Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ATL 2013 draft pick - poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position does ATL take in round 1?
DB
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
DE
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
OL
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
TE
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
LB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DT
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
For what it's worth, my current mock:

FA: Anthony Fasano (3 yrs, $7m)
Re-Sign: Sam Baker, William Moore, Michael Palmer (RFA), Brent Grimes (dependent on health and cost)
Let go: Gonzalez, McClure, Svitek, Reynolds, Sidbury, Owens

1. Kawann Short , DT, Purdue
2. Larry Warford , OG, Kentucky
3. Johnny Adams, CB, Michigan State
4. Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State
4C. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
5. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut
6. Cobi Hamliton, WR, Arkansas
7. A LBer to compete with Schilier for 6th LB

Between Warford, Williams and Fasano we'll be significantly improving the run blocking, allowing a platoon of Rodgers/Snelling/Randle to produce yards on the ground. We trade some pass catching ability at TE for additional catches at RB. Adams brings some youth to the corners, and if Short pans out well then a rotation of Short, Peters, Walker/Jerry and Robertson would be decent in 2014. We get depth at LB and WR.

If Hamilton falls that far, Ill be jumping out of my chair yelling to take him...

adam9 wrote:

2. RB Eddie Lacy (Bama)

Considering Lacy has been overshadowed by TR and Ingram along with what AJ McCarron will do this year, I think he may fall that far and I wouldn't mind taking him. He'd make a great 1-2 punch with Quizz (you'll see it with him and TJ Yeldon this year)

I do think that if we don't re-sign Grimes and if Tony retires we need to hit both of those in the first 2 rounds. And when McClure retires, we need to spend another round 1-2 pick on an interior lineman. Needless to say I hope all three don't happen this offseason...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think RB and TE are positions that can be had later on in the draft or FA. Historically theyre not positions that have to be drafted highly to be successful. Heres what I would do:

1. Johnathon Banks - He would have to fall some but I think teams will view him as the 4th best corner in the draft. Not impossible to reach us.
2. Brandon Jenkins - Would have easily been a 1st rounder, again, may have to drop a little but not impossible.
3. Christine Michael, RB
4. Chris Gragg, TE
5. Cobi Hamilton, WR
6. Desmond Trufant, CB
7. Christian Robinson, LB
coors

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure where else to post what I want to say.. so I guess it can go in here..

--

Ive been LOL'ing so hard at the majority of the people in the "Julio Jones: Good Trade?" thread going on right now in the NFL General forum... so many haters and its just great.. I liked the trade at the time it happened.. and I like it even more now, considering how dynamic and unreal Julio already is for us.. and he's still a baby that has recently learned to crawl.. just imagine how good the kid is going to be once he learns to walk Cool Surprised Cool Surprised Surprised

www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=500233&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current mock draft, free agent signings
and Roster 2013
Draft
1.- CB Dee Milliner - Alabama
2.- DE Bjoern Werner Florida State
3.- RB Joseph Randle Oregon State
4.- TE Joseph Fauria - UCLA
C4.- WR Cobi Hamilton - Arkansas
5.- LB Bruce Taylor Virginia Tech
6.- DT TJ Barnes Georgia Tech
7.- T Mark Jackson Glanville State

Resignings
CB Brent Grimes (3years/14M)
CB Dominique Franks (1year/1M)
SS William Moore (5years/22M)
CB Chris Owens (1years/1M)
TE Michael Palmer (1year/1M)
G Garret Reynolds (2 years/3M)
WR Drew Davis (1year/1M)

Signings
TE Anthony Fasano (3years/10M)
LT Jermon Bushrob (5 years/35M)

Pay cut or restructure
CB Dunta Robinson (4years/20M)
DE Rey Edwards (4years/16M)
WR Roddy White (4years/21M)
LG Justin Blalock (5years/23M)

Cut
RB Michael Turner

Roster
QB
Matt Ryan
Dominique Davis
RB
Joseph Randle R
Jacquizz Rodgers
Jason Snelling
FB
Brady Ewing
WR
Julio Jones
Roddy White
Harry Douglas
David Cone
Drew Davis
Cobi Hamilton R
TE
Anthony Fasano
Michael Palmer
Joseph Fauria R
LT
Jermon Bushrob
Lamar Holmes
LG
Justin Blalock
Mark Jackson R
C
Joe Hawley
RG
Peter Konz
Garret Reynolds
RT
Tyson Clabo
Mike Jonhson
LDE
Ray Edwards
Kroy Birdmann
Cliff Mathews
DT
Corey Peters
Peria Jerry
TJ Barnes R
DT
Jonathan Babineaux
Travian Robinson
RDE
Jonh Abraham
Bjoern Werner R
Jonathan Massaquoi
LB
Sean wheatherspoon
Stephen Nicholas
Akeem Dent
Robert James
Bruce Taylor R
CB
Asante Samuel
Dunta Robinson
Brent Grimes
Dee Milliner R
Dominique Franks
Chris Ownes
FS
Thomas Decoud
Charles Mitchell
SS
William Moore
P
Matt Bosher
K
Matt Bryant
LS
Josh Harris
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the Kenjon Barner to ATL train. Heck, I'm on every UO player to ATL train.

But seriously, I like the fit. Barner is finally getting his chance to shine with the departure of LMJ. Good vision, wiggle, and speed. Also has great hands out of the backfield. Look at the consistency: he has averaged 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 YPC ('09 to '12 respectively). On pace for over 2,100 yards and 32 TD's this season. Ballin'.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
I'm on the Kenjon Barner to ATL train. Heck, I'm on every UO player to ATL train.

But seriously, I like the fit. Barner is finally getting his chance to shine with the departure of LMJ. Good vision, wiggle, and speed. Also has great hands out of the backfield. Look at the consistency: he has averaged 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3 YPC ('09 to '12 respectively). On pace for over 2,100 yards and 32 TD's this season. Ballin'.

He's somewhat small and its always tough to see how his game will translate with the offense hes in. I would take him somewhere around the 5th though
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

He's somewhat small and its always tough to see how his game will translate with the offense hes in. I would take him somewhere around the 5th though

Valid points. I'm not worried about his size, but you never know how the transition will go from Chip's offense to the NFL. That's something that is always incredibly tough to evaluate. A couple of things he has going for him, however are his work ethic--he's a hard worker with a great head on his shoulders--and familiarity with playing fast. Oregon's offense is faster than any NFL offense (by fast, I mean the speed/tempo that they play at). I'd imagine that would help the transition process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: