Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Kansas City @ New Orleans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win?
nobody
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
everybody
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
the replacement refs
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
the Ain'ts
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
the Chefs
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Johanna Lundback
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, I don't know a ton about Reddick so I'd have to give you the honor of telling me.

I love Teo, but he is easily a first round talent, and as I am on record in stating we need a QB I think he is out of our league. Also, we didn't take Hightower in the first for a reason, that being said I couldn't complain if we somehow traded back into the first and snagged him.

About Borland - Yes he is 5'11" which is part of why I think he might last until the 3rd. Remember the last guy I stumped for who people thought was too short but lasted until the 3rd? Anyway, I think Borland has everything you want. He had a combined tackle total of 143 last year, 19 TFL and is on pace for a better year this year. I'll be interested to see where his combine numbers come out. Because of the height concerns I really think his combine is going to influence people's perceptions.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pioli doesn't draft a QB next year....well most of us have hobbies that we love, but we're not good enough at to make a living doing it. GM should become a hobby for Scott (fantasy leagues, etc....) if it's not already.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Nic, I don't know a ton about Reddick so I'd have to give you the honor of telling me.

I love Teo, but he is easily a first round talent, and as I am on record in stating we need a QB I think he is out of our league. Also, we didn't take Hightower in the first for a reason, that being said I couldn't complain if we somehow traded back into the first and snagged him.

About Borland - Yes he is 5'11" which is part of why I think he might last until the 3rd. Remember the last guy I stumped for who people thought was too short but lasted until the 3rd? Anyway, I think Borland has everything you want. He had a combined tackle total of 143 last year, 19 TFL and is on pace for a better year this year. I'll be interested to see where his combine numbers come out. Because of the height concerns I really think his combine is going to influence people's perceptions.

DT, good insight into Borland as a prospect. He is a junior, right? If so, it seems fairly rare for ILBs to declare early.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rumless

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs are 1-0 in games where Mikey doesn't attend and 0-2 when he does. Mike, if you want us to have a Super Bowl season, please stay home from now on.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
The Chiefs are 1-0 in games where Mikey doesn't attend and 0-2 when he does. Mike, if you want us to have a Super Bowl season, please stay home from now on.

Every day game I have attended we have lost. Every prime time game I've gone to we have won. Anyone wanna buy me tix to S.D or Pitt?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Every day game I have attended we have lost. Every prime time game I've gone to we have won. Anyone wanna buy me tix to S.D or Pitt?

Maybe that new guy Rumless will buy you a ticket or two.

samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Ehh, he doesn't seem as generous as the typical FF Chiefs fan. Not sure how long he'll last around these parts Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Rumless wrote:

Ehh, he doesn't seem as knowledgeable as the typical FF Chiefs fan. Not sure how long he'll last around these parts Wink

FIFY.

Laughing

DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where else to put this so I'll put it in here. As most of you know my number 2 team is Green Bay as it is the home state team.

I thought that our game on Sunday was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. That was until last night, the NFL needs to step up and say no more. They need to protect the brand, it's a disgrace at this point.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. who would have thought that after almost 25 percent of the season we would have the NUMBER 1 ranked offense in the nfl. (total yards) I know stats never tell the whole story but that is still shocking to me. Number 1 rushing offense and number 1 in total offense. and that is with matt cassel at QB. How good would the offense be with a real QB?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Wow. who would have thought that after almost 25 percent of the season we would have the NUMBER 1 ranked offense in the nfl. (total yards) I know stats never tell the whole story but that is still shocking to me. Number 1 rushing offense and number 1 in total offense. and that is with matt cassel at QB. How good would the offense be with a real QB?

Very good. And we would probably score some points too.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kansas City – Three Performances of Note

Jamaal Charles Carries the Offense

What a day for Charles. He had a career-high 33 rushes for 233 yards including a game changing 91-yard run for Kansas City’s only touchdown of the day, along with six receptions for 55 yards. He didn’t have to make many guys miss, and forced only a single missed tackle on the afternoon, but Charles hit the holes hard when he found room to run. Credit the line for opening many of those running lanes for Charles. Jon Asamoah (+5.5) and Ryan Lilja (+4.0), filling in at center for much of the game, dominated the Saints’ front seven. The downfield blocking wasn’t too bad either: late in the third quarter, wide receiver Terrance Copper put a big-time block on Roman Harper that sealed him inside, and allowed Charles to turn the corner for a 40-yard gain.

For as well as he played, it seems that Charles may not be fully healthy. He was dangerously close to being caught from behind on the TD run and failed to finish his other long run, opting to cut back instead of trying to outrun Malcolm Jenkins–two things I don’t think we see from a completely healthy Charles.

Houston is Huge

While Charles was the man on offense, Justin Houston (+5.1) stole the show on the Kansas City defense, producing one of the most complete performances you will see from an outside linebacker in a base 3-4 defense. Lining up on the left side of the defense on 52 of his 61 snaps, Houston abused Saints’ right tackle Zach Strief, finishing the game with three sacks, three hurries, and a QB hit. When he wasn’t in the face of Drew Brees, Houston was also a force in the run game (adding a stop to his sacks) and in coverage. Dropping back 11 times, Houston didn’t allow a reception either time he was targeted, breaking up one of the passes. The Chiefs defender produced many of these big plays at critical points in the game. Late in the fourth quarter, Houston ended two straight Saints drives with sacks, the second of which went for a safety that setup the Chiefs’ game-tying drive.

The Curious Case of Matt Cassel

Though he made some key throws late in the game, Matt Cassel (-2.0) put on what was otherwise a very poor display for the second week in a row. With a clean pocket for most of the afternoon, pressured on just 9 of his 47 pass attempts, you’d think Cassel would have shredded a New Orleans defense that has been one of the league’s worst. Instead the Kansas City QB missed on far too many passes that a player of Cassel’s experience should make. His third-quarter interception, which led to a Saints touchdown, came on a badly forced throw that had no chance before it even left his hand. Many of his misses were on throws downfield, as he was just 4-of-16 on passes beyond 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, including 0-6 on balls thrown 20+ yards. A performance like that isn’t going to help Cassel shed the “Captain Checkdown” moniker that some have given him, and may have fans calling for Brady Quinn before long.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/24/refo-chiefs-saints-week-3/

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints D ranked last in the league. Run game puts up 273 yards. OL provides a clean pocket on 38 of 47 pass plays. One dropped pass.

Cassel's production? 26/44, 5.6/attempt, 4 out of 16 on passes past 10 yards, 0 out of 6 past 20 yards. One fumble. One receiver injured. One awful INT to which his response was "the defender just made a really good play".

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Saints D ranked last in the league. Run game puts up 273 yards. OL provides a clean pocket on 38 of 47 pass plays. One dropped pass.

Cassel's production? 26/44, 5.6/attempt, 4 out of 16 on passes past 10 yards, 0 out of 6 past 20 yards. One fumble. One receiver injured. One awful INT to which his response was "the defender just made a really good play".

$63 million dollar contract ... priceless.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered: Cassel injured 2 players yesterday with bad throws. That throw to Hillis was very awkward. It was behind him, and I believe it was too soon. I think that caused his injury.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: