Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Aston Villa Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Vlaar looks REALLY good.

And Benteke...Shocked

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know a site where I can rewatch the game. It wasn't on FSC and I wasn't available when the game was being broadcasted
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Anyone know a site where I can rewatch the game. It wasn't on FSC and I wasn't available when the game was being broadcasted

I just checked out the goals on 101greatgoals since I woke up too late to see the first half.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
teamorange

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
teamorange wrote:

I just checked out the goals on 101greatgoals since I woke up too late to see the first half.

I watched the highlights but I would rather watch the build up play this early in the season.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
teamorange wrote:

I watched the highlights but I would rather watch the build up play this early in the season.

Don't know where you can stream it but you can download the game. There was a locked thread in TAST asking for NFL games so I won't post the link however you can pm me if you want it. It literally has every single PL, CL, Europa game and most games from other leagues.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ike normal service was resumed for Villa lol.

Didnt get to watch the game as I was at work, but I just hope it was Southampton who were great rather than Villa being atroscious...Saints have troubled City and United going forword but still a 4-1 defeat is back to worrying times, just when I thought the worst was behind us.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Looks ike normal service was resumed for Villa lol.

Didnt get to watch the game as I was at work, but I just hope it was Southampton who were great rather than Villa being atroscious...Saints have troubled City and United going forword but still a 4-1 defeat is back to worrying times, just when I thought the worst was behind us.

We were great in the first half. Once they scored though, our defence went to [inappropriate/removed]. They made runs far too easily, and we were just hanging off, even in the box. Lichaj was getting dicked on out wide, hopefully Bennett gets the start next week.

To take a positive out of the game, Bent found the net for the first time in a while, and Benteke looked really good up front. Big problem for us is playing well once we fall behind. We've looked lost whenever that's happened this season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still simply not good enough. We are going to be struggling this year but at least we show promise and look good losing (instead of looking bad tying).
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that result is certainly a nice way to recover from the Southampton debacle. Let's keep the momentum going for this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a deserved point. We didn't look great but did enough for a point. I didn't see the West Brom goal (was making myself breakfast) but sounds like someone was offsides. Luckily Bent did what he does and slots a goal in to equalize.

Glad to see Albrighton get some solid minutes in, he had some nice crosses into the box. I felt as though he got slighted by McLeish last year in terms of minutes played.

Also I felt as though I have been spelling his name wrong so I googled him and found his girlfriend's twitter account and found this gem of a picture

He is such a dork
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a lift having Albrighton back. We were pretty unlucky not to get more out of his crosses in the first half. A combination of some good defence from the Baggies and us not knowing what to do with the ball in the box.

Also thought Bennett had a superb game, particularly in the 2nd half. Made some big tackles, and looked great whenever he pushed forward. Thoroughly impressed by the kid's starting debut.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn Joe Bennett cost us two points today. Stupid play when you're already on a yellow, and it really put us under the gun. Would have cost us all three if it wasn't for Guzan and Vlaar. Those two made some amazing plays.

Good to see Benteke get on the sheet though. Give that boy some confidence, and he's going to be a really good player. I liked the look of Herd at RB too. Not so much Lowton at the center... a couple of times early on we were caught short up the middle, lucky not to concede.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villas worst start to a season since 1969, when Relegation to the old third division happened...

Not good. Shame about the sending off against Norwich, I think we win if its 11 v 11 yesterday.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Villas worst start to a season since 1969, when Relegation to the old third division happened...

Not good. Shame about the sending off against Norwich, I think we win if its 11 v 11 yesterday.

Agree on all the points. I feel as though once we hit our stride we will see climb to mid table ~12/13. We still have a very new squad and a lot of the pieces haven't seen top flight football action.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
EnglishLion20 wrote:

Agree on all the points. I feel as though once we hit our stride we will see climb to mid table ~12/13. We still have a very new squad and a lot of the pieces haven't seen top flight football action.
I think you guys have a lot of work to do in all honesty. I highly doubt you guys get relegated but you have looked very poor in quite a few games. The game against Fulham recently was particularly poor, you offered very little going forward and looked really shaky in defense, it is going to be a trying season for Villa.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 46 of 73

Jump to: