Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL, NFLRA reach agreement, To get real refs this weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the professional refs are back, should we expect QBs to pickup there ridiculous pace from last year? I expect the Packers, Saints and Pats to turn things around very quickly.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vidrDXC3ug

How about this missed call, that potentially cost the Vikes the game against the LIons lat year. Joe Webb's facemask was clearly grabbed and with a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line with 9 seconds left, MN very well could have gotten the go ahead TD.

No doubt. The regular refs suck just as much. But because the packers experienced it, it's an outrage!!

It doesn't matter what team it was. A win was ripped from another team on National TV during MNF.

That last part is what is important, the whole nation was watching.

It has happened before with the regular refs. Including in previous Superbowls, on a much bigger stage with a much bigger audience. The only two differences?

1. Media has been overtly criticizing these replacement officials in every single game all season long.

2. It finally happened to the Packers.

Everyone hates the replacement refs and were ripping the league for not getting a deal done with the regulars. People had been bitching since week 1.

The fact that it happened on MNF was the final straw.

It could have been Lions vs. Browns. Doesn't matter, everyone freaked out about it and the NFL had it's worst nightmare come to pass on it's biggest stage.

Stop making this about the Packers.

How can it not be about the Packers? It's their team and their fanbase claiming that this was the final straw because they lost the game. What about the other calls and other games? Including games with regular refs?

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Now that the professional refs are back, should we expect QBs to pickup there ridiculous pace from last year? I expect the Packers, Saints and Pats to turn things around very quickly.

Well they do benefit the most from the regular refs.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
MathMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i hate that the stupid replacement refs have no idea which teams they should be biased toward

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

How about this missed call, that potentially cost the Vikes the game against the LIons lat year. Joe Webb's facemask was clearly grabbed and with a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line with 9 seconds left, MN very well could have gotten the go ahead TD.

No doubt. The regular refs suck just as much. But because the packers experienced it, it's an outrage!!

It doesn't matter what team it was. A win was ripped from another team on National TV during MNF.

It has happened before with the regular refs. Including in previous Superbowls, on a much bigger stage with a much bigger audience. The only two differences?

1. Media has been overtly criticizing these replacement officials in every single game all season long.

Everyone hates the replacement refs and were ripping the league for not getting a deal done with the regulars. People had been bitching since week 1.

It could have been Lions vs. Browns. Doesn't matter, everyone freaked out about it and the NFL had it's worst nightmare come to pass on it's biggest stage.

How can it not be about the Packers? It's their team and their fanbase claiming that this was the final straw because they lost the game. What about the other calls and other games? Including games with regular refs?

Again, no matter what teams had been playing, the losing team would be saying the same thing.

I think it was clearly magnified by it being the MNF game rather than a Sunday 1 oclock game.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Keleth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Again, no matter what teams had been playing, the losing team would be saying the same thing.

I think it was clearly magnified by it being the MNF game rather than a Sunday 1 oclock game.

It was magnified by being a MNF game.
However it was more magnified because it was the Packers.If it was the Browns or Dolphins etc it would have been talked about but nowhere near as much as it was.
I also don't think it would have been as discussed if it had been the Packers who got the TD from a hail mary like that.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

It was magnified by being a MNF game.
However it was more magnified because it was the Packers.If it was the Browns or Dolphins etc it would have been talked about but nowhere near as much as it was.
I also don't think it would have been as discussed if it had been the Packers who got the TD from a hail mary like that.

I'm just gonna have to disagree with this. Maybe it's just me but I think no matter what, it would have been a huge deal and talked about like crazy.

The fact that everyone was already completely fed up with the replacements and it being MNF was what made it huge IMO.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
eagles101,

^This was ruled as an incompletion by the regular refs in week 17 of 2011 between the Packers and Lions. The Lions couldn't challenge it because they had already used their challenges I believe but it's on par with if not worse than any of the calls we've seen from the replacement refs. I can pull alot of other examples of terrible calls by the regular refs too.

Pass heavy teams get a large quantity of BS interference calls where the DB has no real way of playing the ball.

People have forgotten how much we complained about the regular refs for inconsistencies, ticky tack calls, and overly protecting the leagues marquee players.

that picture shows noting...literally nothing...the next pick could be him fumbling the ball. if you showed me a video i would care about that call. but that video doesnt show me jack.

but i cant believe people can say that these replacement refs were not significantly worse then the regular refs. i can only assume its because they didnt watch the packers/seahawks, ravens/eagles, ravens/patriots....because those games were awful. i did see a few games reffed well giants/panthers for example. but basically what im hearing is well this chuck steak is as good as the ribeye because its not filet mignon.

i get that the regular refs arnt perfect and people are going o complain about them to...but funny story...people are stupid. i did not constantly complain about the few bad call in a game....but the replacement refs made at least double the mistakes the old refs and couldnt spot the ball correctly.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
eagles101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

they benefit most from the rules...not the refs.

Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Exactly. When the 5 yard contact rules extend all the way down the field it kills those offenses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerfaninmn wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Exactly. When the 5 yard contact rules extend all the way down the field it kills those offenses.

yes when the rules are no longer implemented, things are different.

i dont get the complaint that they call the rules correctly, thus making it easier on the offense.

ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Everybody has a team they believe this of...and it's usually a division/conference rival that beats them regularly. Lions think the Packers get all the calls. Jags and Titans thought Colts had all the calls. Jets/Ravens think the Patriots do.

Plus, just a nitpick, Pats are averaging 400 yards and 28 points a game. Not exactly slow. The O-line has held them back more than the refs.

It's not the refs that have slowed offenses down this year, it's just that last year they got a massive headstart because of the lock-out. Not to mention Brees is missing Payton. Newton is a sophomore. Eli and Romo have always blown hot and cold. Stafford is suffering from teams going all out to shut down Calvin and Jennings is hurt in Green Bay.

I don't expect an offensive spike now the real refs are back...this is natural Newtonian reaction to last season.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 58 Yards: 812 TDs: 9
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise really, given all the controversy caused by the replacement refs so far this season a deal had to get done.
wudake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand why there was so much hate for the replacement refs. I can see hating that there needed to be replacements but to hate them for blowing calls? Hell, the experienced referees weren't perfect and these guys jumped into the pros with no background.

To me, the replacement refs should have been seen as heroes. It wasn't their fault that the owners/commissioner and their union couldn't reach an agreement by the start of the season. Really, would you rather them cancel the games week-to-week until the deal could have been done? Or maybe just let them go out on the field backyard style?

Sorry. There's no reason to think that the replacements didn't do the absolute very best they could have under the circumstances. Either way, it's over now so everyone should be happy that there will be no more bad calls for the rest of the season.
Keleth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wudake wrote:
Really, would you rather them cancel the games week-to-week until the deal could have been done? Or maybe just let them go out on the field backyard style?

I presume if there were no replacement refs there would be no season but the players would still have been paid ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: