Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Mays fined, suspended for 1 game
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5081
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of you. We've got some kids on the bench that I would love to see play and you guys have mentioned all three.

We're not going to the SB this year, so we might as well let these kids learn. We'll be far better off next season and have a very young but promising and improving defense.

Thank keith for his efforts, send him home and make room on the roster for Virgil Green.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dbronx42


Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 3956
Location: Mile High 303
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the day Keith Brooking was signed that if he actually made the roster and played meaningful snaps our defense would be screwed. The guy was absolutely TERRIBLE with the Cowboys over the past 2 years. Like i mean Nate Jones bad. I immediately knew we were in trouble when he was on the field early and often vs the Texans. The guy is slower than slow.

Danny Trevathan deserves playing time over that bum any day. One of the main criticisms Panthers fans had about Fox was that he would play over the hill veterans over younger more talented players. It looks like he is starting up that very annoying habit again. Brooking shouldn't have even made the roster, let alone getting meaningful playing time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
elwayfan07


Joined: 13 Nov 2005
Posts: 4991
Location: Pensacola FL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
I said the day Keith Brooking was signed that if he actually made the roster and played meaningful snaps our defense would be screwed. The guy was absolutely TERRIBLE with the Cowboys over the past 2 years. Like i mean Nate Jones bad. I immediately knew we were in trouble when he was on the field early and often vs the Texans. The guy is slower than slow.

Danny Trevathan deserves playing time over that bum any day. One of the main criticisms Panthers fans had about Fox was that he would play over the hill veterans over younger more talented players. It looks like he is starting up that very annoying habit again. Brooking shouldn't have even made the roster, let alone getting meaningful playing time.


1. Joe Mays isn't exactly lighting it up out there.

2. Brooking may not be very athletic anymore. However, his average athletic skills are offset by his ability to ensure everyone is lined up properly. That is a key job of the MLB ( which he will probably play fot Mays' suspension). That is an underrated and overlooked part of the job.

3. While he is past his prime he is not nearly as bad as people in this forum make him out to be. As usual this forum is prone to hyperbole.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AntiSuperstar


Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Posts: 4444
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who exactly should we put out there over Brooking? Brooking is out there as a run stopping Linebacker. Is Danny Trevathan or Woodyard better in that role? Nope, they're both finesse subpackage players. I doubt Trevathan is even ready to play major minutes anyway. Steven Johnson? Haha good one. Using Nate Irving against the Texans would have been a disaster I can promise you. The guy makes a lot of poor decisions and tends to pursue the wrong way, the Texans would have eaten him up so badly. It's too bad Mario Haggan went to the Rams, I would rather have him out there than Brooking.

When DJ gets back Brooking will probably fall out of the rotation. But until then, he's going to play.

dbronx42 wrote:
One of the main criticisms Panthers fans had about Fox was that he would play over the hill veterans over younger more talented players.


And look how great their team has been since then. Most of the players those Panthers fans were calling to get playing time ended up being busts. The real issue with those Panthers teams is that they didn't have much talent, not that the talent was rotting on the bench because of Fox's preferences.
_________________
Stop slobbering over Brian Dawkins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20968
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is easy for fans to say "put the young guy in", but it just doesn't work that way. When a player can't even lineup without Veterans telling him where to go, the Coaches aren't going to put the young guy in. I have no way of knowing this is the case, but Brooking will know how to lineup and which gaps to fill in the run game.

I am with all of you - it seemed Brooking dissected plays pretty well on Sunday but then due to his age/limited physical ability, he didn't make the play. I thought our Coaches showed last year that they are willing to put young guys in ahead of Veterans that aren't cutting it (Von Miller, Rahim Moore, Chris Harris and Orlando Franklin all saw a lot of playing time), but clearly our backups aren't earning it this year.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 8482
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
Nevermind who fills in, please explain how this is worse than what ryan mundy did to heyward bay, or what golden tate did last week against dallas. I guess a defenseless player being blindsided, or a WR that has no way to protect himself, leading to him being sent to the hospital is not nearly as bad as what mays did to a qb holding the ball knowing mays was coming. JOKE OF A SUSPENSION

Raiders fan here. Agree for the most part. I think the suspension came because they just fined him for the same thing the week before. Had it happened weeks later I don't think the suspension would have come into play.

Mundy still might get severe punishment since he actually had two helmet to helmet hits last week. The big one on DHB and the other one on Meyers our TE that knocked him out of the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Nevermind who fills in, please explain how this is worse than what ryan mundy did to heyward bay, or what golden tate did last week against dallas. I guess a defenseless player being blindsided, or a WR that has no way to protect himself, leading to him being sent to the hospital is not nearly as bad as what mays did to a qb holding the ball knowing mays was coming. JOKE OF A SUSPENSION

Raiders fan here. Agree for the most part. I think the suspension came because they just fined him for the same thing the week before. Had it happened weeks later I don't think the suspension would have come into play.

Mundy still might get severe punishment since he actually had two helmet to helmet hits last week. The big one on DHB and the other one on Meyers our TE that knocked him out of the game.


if mundy gets suspended then i wont argue mays' suspension, mundy should get 5, he has a well known history of dirty cheap shots. mays really doesnt, he's had a couple flags but his hits are clean.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
champ+jay+al=SB


Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 15459
Location: Boulder
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I was wrong. I miss the days where you could lead with the helmet. I guess I enjoy big hits.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Mundy gets a 21,000 fine, no suspension. SMH Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7117
Location: USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I guess I was wrong. I miss the days where you could lead with the helmet. I guess I enjoy big hits.


Here is the number one hit on Sept. 13, 1978.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvIydHPhb98
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8167
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really hoping Nate Irving passes his concussion tests today or tomorrow. Im interested to see if he can be the player that the front office drafted him to be. Plus, anything to avoid Keith Brooking more playing time will be fine with me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8456
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't surprise me if Mikey Mohammed or Steven Johnson end up getting game time Sunday. Brooking just isn't cut out to play MLB imo. Then again one of Fox's biggest weaknesses is that the most experienced player nearly always plays.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20968
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if Mikey Mohammed or Steven Johnson end up getting game time Sunday. Brooking just isn't cut out to play MLB imo. Then again one of Fox's biggest weaknesses is that the most experienced player nearly always plays.


Mike Mohamed has only just signed to the PS; he isn't eligible to play Sunday.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group