. Now we let companies patent and trademark colors, patent something as vague as a videogame system playing music, apps w/ rounded corners on phones. How advanced would our current technology be if IBM hadn't made an open source form factor for PCs. If Nokia (who was first to market) had been given a patent on "smart phones". This is the history of technological advancement, and apple is shooting itself in the foot claims that stifle the industry against its competitors. Everybody hates Maddens since exclusivity, exclusivity is the enemy of innovation. Apple which has built a reputation as the home of innovation has now created a market in which they can no longer "borrow" from competitors and will stimy the growth of their own product (which we've seen since 3gs) while the competition is able to continuously improve and innovate b/c they operate as an open source comodity amongst each other. Always trying to one up the next best thing.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
coors

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still using my HTC EVO 4G from about right after it was released, which I am pretty sure was roughly Jan of 2011 when I got it. Loved the phone for the first few months.. but I hate it with a passion now. Phone is super bogged down and slow, has the worst battery life of any phone I have ever had.. the flash for my camera stopped working about 4 months ago for absolutely no reason, and because of that it dramatically limits the pictures that I can take. Can't take anything from dusk or later.. and the nighttime is when I take 80% of my pictures Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
still using my HTC EVO 4G from about right after it was released, which I am pretty sure was roughly Jan of 2011 when I got it. Loved the phone for the first few months.. but I hate it with a passion now. Phone is super bogged down and slow, has the worst battery life of any phone I have ever had.. the flash for my camera stopped working about 4 months ago for absolutely no reason, and because of that it dramatically limits the pictures that I can take. Can't take anything from dusk or later.. and the nighttime is when I take 80% of my pictures Evil or Very Mad
New EVO 4G LTE is probably a good idea. I love my EVO

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I miss form Android so far...

-Notification light: I will sometimes blankly look at my iPhone waiting from a blinking light to appear. It really is a great feature and one that I didn't really appreciate until now.

-Google Maps: I haven't really used the maps app on my iPhone quite yet, but all indications are that Apples iteration isn't quite up to par. Google Maps with turn-by-turn was something I always liked about Android.

-Not feeling that I'm holing something from an art gallery-As strange as this sounds, I feel an obligation to keep my iPhone as pretty and pristine as possible. The iPhone 5 looks great but the materials (especially on the black) is prone to scratches and dents.

That's it so far. I'm really digging my phone.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrS9AVPUMFQ

Google needs to run this ad on every channel, haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Also since you are out of warranty, have you considered rooting your phone and loading a custom ROM. It could really solve a lot of your problems.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:

-Notification light: I will sometimes blankly look at my iPhone waiting from a blinking light to appear. It really is a great feature and one that I didn't really appreciate until now.

there is a setting on the iphone where when you get a text the flash from the camera goes off.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

there is a setting on the iphone where when you get a text the flash from the camera goes off.

That has to be the dumbest feature ever.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One issue I am having is when I am texting someone and I see I have made an error I try and move the cursor to fix it and it will highlight the word but it won't just delete the word, it messes it all up, I usually have to end up backspacing to the point of error and re writing everything. Sometimes a clipboard and paste prompt will come up, but I have zero idea what those things are. Oy. Any ideas?
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Galaxy S 2 randomly stops working on wifi. Wifi is still on but i just cant connect and the wifi symbol disapears. When i turn wifi on then off again it works but then itll repeat the process soon after. Any ideas?

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
iPwn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really Android related, but I feel like the more techy guys in here would be the most likely to know since it's all Google.

My college email is through Google Apps or whatever their service is called. I also have a personal Gmail that I basically just use for my YouTube, Google Voice and Google+ accounts. Is there any way to combine these two, or migrate all of the stuff on my Google account to my college email?

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Not really Android related, but I feel like the more techy guys in here would be the most likely to know since it's all Google.

My college email is through Google Apps or whatever their service is called. I also have a personal Gmail that I basically just use for my YouTube, Google Voice and Google+ accounts. Is there any way to combine these two, or migrate all of the stuff on my Google account to my college email?
Not that I know of. You can link accounts together, though.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-merge-multiple-gmail-addresses-in-one-account-2010-12?op=1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 14 of 100

Jump to: