Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Vs Steelers- GAMEDAY TODAY LETS WIN THIS ISH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Much We Win By?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Who Cares, JUST WIN
82%
 82%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 23

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys. Id say they & Palmer played some discipline football in the second half. It was too poetic for Seabass to not make that kick. I'm sure Al is smiling.

Knowledgable Steelers fans knew that this would not be as easy as it was perceived by many.

...you have a forum resume?
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Silver&Black88"][quote="Raidin"][quote="RaisinBran"]Can someone give me a link to that hit Giordano put on that one receiver. He absolutely destroyed him on a deep pass down the middle of the field! I wanna show it to my friend haha[/quote]

I remember face-palming over the fact Gioradno seemed to be celebrating it. What a clown.[/quote]

+1. Reminded me of Thomas Howard. Whatta boob.[/quote]

HAHA that is exactly what I thought of when I saw it. Thomas Howard was one of my least favorite Raiders ever, and I never liked Morrison for the same reason.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Congrats guys. Id say they & Palmer played some discipline football in the second half. It was too poetic for Seabass to not make that kick. I'm sure Al is smiling.

Knowledgable Steelers fans knew that this would not be as easy as it was perceived by many.

Thanks. Hope Haley takes the chains of Ben or they get rid of Haley. I liked your offense much better the last few years. And I am not just talking about this game.
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
1-2

"guys were going to lose this game"

"a blow out"

"the boos will surface"

far from the reality of it.

Laughing

lets see what the fellas have to say today Wink

I'll bite.

The Steelers beat themselves. Penalties and turnovers kept the Raiders in the game and eventually gave it away.

Roethlisberger throws 384 and 4TDs and they lose? That will rarely, ever happen in the NFL.

It was great to get a win and props to the coaching staff for keeping them fighting and making some half time adjustments. But the defense can't play that way and expect to be competitive every week.

Manning is up next. The Raiders need to make some big time adjustments this week. Need to figure out a way to generate pass rush and cover underneath. Force Manning to throw deep where he's struggling. If they are going to give his WR 12 yard cushions all game, trouble is brewing.

oh please

we were without 2 starting corners playing with dbs that wouldnt make some teams practice squad.

we won cuz we played as well as they did and guess what?

better. score shows it, proof in the pudding

1-2 fans
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
1-2

"guys were going to lose this game"

"a blow out"

"the boos will surface"

far from the reality of it.

Laughing

lets see what the fellas have to say today Wink

I'll bite.

The Steelers beat themselves. Penalties and turnovers kept the Raiders in the game and eventually gave it away.

Roethlisberger throws 384 and 4TDs and they lose? That will rarely, ever happen in the NFL.

It was great to get a win and props to the coaching staff for keeping them fighting and making some half time adjustments. But the defense can't play that way and expect to be competitive every week.

Manning is up next. The Raiders need to make some big time adjustments this week. Need to figure out a way to generate pass rush and cover underneath. Force Manning to throw deep where he's struggling. If they are going to give his WR 12 yard cushions all game, trouble is brewing.

oh please

we were without 2 starting corners playing with dbs that wouldnt make some teams practice squad.

we won cuz we played as well as they did and guess what?

better. score shows it, proof in the pudding

1-2 fans

Agreed

We were huge underdogs coming in and this was a win we deserved. raiders played there butts off, pulled out a win and deserved it.

Penalties and turnovers are a part of football, so we shouldn't be penalized and nothing should be taken away from us because oakland played more disciplined football.

I agree the defense needs big time improvement, but they made the plays when they had to, stepped up when it counted and pulled out the W. Well, 100% deserved victory for the raiders yesterday.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Penalties and turnovers are a part of football, so we shouldn't be penalized and nothing should be taken away from us because they played more disciplined football.

They shouldn't. But the penalties and fumbles were huge factors yesterday.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Penalties and turnovers are a part of football, so we shouldn't be penalized and nothing should be taken away from us because they played more disciplined football.

yeah but it feels awesome being on the other side of that for once. usually penalties and turnovers are our achiles heel...weird, but sweet, and i hope it continues.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

It was a huge part. But the Raiders earned that yesterday. Well the offense earned it at least. I agree not to take away from us but those turnovers and penalties were huge. It works both ways we cry(including myself) plenty over the past two years if we stop the penalties and turnovers we would had been in the playoffs. So you can beat yourself with mistakes, it does happen. Steelers had over more than 100 total yards and 13 minutes of possession they just made to many mistakes.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i'm very happy to take it at this point but the question is can we rely on that to win games consistently?
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
And i'm very happy to take it at this point but the question is can we rely on that to win games consistently?

It won't be every game that we face someone as mobile as Big Ben, which made an already below average pass rush even worse. We're really struggling at CB, but they were forced to cover an elite WR unit for too long yesterday.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

It won't be every game that we face someone as mobile as Big Ben, which made an already below average pass rush even worse. We're really struggling at CB, but they were forced to cover an elite WR unit for too long yesterday.

Well we still have to face Brees and his crew, Denver twice, Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa's WRs (damn that whole NFCS). So we better figure it out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Well we still have to face Brees and his crew, Denver twice, Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa's WRs (damn that whole NFCS). So we better figure it out.

Of all those QB's, none are as good at moving around the pocket as Big Ben, which was my main point. I know we still have to face some good passing offenses. (even though I wouldn't consider the Broncos, Bucs, or Panthers that)
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Of all those QB's, none are as good at moving around the pocket as Big Ben, which was my main point. I know we still have to face some good passing offenses. (even though I wouldn't consider the Broncos, Bucs, or Panthers that)

And I'm saying we have to face some good WR groups still. Regardless of QB's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Thank you Redskins for Willie Smith Laughing

forgot all about him, he did a great job Vs Woodley

btw 1-0 in Game Day threads, you can pm me a thank you letter Cool

1-0 also in gdt Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

yeah but it feels awesome being on the other side of that for once. usually penalties and turnovers are our achiles heel...weird, but sweet, and i hope it continues.

we are still getting killed with the no-calls but im glad we didnt let the refs decide the game.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 61 of 63

Jump to: