Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do the people at SI even watch football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Do the people at SI even watch football Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/09/26/nfl-power-rankings-week-3/index.html?sct=nfl_t12_a0

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens (2-1)
Torrey Smith's memorable night against the Patriots neatly obscured the defensive issues that Baltimore struggled with in its win against New England. I really didn't see new, slimmed-down Ray Lewis do much of anything after his contrived pregame, made-for-TV dance/convulsion was over, and Ravens cornerback Cary Williams was picked on mercilessly all night by Tom Brady. It does appear that a prediction some of us made in the preseason is coming true: The Ravens offense will have to carry the Ravens defense more than we've seen in recent years.

So was this his first time ever seeing this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to imply that Ray's had bad games all year or that the guy is an idiot for thinking Ray wasn't doing anything?

Personally, I noticed Ray getting blown around all over the place against NE. He made SOME plays at times, but he did get pushed around a lot as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Are you trying to imply that Ray's had bad games all year or that the guy is an idiot for thinking Ray wasn't doing anything?

Personally, I noticed Ray getting blown around all over the place against NE. He made SOME plays at times, but he did get pushed around a lot as well.

neither, I was referring to Ray dancing. that has happened at every home game for the last decade. banks acts like this is the first time it's happened.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

neither, I was referring to Ray dancing. that has happened at every home game for the last decade. banks acts like this is the first time it's happened.

Oh haha, yeah I was a little confused. I guess he still needs to make a point to say that Ray Lewis dances before every game? Idk. Seems like an "O RLY"? or "Here's your sign" thing to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Oh haha, yeah I was a little confused. I guess he still needs to make a point to say that Ray Lewis dances before every game? Idk. Seems like an "O RLY"? or "Here's your sign" thing to me.

Yea, I can understand if he doesn't like it. I disagree, don't see any reason for anyone to take issue with it, it's a part of the culture of Baltimore home games. What got me is that when he writes these little blurbs about a team in his power rankings (this was three sentences in total), I would think that there's no need to hit on something that's old news and a part of the Bmore experience unless he 1) REALLY REALLY is bothered by it and felt the need to point it out OR 2) is completely oblivious to the fact that Ray Lewis does this before pretty much every home game. In fairness there has been an imbalance of home-road primetime games for the Ravens over the past few years, so I can understand if he missed it. That being said, one would think that an NFL writer wiould catch other games from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can see if he mentioned the pregame speech of Ray's, but not the dance... the dance is beyond old hat. That dance is like how KGs throwing the white chalk on his hands (later also done by LeBron) was/is a pregame ritual. And you're right a reporter should know about things like this... and it's not like Ray isn't some popular player that maybe you could sort of not be too familiar with. I'm pretty sure you can poll fans and a good 80% of NFL fans would know about this... perhaps more.

Lewis has been doing that dance since HS and college. How much FAIL is that by a reporter to not have seen this before...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: