Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Elwayfan's 1st Qtr 2013 NFL Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Elwayfan's 1st Qtr 2013 NFL Mock Draft Reply with quote

Re-Sign/Franchise
- OT Ryan Clady
- CB Tracy Porter
- DT Kevin Vickerson
Free Agent-
OG Andy Levitre
DT Henry Melton
LB Justin Durant
S Sherrod Martin

Draft Ė early to mid-20ís

Round 1- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- The right side of the line is a turnstile. Yes, some of that will improve when Kuper returns. However, Franklin cannot handle any speed from the right side. Matthews will be able to start from day one and create bookends with Clady.

Round 2- CJ Mosley ILB Alabama- Joe Mays place with a lot of heart. However, he is just too much of a liability in the 4-3 defense. Denver has to upgrade the linebacker position. Mosley can do everything and would be an upgrade over Mays.

Round 3- Sharrif Floyd DT Florida- Denver still struggles at getting push from the defensive tackle position. Floyd can penetrate the pocket and hold up in the running game. He is a 3 down lineman

Round 4- Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska- Willis McGahee is coming to the end of his career soon. Knowshon is probably done in Denver and Hillman canít take an entire gameís load. Burkhead can do everything well. He runs tough, can block and can catch out of the backfield. He doesnít have elite speed which is why he is still available.

Round 6- Tyrann Matheiu S/CB LSU- Typically, I shy away from these types of cases. However, Matheiu has really impressed me with how he has responded and handled to his removal from the team. He is a guy I would be willing to take a chance on. He will be sitting out a complete year of football, so he will probably go well below his ability suggest. Denver could take advantage.

Round 7- Dion Jordan DE Oregon- I think it is always beneficial, in the late rounds. to take a guy with great measurable and try to develop them. Jordan is one of those guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to draft Tyrann...but, I think he is doing everything he can to get back on the LSU football team. If he doesn't, it would be a great pick, if anything for his return abilities, which we haven't had since Darien Gordon.
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Elwayfan's 1st Qtr 2013 NFL Mock Draft Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
Re-Sign/Franchise
- OT Ryan Clady
- CB Tracy Porter
- DT Kevin Vickerson
Free Agent-
OG Andy Levitre
DT Henry Melton
LB Justin Durant
S Sherrod Martin

Draft Ė early to mid-20ís

Round 1- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M- The right side of the line is a turnstile. Yes, some of that will improve when Kuper returns. However, Franklin cannot handle any speed from the right side. Matthews will be able to start from day one and create bookends with Clady.

Round 2- CJ Mosley ILB Alabama- Joe Mays place with a lot of heart. However, he is just too much of a liability in the 4-3 defense. Denver has to upgrade the linebacker position. Mosley can do everything and would be an upgrade over Mays.

Round 3- Sharrif Floyd DT Florida- Denver still struggles at getting push from the defensive tackle position. Floyd can penetrate the pocket and hold up in the running game. He is a 3 down lineman

Round 4- Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska- Willis McGahee is coming to the end of his career soon. Knowshon is probably done in Denver and Hillman canít take an entire gameís load. Burkhead can do everything well. He runs tough, can block and can catch out of the backfield. He doesnít have elite speed which is why he is still available.

Round 6- Tyrann Matheiu S/CB LSU- Typically, I shy away from these types of cases. However, Matheiu has really impressed me with how he has responded and handled to his removal from the team. He is a guy I would be willing to take a chance on. He will be sitting out a complete year of football, so he will probably go well below his ability suggest. Denver could take advantage.

Round 7- Dion Jordan DE Oregon- I think it is always beneficial, in the late rounds. to take a guy with great measurable and try to develop them. Jordan is one of those guys.
Franklin has done much better this season. Ramirez was getting rocked on Sunday, but Franklin has held up well. Also don't think Mosley will be there. It is early, but he is looking like a late first early second round pick.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Badger would not be a 6th round pick ever. Guy is one of the most talent players in college ball. Even if he sits a year, he goes in the second. 3rd maybe. 6th.... no chance.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Honey Badger would not be a 6th round pick ever. Guy is one of the most talent players in college ball. Even if he sits a year, he goes in the second. 3rd maybe. 6th.... no chance.

I agree with this. Except that Mathieu is not one of the most talented players in NCAA. Hes very instinctual and plays with intensity but not an elite talent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Sherrod Martin Reply with quote

Sherrod Martin as a FA Safety? No thanks. He sucks. He was benched in favor of Haruki Nakamura in Carolina. I would rather have Rahim Moore and Mike Adams than Martin, who can't tackle too well.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

You may be right. However, he wouldnt be the first mega talented prospect to take ta tumble. At this point no one really knows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the priorities. I may add another O lineman as weak and thin as we are. I do agree with your OT in the 1st. I don't think Franklin will ever be able to be isolated on the edge against speed rushers. He just lacks the physical tools.
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
I like the priorities. I may add another O lineman as weak and thin as we are. I do agree with your OT in the 1st. I don't think Franklin will ever be able to be isolated on the edge against speed rushers. He just lacks the physical tools.

I think the problem with this team throughout the years is lack of a commitment in focusing on an aspect of the team. Now some of this is due to the turnover in regimes. This team has ,for many years, lacked an identity. You look at SF, they focused on having a great OL and forming the team around that. The Giants are formed around a dominant DL. The Packers are formed around weapons for Rodgers. Bal is built around a dominant DL with rushers. Until we focus on an area and fix it we are going to have inconsistent teams

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If guys like Chris Polk can go undrafted, Tyrann Mathieu can go in the 6th round.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elwayfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I think the problem with this team throughout the years is lack of a commitment in focusing on an aspect of the team. Now some of this is due to the turnover in regimes. This team has ,for many years, lacked an identity. You look at SF, they focused on having a great OL and forming the team around that. The Giants are formed around a dominant DL. The Packers are formed around weapons for Rodgers. Bal is built around a dominant DL with rushers. Until we focus on an area and fix it we are going to have inconsistent teams

Seahawks focusing on the secondary, Pats on a dominant two TE set... I know what you mean. We once had the best LB corps in the NFL with Al, Gold, DJ/Mobley. Ever since then it seems that our FO is spread too thin in terms of attention and dedication to one position group that we could build around.

Going back to your mock, I have to say that I once was a mock-a-holic. I have noticed, though, that they rarely pan out in the way we think they will. The Broncos seemingly never get who we thought we would/should have targeted.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
If guys like Chris Polk can go undrafted, Tyrann Mathieu can go in the 6th round.

False.

Chris Polk has many flaws. Too Small. No top-end speed. Poor vision.

Tyrann Mathieu is a 3rd rounder at worst right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: