Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plays Breakdown NO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EB29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Plays Breakdown NO Reply with quote

Just putting a few things together to take a look at from the NO game. I am no expert just trying to stimulate some discussion. Ill post my thoughts as we go please add on! Ideally i'd like to use coaches film for this but its not out yet (not sure when it becomes available)

Sproles Long Run:

3rd and 2 4 WR set. Here we are lined up in Dime. Poe and Pitoitua, DJ is the only ILB and both Daniels and Arenas are on the field. Brees uses a pretty quick snap count that we are not ready for in the secondary. Arenas is still trying to get Routts attention as the ball is snapped.

Here is Poe in a nutshell. Amazing athletic ability but poor tech. Gets off the ball and makes contact with the C before Pitoitua is even out of his stance. Only problem is he is totally bent over at the waist and has ZERO leverage. Takes himself completely out of the play. Also allows the guard to get to the second level and stonewall EB.

You can see here he is totally sideways. Poe is kind of a lynch pin to this play. If he pushes the pocket back and/or eats up a double team this run does not happen. You can see here Hali gets hit by the TE/WR (not sure who 18 on NO is) taking him out. The guard is about to take EB out of the play and the there is still a pulling T and the other WR to block and the only guys with a chance of stopping the play here are Arenas and Routt.

EB blocked. 2 Chiefs standing right next to each other about to be blocked by the WR and pulling T.

Good play by Bushrod to get out there that fast, our guys get totally sealed off. Not much chance for Routt to beat a T in open field like that.

Daniels shows up here finally. He is in a bad spot tho. Took a poor angle here and you can see he is running the same direction as Sproles but like 5 yards in front of him. Which leads to...

A beyond easy cut back which allows Sproles to run for another 20 yards before being brought down by Arenas.

All in all a good play by NO very well blocked in the second level which is pretty much on Poe IMO. He was completely taken out of the play by their C. No push no disruption. Gotta expect these things from him at this point in his career.

JC's 91 yard TD run!

This is an example of everybody (except one guy; a cookie to anyone who can guess who it is by this first photo doing their job). Literally everyone (except one...) guy wins their 1v1 match up and then JC's speed takes over.

Bowe Baldwin wide, Moeaki inline next to Albert and Eachus in at FB.

Albert, Allen, and Asamoah all engaged, Lilja, Winston, and Moeaki on the way to the line backers. Eachus about to hit the hole hard!

Bowe sealing the WR. Dude is a really good block (who knew Very Happy) Moeaki, Lilja and Winston all winning. BA is a total BOSS in the run game for anyone who didn't realize this, pushes the NO DE Martez Wilson I believe for a good 15 yards. Just a boss! And ofc our FB Eachus. Whats his roll you ask? You can see one guy here unblocked. 54, thats his guy. But he hit the wrong gap. He is no where near anyone on NO or JC and to make matter worse he BRUSHES the helmet of the guy Asamoah took to the ground and falls on his face....Great play there Nate!

BA still blocking Wilson lol Allen driving the DT 5 yards off the line, JC beating the guy Eachus was supposed to block and turning on the jets.

On his way to the house, can't catch this guy, recovering from and ACL tear or not!

Check your shoes bro! Probably burnt a hole in them!

Concluion: This is how a run play is designed to work, except for that one small exception... Rolling Eyes

JC and BA both ball out on this play. Allen too for that matter.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say, despite that play, Eachus actually had a very good game blocking for Charles. He was totally lost there though.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB,
Thanks for posting! And thanks for confirming what I mentioned in another thread about Daniels' pretty poor showing on the Sproles' run. Mikey didn't believe me.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I would like to say, despite that play, Eachus actually had a very good game blocking for Charles. He was totally lost there though.

AP put up the stats Charles had with Eachus in the game, pretty impressive!

Source: ArrowheadPride

Quote:
Jamaal Charles best friend in this game (besides the offensive line, of course) was fullback Nate Eachus. Charles had 10 carries in this game without Eachus on the field, those 10 runs went for just 32 yards. With Eachus, Charles carried the ball 23 times for 201 yards. So 3.2 yards per carry without a fullback and 8.7 yards per carry with one, it isn't a stretch to say that Charles and Eachus were doing great work together.

And to EB29 - nice work man! The coaches view came out Tuesday last week but in week 1 I think it was wednesday. I'd expect it today. I'm in training at work and away from my desk all day so I've missed a lot of discussion - had a long break to check in today though.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting stat about YPC with Eachus vs without. Although it will be a little skewed because he was on the field for JCs 91 yard scamper but did nothing. Maybe he is/will become a competent full back I just have my doubts.

Jon Gruden wrote:
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it is skewed a bit. I think what I take away from it is that this running gaMe executes better overall with a fb more than with Eachus specifically. Also if you look at the 40 yard run by Charles, Eachus made the key block on that one.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean "Who knew" Bowe could block? Larry Johnson for starters. Charles for another. If you were around back then, it was a topic of conversation after the draft. Bowe has quietly been one of the best blocking WR in the NFL his whole career.

J

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
What do you mean "Who knew" Bowe could block? Larry Johnson for starters. Charles for another. If you were around back then, it was a topic of conversation after the draft. Bowe has quietly been one of the best blocking WR in the NFL his whole career.

J

J, I actually agree with you! LOL
Coming out of LSU, Bowe was one of the better blocking wide receivers to come into the NFL at the time. I remember watching alot of plays at LSU where Bowe was showing his top-tier ability to block.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember wanting Bowe over Meachem specifically because of his blocking ability.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
EB29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that was sarcasm I figured we all knew he was a BA blocker Very Happy

Jon Gruden wrote:
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved watching Bowe blocking Arkansas video on YouTube. Blocking 2 people in that play.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to see some Jif's of Eachus making some good blocks before I admit that we're better off with him in there on run plays. Even if we are, how are we on pass plays (we obviously can't run everytime he's in) he's not exactly a weapon they have to account for and hasn't shown to be a reliable pass blocker.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check Charles' 40 yarder - he threw a great block there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: