Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What happened to all the galleries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: What happened to all the galleries? Reply with quote

How come nobody seems to have a gallery anymore? It seems like people are just posting their newest creation. Not that it's really any of my business anymore, but wouldn't it make more sense for all of the active artists to have an active gallery and then when you make a new sig that you want to show to everyone for opinions, just post it in your gallery and change the title of your gallery to add a description of the new sig.

By doing this, people who come in here looking for someone to make a sig for them can see a bunch of your work and it will be easier for them to find an artist whose style they like. Just a thought.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
AllDay Peterson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same vein, what happened to the contests? I finally came back to FF after not going on in a year and a half, looking to get back into sig making, but there's no contest.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllDay Peterson wrote:
In the same vein, what happened to the contests? I finally came back to FF after not going on in a year and a half, looking to get back into sig making, but there's no contest.
uhhh, i'll take you on.

Jamison.'s Gallery
AllDay Peterson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
AllDay Peterson wrote:
uhhh, i'll take you on.

Oh god no. I just liked them because I could make a sig without having to worry about disappointing anyone and I'm really bad at choosing a topic on my own.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to all the galleries? Reply with quote

I agree Uncle Buck, when I was really active and even now I usually link people to my gallery if they asked me to make a sig, It helps people get some inspiration for something they'd like and helps give me a direction.

I like having free reign, but knowing kinda what they like helps steer it the right direction usually. I think the lack of galleries is more because there aren't a ton of active artists anymore. I am planning on helping out here and bumping up my gallery from whatever page it's on after I finish some websites I'm putting together...so that's one I guess. Very Happy

I didn't want to bump it yet until I'm ready to commit to it again, that's why I recently did a cnc thread.

There are some downfalls to a request gallery though, namely getting request you have no interest in as we'll as getting backed up on the to-do list. But it's not too bad usually. It does more good than bad in the end and helps keep the board clean.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just don't have activity right now, sadly. I feel bad, because I've been one of the inactive ones.. I'm a freshman in college, football and class is consuming my life lol.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Delphi83

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally just have 0 motivation to make anything... After work family and my personal life I don't have time for it...
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about it, but i'm content with the one I have in the Vikings forum. I miss some of the galleries around here though. I used them to get better. I still appreciate the little pieces dropped here and there however.

Good Luck Chris Cook.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Signature and Avatar Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: