Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Iowa Hawkeyes Football Thread - Oh No, We Suck Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
Clean the house

Said this last year.

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:
Clean the house

Said this last year.
Fire Kirk Ferentz and hire Bret Bielema.

PLEASE?!

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:
Clean the house

Said this last year.
Fire Kirk Ferentz and hire Bret Bielema.

PLEASE?!

Sure, take Davis, but also keep Canada?

#JDI
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:
Clean the house

Said this last year.

Yeah, I most certainly agree it's time for some wholesale changes, starting with Gary Barta and trickling down to Ferentz and the rest of the group. I expected the team to take a slight step back, but this is pathetic.

Come to think of it, this team has consistently preformed poorly under Ferentz vs. mid-major schools. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it. Sick of the "well, Ferentz is as classy as they come" matra. Sick of two steps forward, two steps back roller coaster. All the people I know, who say "well you don't remember the 70s". Blah, Blah, Bah. Sick of it. Sick of Ferentz.

There is just one very large problem, (thanks to Barta)...Ferentz buyout is 75% of his contract. By my calculations that would be approx $22.8M ($3.8M x 8 yr =$30.4M).

Iowa can't afford that. So, basically what I'm saying fellas is, buckle in, Ferentz isn't going anywhere. Sad as that is to say.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping he would have taken the Dolphins gig, but he sent OC instead...now, like you said, are stuck for 6 more mediocre years, with 2 "elite" ones sprinkled in.

#JDI
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
I was hoping he would have taken the Dolphins gig, but he sent OC instead...now, like you said, are stuck for 6 more mediocre years, with 2 "elite" ones sprinkled in.

Honestly, I don't think an NFL would even make an offer on Ferentz at this point. He missed that boat years ago and his track record isn't all that sparkly anymore. Now he holds the keys to Iowa and has an absolute honey of a deal. So why leave?

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone figued out how to clone Norm Parker, b/c Phil can't gameplan to save his life.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Has anyone figued out how to clone Norm Parker, b/c Phil can't gameplan to save his life.

Really?
Because to me, I am seeing nothing different between the two.

#JDI
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice win, though I'm not real sure what to make of Minny. They looked really bad for a 4-0 team coming in. Guess I should have looked at who they played.

Definitely a Jekyll and Hyde team....or maybe I should say a Weisman and everybody else team.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Nice win, though I'm not real sure what to make of Minny. They looked really bad for a 4-0 team coming in. Guess I should have looked at who they played.

Definitely a Jekyll and Hyde team....or maybe I should say a Weisman and everybody else team.

The Gophers aren't as good as they played against Syracuse, but they aren't certainly as bad as they played at Kinnick a couple of days ago. I think they're somewhere in-between...definitely a work in progress.

As far as the Hawkeyes, they certainly aren't a great team either, but even with that, they were the better team the Gophers coming in, despite clearly having difficulties with the teams that they should have handled (although the non-BCS teams are significantly better than they used to be).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
emrck68

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

The Gophers aren't as good as they played against Syracuse, but they aren't certainly as bad as they played at Kinnick a couple of days ago. I think they're somewhere in-between...definitely a work in progress.

As far as the Hawkeyes, they certainly aren't a great team either, but even with that, they were the better team the Gophers coming in, despite clearly having difficulties with the teams that they should have handled (although the non-BCS teams are significantly better than they used to be).

I think Minny may have been coming in on a bit of a high, 4-0 and getting some talk plus beating Iowa the last two years, and was not as prepared as they should have been.

O-line absolutely dominated this game. I love Weisman and I hope he continues to do well and gets hype but this week was all about the O-line.

I think overall we are a young team and we will continue to get better as we become more comfortable with the new offense, but I really expect us to be in the discussion for BIG championship in 2 years.
KC Royals
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micah Hyde was arrested...but why wouldn't he be.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20121006/NEWS01/121006001/Hyde-arrested-two-other-Hawkeyes-charged

Quote:
Micah Hyde, a three-year starter and captain for the Iowa football team, was arrested early Saturday morning for public intoxication and interference with official acts.

Back-up tight end Ray Hamilton and reserve offensive lineman Drew Clark were also charged in separate incidents.

Hyde was among a group of people that would not leave Old Capitol Brew Works near closing time early Saturday morning. According to the police report, Hyde was among a group of about 15 subjects fighting with the staff.

Quote:
Police chased Hyde, who was apprehended two blocks away. According to the report, Hyde had “bloodshot watery eyes and an odor of an alcoholic beverage” and showed 6 of 6 signs of impairment and refused a post arrest breathalyzer.

#JDI
emrck68

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Micah Hyde was arrested...but why wouldn't he be.

http://www.press-citizen.com/article/20121006/NEWS01/121006001/Hyde-arrested-two-other-Hawkeyes-charged

Quote:
Micah Hyde, a three-year starter and captain for the Iowa football team, was arrested early Saturday morning for public intoxication and interference with official acts.

Back-up tight end Ray Hamilton and reserve offensive lineman Drew Clark were also charged in separate incidents.

Hyde was among a group of people that would not leave Old Capitol Brew Works near closing time early Saturday morning. According to the police report, Hyde was among a group of about 15 subjects fighting with the staff.

Quote:
Police chased Hyde, who was apprehended two blocks away. According to the report, Hyde had “bloodshot watery eyes and an odor of an alcoholic beverage” and showed 6 of 6 signs of impairment and refused a post arrest breathalyzer.

Those three will likely get a one game suspension. Luckily Sparty's passing game isn't the greatest. Front 7 is really gonna need to step it up this game. Need to shut down the run game and when MSU starts to try to win through the passing game they need to get pressure on the qb to cut down the time the corners need to cover.
KC Royals
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uuggghhhh...good thing I blacked out and got $40 for my ticket yesterday.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Uuggghhhh...good thing I blacked out and got $40 for my ticket yesterday.

Good job outta you. Saved yourself some agony.

is anyone else completely mystified as to why Ferentz and Co. refuse to give someone else a shot at QB? I understand that JVB has all the experience but my lord, he has been mediocre at best and i think it's obvious that his confidence is completely shot. Surely, Rudock or Sokol have something to offer? Considering Iowa ranks 103rd in scoring and passing in FBS a little shake up can't hurt.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 61 of 66

Jump to: