Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Over rated or under rated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locke wrote:
What I was trying to articulate over the internet that I was saying Mayhew is overrated based on this last two years of duty. People see him as a god to the front office which I don't agree with hence why he is on my overrated list. Not to derail the thread but his last two years of his job performance has been a step down.

I see.

It is my opinion (and the opinion of many) that NFL drafts shouldn't be graded until three (or more) years after the fact. We may have only drafted Fairley, Young, Leshoure, Reiff, Broyles and Bentley (to name a few), but, man, we drafted Fairley, Young, Leshoure, Reiff, Broyles and Bentley (to name a few). That's a great looking crop of players who have undeniable upside and could absolutely be franchise players for us down the road.

Which is why I wont downgrade Mayhew for something that appears to be quality work.

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Locke wrote:
What I was trying to articulate over the internet that I was saying Mayhew is overrated based on this last two years of duty. People see him as a god to the front office which I don't agree with hence why he is on my overrated list. Not to derail the thread but his last two years of his job performance has been a step down.

I see.

It is my opinion (and the opinion of many) that NFL drafts shouldn't be graded until three (or more) years after the fact. We may have only drafted Fairley, Young, Leshoure, Reiff, Broyles and Bentley (to name a few), but, man, we drafted Fairley, Young, Leshoure, Reiff, Broyles and Bentley (to name a few). That's a great looking crop of players who have undeniable upside and could absolutely be franchise players for us down the road.

Which is why I wont downgrade Mayhew for something that appears to be quality work.

Not to mention it's to be expected that his contributions over the last year or two clearly weren't going to be as impactful as his 2009/2010 offseasons. He inherited an 0-16 team and one of the least-talented rosters in NFL history, so of course it's not going to be too difficult to acquire some serious upgrades quickly. But when you have a playoff team, you have to worry not only about getting new guys, but also keeping the guys you already have. In years past, we'd just purge players after their contracts expired (or even before then) because they weren't any good. Now we're trying to keep them, and get better through the draft.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Nathanakin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated:
The coaching staff- they are the most passive conservative play callers and game-planners I have seen. They never take risks or try to fool other teams.
Kyle Vanden Bosch- His play and his leadership.

Underrated:
Lawrence Jackson- Might be the best Defensive End on the team.
DeAndre Levy- Has done pretty well this year.
Kevin Smith- Not great at anything, but good at most everything. If KVB can't be demoted, Smith shouldn't be either.
Louis Delmas- Doesn't make flashy plays, but our defense plays much better with him.
lizardking28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my answer for this year would have some difference compared to last year. Mostly with the linebackers. I'm still not fully sold on all of them but they look much improved so far. For this year...

Overrated
Titus young
Every DE on the team

Underrated
Whole Oline
Matt Stafford. Not that he hasn't played a little off compared to much of last year but not nearly as poorly as people are making it out to be. I mean everyone says he's really inaccurate, and while he hasnt been as spot on he's top 5 in completion percentage. His ints look bad but really could just be a bad game. He has also played better than Aaron Rodgers. But I hope he returns to second half of last year form quickly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: