Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Titans @ Texans GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Week 4: Titans @ Texans GDT Reply with quote

Here it is, ladies and gents. Feel free to tear me apart.

Week 4
Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans
Reliant Stadium
CBS, 12:00 pm CT

The Houston Texans improved their record to 3-0 after defeating the Denver Broncos 31-25 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High last week. The opening three-game win streak is the best start in franchise history. The Texans will try to increase their franchise-best start to the season Sunday when the AFC South rival Tennessee Titans visit Reliant Stadium.
Tennessee is coming off a wild win Sunday in which the Detroit Lions scored two touchdowns in the final 18 seconds to force overtime. The Titans won by three after the Lions failed to convert a fourth down in the redzone.
Houston currently sits at first place in the AFC South, with the other three teams tied for second at 1-2. This is the second divisional game of the young season for the Texans, who defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars 27-7 in Week 2.
This week is also the second home game for Houston, who beat the Miami Dolphins at Reliant Stadium 30-10 to open the season.

Here are some keys to this Week 3 contest:

When Houston has the Ball
The Titans are currently 31st in the NFL in total defense, giving up over 460 yards per game. The Tennessee defense allowed backup quarterback Shaun Hill to go 10-for-13 for 172 yards and two touchdowns late in the game.
Schaub proved against Denver that he can make plays in the passing game when given the opportunity. The only question is whether the Houston offense will choose to air it out against the 30th-ranked pass defense, or pound the 29th-ranked run defense with Arian Foster and Ben Tate, as they did in the first two games.
Houston should put up big numbers this week against a defense that has been unable to stop much of anything thus far in this young season.

When Tennessee has the Ball
Running back Chris Johnson had his highest rushing total of the year in their Week 3 win: 24 yards. The former Pro Bowl back is averaging 1.4 yards per carry on the season. Johnson currently has fewer rushing yards than Ryan Fitzpatrick, Travis Benjamin, and Andrew Luck among many others. Johnson, who once shredded the Texans for 197 yards on the ground, will have his work cut out for him Sunday against a Houston defense that has given up just 67.7 rushing yards a game this season.
Quarterback Jake Locker had his best game of the year against the Lions, throwing for 378 yards and two touchdowns and no interceptions. He also added 35 yards on the ground. Look for the Texans to put pressure on the young quarterback with J.J. Watt and company. Watt has made quite the statement this season, beginning the year with 5.5 sacks in just three games.

Position Battle:
QB Advantage: Houston
RB Advantage: Houston
WR Advantage: Push
TE Advantage: Houston
OL Advantage: Push
DL Advantage: Houston
LB Advantage: Houston
DB Advantage: Houston

^LORK 88^

Last edited by TexansFan80 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRST LOL

Will be back in a few once I settle on the most suitable method of trolling for the week.

Titans 67, Texans 4.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
FIRST LOL

Will be back in a few once I settle on the most suitable method of trolling for the week.

Titans 67, Texans 4.

That's penalty yardage, I assume.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another game the Texans NEED to win if we are going to be legit contenders

Titans have a horrible defense so far this season and we should be able to put up 30 points plus on them

ill say texans win this one 34-14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
FIRST LOL

Titans 67, Texans 4.

That's penalty yardage, I assume.

Offensive plays run, actually. Wasn't it obvious?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect nothing short of a blowout. This team isn't even close to us and we just came off an emotional win where we almost blew it. I say we come out with a vengeance and win 41-10.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Mr. Gary Kubiak got his 50th win of his HC career, which puts him over .500 since his HC career began. In true form, the man is destined to be .500, so the Titans win this one, 28-6.

Notes from the game:

- There will be about 16 bad calls from the ref on each opening drive.

- Jake Locker will complete a pass. Or two. Because of the bad calls from the refs.

- Chris Johnson will rush for 183 yards and 3 TDs, mostly because the refs have him on their fantasy team.

- JJ Watt will have no tackles, sacks or INTs, and the refs will be to blame.

- Somewhere, Eric Winston and Kyle Vanden Bosch will get into a fight. This is NOT because of the refs. It is because they don't like each other. And because of the refs.

- Someone will order a bunch of shots on my tab while watching the game, and the refs will do nothing about it. Not even a pity flag. Or a free beer.

- Bud Adams will flip off a ref. I shall applaud Adams as if it was 1991 all over again.

- Kenny Britt will get arrested by a ref.

- Trindon Holliday will be mistaken for a ref. By a ref.

- Ed Hochuli has ballooned to 262 lbs, and right now has a BF of 41%. He is still in better shape than LenDale White.

- Matt Schaub will not hear the boos, because he lost his ear on Sunday. And because of the refs.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
So, Mr. Gary Kubiak got his 50th win of his HC career, which puts him over .500 since his HC career began. In true form, the man is destined to be .500, so the Titans win this one, 28-6.

Notes from the game:

- Jake Locker will complete a pass. Or two. Because of the bad calls from the refs.

- Chris Johnson will rush for 183 yards and 3 TDs, mostly because the refs have him on their fantasy team.

- Somewhere, Eric Winston and Kyle Vanden Bosch will get into a fight. This is NOT because of the refs. It is because they don't like each other. And because of the refs.

- Someone will order a bunch of shots on my tab while watching the game, and the refs will do nothing about it. Not even a pity flag. Or a free beer.

- Bud Adams will flip off a ref. I shall applaud Adams as if it was 1991 all over again.

- Ed Hochuli has ballooned to 262 lbs, and right now has a BF of 41%. He is still in better shape than LenDale White.

- Matt Schaub will not hear the boos, because he lost his ear on Sunday. And because of the refs.

Left out a few:

- Cortland Finnegan will be flagged for 3 pass interference penalties in St. Louis that he should have been called for last year in Houston.

- Bruce Matthews sons Jake and Mike will get flagged for something they do in the Aggies vs. Arkansas game Saturday while Kevin continues to prove why daddy coaching son at the NFL level is a bad idea.

- Mike Munchak will be banned from his own locker room by refs who thought he took the Penn State coaching job

- Kendall Wright will burn Brice McCain and Kareem Jackson for long TDs then get flagged for eating Earl Campbell's sausage on the sideline to maintain his body fat.

- Glover Quin will make 3 spectacular one handed pick's of Rusty Smith warmup tosses then get flagged after dropping a 20 mph duck that hits him right in the numbers.

- Zach Diles will get flagged for impersonating a LB in Reliant while Cushing, Barwin, and Reed show him what one really looks like.

- Pacman Jones will get arrested for a shooting at Rick's Cabaret in Houston because refs don't support his alibi that he is a starting cornerback in Cincinnati.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Notes from the game:

Best post ever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to dominate the Titans Sunday. Our offense will rack up alot of points especially if McCarthy isnt playing Sunday.

This could be the game Chris Johnson goes off if our run defense isn't good. I expect him to have 20 carries for 30 yards (You will catch that joke soon)

Texans: 30
Titans: 14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OL = Push

EL OH EL.

Texans times infinity. If the Texans were only an average run blocking team it still wouldn't even be close. The fact that they're elite just makes it a laughable comparison. Laughing

As always I'm hoping for a Titans win and no injuries. Oh, and for ET to be so devastated that he gets blackout drunk. Laughing Wink

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
OL = Push

EL OH EL.

Texans times infinity. If the Texans were only an average run blocking team it still wouldn't even be close. The fact that they're elite just makes it a laughable comparison. Laughing

As always I'm hoping for a Titans win and no injuries. Oh, and for ET to be so devastated that he gets blackout drunk. Laughing Wink

I'm not trying to pile on the Titans, but ^THIS^. Caldwell would be a massive upgrade along their interior offensive line, and while Tennessee's tackles are solid, they'd probably be best off starting Newton at guard, too.

Tennessee's interior o-line is turrible. Much worse than the right side of our line, which actually seems to be fine when Ben Jones and Ryan Harris are playing.

Kenney>Everyone else on here
jargin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jake Locker is good enough at this point to beat the Texans, who are playing at home, in front of a monster loud crowd with the Milkman and the Ninja Assasin from the Shaolin Temple are coming for his life.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
I don't think Jake Locker is good enough at this point to beat the Texans, who are playing at home, in front of a monster loud crowd with the Milkman and the Ninja Assasin from the Shaolin Temple are coming for his life.

It will just depend on if the O-line gives him time or not. He was running for his life on just about every snap in the Pats game. Worst performance pass blocking wise for us in years, IMO.

I have no doubts that if he gets time he's going to eat the secondary up, though.

Joseph is good, but he's no match for a healthy Britt, no one is.

I'm more worried about Jared Cook. He presents massive mismatches all over the field. If he's out I will be teh sad.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans - 16
Texans - 24

Texans win, but no blowout. Kubiak lacks that killer instinct, always has, and plays very conservative in the 2nd half with a lead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: