Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Williams TE Alabama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Michael Williams TE Alabama Reply with quote

I love this guy as a prospect for an elite #2 TE in the NFL with an emphasis on blocking. I believe this guy blocks better than most college LTs, and its in both the run and passing game. He sitll has the ability to get open when the attention is on WRs and very good hands to make it happen. I've been watching DEs since April and while doing so this guy kept jumping off the screen. He was shutting down Sam Montgomery and Corey Lemonier 1-on-1 in pass pro. He is a road grader in the run game.

I have 2 questions for the board.

1). How high would you take and elite blocking TE who still has the ability to get open and make the catch when called on?

2). Does anyone else think if Williams added 40 pounds that he could be a very good LT in the NFL ala Jason Peters? I believe he has shown better than Peters when he was a TE at Arkansas.

Jamison on the sig
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I like him alot as a number 2 TE and is an absolute beast as a run blocker. He's been a contributer every year for bama.

that being said, adding 40 pounds is no easy task (at least not a good 40 pounds) nor is it easy to keep that kind of weight on after youve put it on. I think he is better served being what he is already, a monster run blocking TE who can also provide a bit of a security blanket.
[UMN]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite player in the draft. I want the Vikings to cut John Carlson so they can draft him.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a great blocker but he has deceptive athleticism and reminds me Eric Green who played with the Steelers. Great size and good feet but he can get downfield and make an acrobatic catch. Has good hand-eye coordination and doesn't drop many passes. I think he is easily a 2nd round prospect.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a guy I really like. Definitely see him as a sleeper at this point in time.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael Williams TE Alabama Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I love this guy as a prospect for an elite #2 TE in the NFL with an emphasis on blocking. I believe this guy blocks better than most college LTs, and its in both the run and passing game. He sitll has the ability to get open when the attention is on WRs and very good hands to make it happen. I've been watching DEs since April and while doing so this guy kept jumping off the screen. He was shutting down Sam Montgomery and Corey Lemonier 1-on-1 in pass pro. He is a road grader in the run game.

1). How high would you take and elite blocking TE who still has the ability to get open and make the catch when called on?

2). Does anyone else think if Williams added 40 pounds that he could be a very good LT in the NFL ala Jason Peters? I believe he has shown better than Peters when he was a TE at Arkansas.

He'll be a great #1 Te, let alone #2.

2.) No, he isn't going to be converted. Peters already outweighed Williams by 50+ pounds at this point in his career, and was really already an OT playing TE. Nutt wanted to run the ball, so he made Shawn Andrews, a guard, into a RT, and Peters into a TE for blocking purposes.
Meco

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael Williams TE Alabama Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

2.) No, he isn't going to be converted. Peters already outweighed Williams by 50+ pounds at this point in his career, and was really already an OT playing TE. Nutt wanted to run the ball, so he made Shawn Andrews, a guard, into a RT, and Peters into a TE for blocking purposes.

Lets not sell Shawn Andrews short here. Shawn Andrews was a really good OT for Arkansas. He was very nible, coordinated and athletic for a guy of his size and power. The only reason he was playing guard for the Eagles was because Jon Runyan was already in town and Andrews was his heir. Andrews was supposed to be our starter at RT in 2009 before he screwed his back up again.

EDIT: Mike Williams, I like him. Sort of reminds me of Brandon Pettigrew. Not overly quick but his sheer size allows him to be a reliable check down target and he's one heck of a blocker. He and Dion Sims are in the same boat for me although I reckon Sims is a tad more athletic.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Michael Williams TE Alabama Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Reality_Check wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Lets not sell Shawn Andrews short here. Shawn Andrews was a really good OT for Arkansas. He was very nible, coordinated and athletic for a guy of his size and power. The only reason he was playing guard for the Eagles was because Jon Runyan was already in town and Andrews was his heir. Andrews was supposed to be our starter at RT in 2009 before he screwed his back up again.

EDIT: Mike Williams, I like him. Sort of reminds me of Brandon Pettigrew. Not overly quick but his sheer size allows him to be a reliable check down target and he's one heck of a blocker. He and Dion Sims are in the same boat for me although I reckon Sims is a tad more athletic.

I'm not selling anything short, I worked for the program when Andres and Peters were there. In terms of NFL evaluators, most thought Andrews was likely a guard, some viewed him as a possible RT/G hybrid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: