Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willy_law

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Geno Smith Reply with quote

Is he forreal? Can we get this thread to be strictly Geno videos and Geno talk. I still have to break him down mechanics wise but I mean he sure is making the case for the Heisman. How do you guys feel about him. I have seen him ranked as high as 2nd on the QB board behind Barkley ( who I think will bust)

what do y'all think of Geno
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's legit. I posted in the Eagles thread about him and I don't really feel like typing it out again...

But I will say this: He should be the #1 QB in the draft. And I'm going bold here....But I think he will be better than both Cam and RGIII.

His accuracy is second to none. Dude is completing 83% of his passes this year. And not only that, but he rarely ever makes mistakes, evidenced by his grant total of zero interceptions on the season. Doesn't try to force things that aren't there, and only looks to take off running if he has to.

I'd be psyched if the Eagles somehow ended up with him, but they'd have to be picking in the top 3 to do that, so I don't think it'll happen. However, I'd like to see him go to a talented team Like Kansas City or maybe even Arizona.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had him as my #1 QB since before the season. While guys were riding the Logan Thomas hype train, I and a few others were driving the Geno Smith truth-hype train. He has great accuracy, no matter what throw it is. He goes through his reads. He runs well when needed. He has a great arm. He has very nice footwork. He does well when rolling out, and when under pressure. He also has solid mechanics. There's not a whole lot of questions about him left.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
I've had him as my #1 QB since before the season. While guys were riding the Logan Thomas hype train, I and a few others were driving the Geno Smith truth-hype train. He has great accuracy, no matter what throw it is. He goes through his reads. He runs well when needed. He has a great arm. He has very nice footwork. He does well when rolling out, and when under pressure. He also has solid mechanics. There's not a whole lot of questions about him left.

I've had him as my #1 QB as well, but was questionable, before the season, as to whether or not he can be the #1 overall quality type pick. He's beginning to answer that question and right now it's YES.
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the date: http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-geno-smith/
Django

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of a Rich Man's Aaron Brooks (Saints version)

If Aaron had more accuracy and read defenses better.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:
Check the date: http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-geno-smith/

is that your website?
Bobikus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reality_Check wrote:

That deep ball of his has improved since then too. Having the quality of WRs he has helps, but he's gotten progressively better at putting those deep balls were only the WRs and not the DBs have a shot at it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's the #1 QB, but I also think he's "only" a mid-first prospect. His accuracy, while good, needs to improve for him to become a top-10 pick IMO.

That said, I think he's a better prospect than Tannehill was, and he went pretty high...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: