Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL, NFLRA reach agreement, To get real refs this weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
High Octane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the replacement refs going to referee tonight? Or is there an actual ref crew that made it this soon?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Octane wrote:
Are the replacement refs going to referee tonight? Or is there an actual ref crew that made it this soon?

It's Gene Seratore's group, so yeah, the real refs will be on the field.
Darn. I want a superb owl. I only have this POS barn owl. Hedwig would be a major upgrade.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely know I will be in the very small minority here, but I am not looking forward to the real refs returning.

As a Raider fan, I am happy with the fact that my team finally seems to be playing on a level playing field with every other team.

I know it sounds crazy and will be widely panned as an opinion, but I truly feel as if the regular refs have an existing bias against the Raiders. I am not one of the believers out there in some conspiracy relating to the NFL through the refs. I think it is just the refs themselves, drunk with their own stardom and intent on doing no favors to Oakland. Not biased perhaps so much, but not favoring anyone or anything about my own team in the way they might tilt things for another star player or more popular team.
Anyway, I do not believe the overall ref mistakes will be any more or less than they were with the replacements. The regular ones make errors all the time, it's just less of a media explosion.
It did not affect my NFL experience one bit. In fact, for a short 3 weeks right there I felt as if the rest of the fans out there suffering from the frenzy and erratic or odd calls felt what it was like to be a Raider fan for 3 weeks. The game I have been watching and the calls are the same game I have been watching my team play for decades. It's the fans of the other teams that are aghast.
Plus, I like the fact that these refs simply called less ticky tacky things all game long. I know they are half retards in general, but it still did not affect my enjoyment of the game one bit.

I know, plenty of you will say I'm crazy or a moron, and go ahead. I still believe in an existing bias in the ref crews for my team and did thoroughly enjoy these last 3 weeks when for the first time in a really long time my relatively clean playing team with a long standing reputation that does not match, seemed to be afforded officiating no better or worse than any other team.
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Yeah i hate that the stupid replacement refs have no idea which teams they should be biased toward

+1
Million.

I genuinely feel the replacement refs had no preexisting bias and were too busy messing up and learning the NFL rules that they had no chance to form a bias. Made the game better from my seat.
But I know it's all less profitable without Brady, Rodgers, and Ray Lewis shining in all their glory every week...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: