Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chaney > Jordan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Chaney > Jordan Reply with quote

Look, I know this may not need a new thread or should be in another one, but I had to get this off my chest.

Jordan didnt look very spectacular the last two games. Chaney is faster, better athlete and somewhat of a playmaker, which Jordan is def. not. Jordan is more like a role player that just tries to be in the right position all the time and makes not big plays.

Therefore, should Chaney start over Jordan and add more speed to an already deadly D???

I realize if it is broke dont fix it, but I want the D to be as nasty as possible!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plus I always said Chaney is more of a natural WLB and bigger than Jordan
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chaney beats Jordan for the spot... Jordan is solid and stay in his gap, Not something Chaney always do.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now neither seems to be beating out Boykin for more playing time.

But you got Chaney, who is a good athlete, but very inconsistent. And you got Jordan who is the opposite. For a limited Role I'd rather have the guy in that I have more confidence in.

Chaney has a way higher ceiling and will get his chance at the WILL when we need one, but right now it's really Boykin's job....and he's played tremendously. You look at the offenses we face we need to have him in there against the Giants, Steelers, Falcons, Cowboys, etc.more than we do a WILL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a reason why Chaney isn't starting over Jordan. He hasn't done didly-squat to earn it this year.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still pisses me off how many awesome linebackers we have overlooked in the mid rounds of the draft for garbage prospect who were latter cut, yeah Andy we need a undersized underarmed high motor utility lineman from the university of Utah St communications and technologies... Mad .. I have been watching ball across the league and i am like "Who Shocked da Shocked hell is dat playboy!! dammm" some big ol linebacker bringbing da wood playa, then i am like oh Laughing i remember when the entire forum was begging Andy to draft that guy in the 3rd round.. Rolling Eyes

I hate the concept of a revolving door at linebacker, just plug one dude in there and let him get his bearings... Jordan is not the answer tho. Chaney or Rolle, and Rolles head is in the toilet and Chaney has better tools for the position..Go with Chaney, pray he pans out, but most likely pray Andy gets his head out of his stash and goes and gets some more linebackers in the draft(what happens if any one gets hurt lol, oh god)

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
yeah Andy we need a undersized underarmed high motor utility lineman from the university of Utah St communications and technologies... Mad

You know all of his tendencies. Laughing

1. Utah/Mormon connection
2. Short arms/compact build
3. don't forget the severe leg injury
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Right now neither seems to be beating out Boykin for more playing time.

But you got Chaney, who is a good athlete, but very inconsistent. And you got Jordan who is the opposite. For a limited Role I'd rather have the guy in that I have more confidence in.

Chaney has a way higher ceiling and will get his chance at the WILL when we need one, but right now it's really Boykin's job....and he's played tremendously. You look at the offenses we face we need to have him in there against the Giants, Steelers, Falcons, Cowboys, etc.more than we do a WILL.

This, the WILL spot in our defense is a part time position this season, playing about 45% of the time. Either way Boykin will be on the field more than whoever is playing that position. There are 2 full-time linebackers on the team, DeMeco Ryans, and Mychal Kendricks. Plus Chaney was really quiet in the preseason and training camp, so one has to ask if he is 100% over his neck injury, both physically and mentally.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
yeah Andy we need a undersized underarmed high motor utility lineman from the university of Utah St communications and technologies... Mad

You know all of his tendencies. Laughing

1. Utah/Mormon connection
2. Short arms/compact build
3. don't forget the severe leg injury

"yeah all his ligaments are torn and his shine bone is sticking out the side of his hip but he was a 3rd team alternate All American his sophmore year" "that was 2 years ago" "its all relative"... " Confused "

PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all should consider moving on to the idea that the Eagles actually have linebacker depth. All of the guys on the bench have experience with the potential of still improving. This may prove to be as good of a linebacker unit as the Reid regime has ever had.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WILL doesn't play enough in Juan's defense for this to actually matter.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I think we all should consider moving on to the idea that the Eagles actually have linebacker depth. All of the guys on the bench have experience with the potential of still improving. This may prove to be as good of a linebacker unit as the Reid regime has ever had.

Really? Outside of Kendricks i see little promise in the youth, see a bunch of guys who just dont get it get it if ya know what i mean...

How i look at it, 2 studs and a cast of misfits...

I mean even Chaney , its not like he just blows people up on the field or makes a bunch of tackles near the LOS or behind it..(he looks great running in space)...if you make 15 tackles 5 yards down field, its meaningless, unless your playing 1 of the top 5 passers in the game and there throwing it around like its no ones business or just playing the Rams and there letting Danny run around...

if Ryan or Kendricks gets hurt... it looks sooo bad...

PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promise is a strong word and potential is another strong one. I modified potential with improve in order to limit anyone's thoughts on the magnitude of what I wrote. Chaney, Rolle, and Matthews have the potential to improve. Nothing is preventing them from becoming either solid starters or solid backups. I believe that Chaney is already a solid starter.
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaney could start this weekend with Jordan's injury!!!!

Dancing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: