Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 8378
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to harp on an old convo:
I think birdsfan was meant to direct his post to Remixxx and not PE, PE's argument was about Avant not Watkins. ijs

Just my two cents...its very hard to grade out a OG without knowing the playbook and what the calls are. My whole beef with Watkins is I'm still seeing the things I saw last yr.:

standing around in pass pro not touching anybody meanwhile his QB is getting hammered, his awareness or inability to keep his head on a swivel.

There was a play last Sunday where the twisting LBs looped around the DT and got to MV, he should've passed the DT over to the OT who wasn't blocking anyone then went to find the blitzing LB. I think that was more of a inexperienced OG/C being exploited than his ability

When we finally run the stretch play, I don't see him (or anyone for that matter) really doing great job sealing off defenders. The stretch is supposed to be ran like a swinging gate or 5 people doing a synchronized movement. IMO he doesn't move defenders with his blocking but instead he moves them with his ability to move. I think thats why we see McCoy having to cut back on 80% of those plays.

And its not just Watkins fault but he's the scapegoat because he was handpicked by Mudd to play that spot meanwhile everyone else is a FA by necessity or moved there because he's better than anyone else on the roster at that spot (TH)
_________________


psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7647
Location: "This game is over!" - Chuck Bednarik
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has the potential to be a above average guard in the NFL, but his technique and awareness is horrible. He just needs another year atleast. If he isn't decent next year ill lead the hoe train for his baby face.
_________________
NCAA Division III WLAX Event Supervisor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to being 7-0 in Maclin's last 7 games, and 0-3 in his last 3 missed games, here's another Maclin stat for everyone to digest:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/eagles-notebook-23/
Quote:
Eagles are 29-17 and averaging 27 ppg with [Maclin]. Eagles are 2-3 and 18 ppg without him.


That is for Maclin's entire career. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, yeah...
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
In addition to being 7-0 in Maclin's last 7 games, and 0-3 in his last 3 missed games, here's another Maclin stat for everyone to digest:

http://igglesblitz.com/philadelphia-eagles-2/eagles-notebook-23/
Quote:
Eagles are 29-17 and averaging 27 ppg with [Maclin]. Eagles are 2-3 and 18 ppg without him.


That is for Maclin's entire career. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, yeah...


If we had Larry Fitzgerald and Megatron on the outside and Andre Johnson in the slot those numbers would be higher... Prove me wrong using merganser duck migration patterns... You can't...
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8602
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many playoff wins over Maclin's career? Laughing

0-2 and didn't even make the playoffs last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7290
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
How many playoff wins over Maclin's career? Laughing

0-2 and didn't even make the playoffs last season.


How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one jinxing us.
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!


Last edited by Broadway Joe on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one is jinxing us.



_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8602
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
How many playoff wins over Maclin's career? Laughing

0-2 and didn't even make the playoffs last season.


How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one jinxing us.


You would be included as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8602
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one is jinxing us.




You too...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7290
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
How many playoff wins over Maclin's career? Laughing

0-2 and didn't even make the playoffs last season.


How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one jinxing us.


You would be included as well.


No because Maclin told me I was cool.

Actually I was here for the 2008 playoff run, just not with this account.
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!


Last edited by Broadway Joe on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did y'all know Maclin holds a postseason game NFL record an an Eagles franchise record?

Holding us back, man.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PowerElite


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 8602
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
How many playoff wins over Maclin's career? Laughing

0-2 and didn't even make the playoffs last season.


How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one jinxing us.


You would be included as well.


No because Maclin told me I was cool.

Actually I was here for the 2008 playoff run, just not with this account.


Maybe I can say the same thing...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7290
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Did y'all know Maclin holds a postseason game NFL record an an Eagles franchise record?

Holding us back, man.


And Greg Lewis is the only WR in Eagles history with a TD catch. That should tell you enough about our team's history.
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one is jinxing us.




You too...


What are you talking about? Laughing I joined in March of 2008.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290104016 (4:30 PM ET, January 4, 2009) Eagles 26, Vikings 14

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290111019 (1:00 PM ET, January 11, 2009) Eagles 23, Giants 11

Nice try though PE. You lose.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48180
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Did y'all know Maclin holds a postseason game NFL record an an Eagles franchise record?

Holding us back, man.


And Greg Lewis is the only WR in Eagles history with a TD catch. That should tell you enough about our team's history.


In postseason? Maclin is the youngest player in NFL postseason history to record a TD so that nugget has to be wiped clean.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group