Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more notes:

- Raiders have allowed TD on 1st drive for opponent past 3 weeks

- Raiders have allowed more points over the first four games (125) than in any year except 1961 & 1962, before the late Al Davis took over.

- Raiders opponents completing 71.5% of passes. Only 2 teams ever allowed 70% or better for season

==============================

Statistically speaking, this has been one of our worst defensive units in forever through the first 4 games.

The biggest positive statistic so far is the improvement of penalties. Almost everything else has regressed.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Basically we're finding new ways to lose games.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for Palmer. He's ready to perform, but he never had a chance with Greg Knapp sabotaging the rushing attack. We can't run the ball worth a damn.
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
I feel bad for Palmer. He's ready to perform, but he never had a chance with Greg Knapp sabotaging the rushing attack. We can't run the ball worth a damn.

I feel worse for DMC

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Darkness wrote:

I feel worse for DMC

Good point. He's probably even more frustrated. But at least he's still young. Palmer looks ready to prove his doubters wrong, but everything is crumbling down around him.
TheAutumnWind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAD = McLame!!!!

Just finished watching second half on NFL game rewind. Guy was jogging.. AGAIN(big surprise right)... seemed disinterested... no extra effort... so non chalant and carefree... I'm done w Slowlo. Shooting wrong gaps, giving up on plays... one time he literally just stopped on one play- live play... no one really touches him- he pursues right, RB runs down middle(ok=not his gap i think) lineman coming his way, he just stops, backs up, and starts lightly joggin downfield... lineman just stop and watch him- all the while it's still a live play!!!! I get it if your not that athletically gifted or tall... even slow... kinda like Gio... but atleast hustle!!!.. ITS YOUR freakin JOB!!!!! Can't stand it. Confused Hopefully Curry comes back soon...

Also... Did Slowlo get benched/hurt at the end of the game??? Goethel came in with like 4 min left in the game
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
That's the problem, our entire d-line is run stuffers. We don't have anyone that can pass rush.

I can only speak for our game yesterday, but our base Offense (2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB) kept you in your base 4-3 which really hampered your pass rush. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe your base Defense operates similiar to ours in that you have a 300lbs LE (yours being Houston, ours being Wolfe) that shifts inside when you go to your Nickel. This can hamper your ability to rush the passer, especially against a no huddle Offense.

MUFC OK
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
That's the problem, our entire d-line is run stuffers. We don't have anyone that can pass rush.

I can only speak for our game yesterday, but our base Offense (2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB) kept you in your base 4-3 which really hampered your pass rush. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe your base Defense operates similiar to ours in that you have a 300lbs LE (yours being Houston, ours being Wolfe) that shifts inside when you go to your Nickel. This can hamper your ability to rush the passer, especially against a no huddle Offense.

You are right, but we don't really have a true pass rusher for any formation.
We don't have our Von Miller or Doom yet...
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the game back again until half-way through the 3rd. Two 3 and outs straight in the second half and Denver scored two touchdowns off them, a blocked punt didn't help field position, and the game was then over. Our defense obviously isn't good but our offense needs to give them more help. Allen not challenging that Moore spots on the first drive of the second half was crucial, big mistake by him.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

We have 3 sacks in 4 games, it doesn't matter what package we are in we can't pressure the QB at all.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good:

Palmer - This sucks for Carson b/c dude was getting CRUSHED out there all damn game but he made no mistakes, played as well as the line allowed him to play. He has done absolutely nothing wrong this entire season except play up to and probably exceed expectations. Sucks the team around him is terrible. I've always backed Carson and he's even surprised me this year.
I didn't spend any money to watch the game

Bad:

I don't have 45 minutes to type

Ugly:

Offensive line
Secondary (sorry people, Branch is not a difference maker out there. He's so average it hurts). - We NEED to gut our secondary. Primarily our safeties since they are more important in the success of a defensive play more times than they are not. Branch is nothing to keep around w/ that salary. He's maybe worth 33% of it. Huff I can't speak of w/ the new regime b/c he's barely played there and Gio is trash.
Pass Rush - We need one, badly... again.

PM sig requests.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:

We have 3 sacks in 4 games, it doesn't matter what package we are in we can't pressure the QB at all.

Our Dline is Garbage and these guys have to be the worst run stuffers i have seen.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_21669358/broncos-get-what-they-need-big-time-easy?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
For only the ninth time in league history, a team had 500 yards on offense, didn't punt, didn't allow a sack and scored at least 37 points.

Quote:
Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN
"That time McClain was like a scarecrow. Just standing there, watching. Doesn't do anything." - #Raiders #TomFlores on radio

early43

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly: The fact that DMC was unable to gain at least 50 yrds rushing against a weak rush defense, missing its top 2 LB's.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTuckRule wrote:
McClain = BUST

I was expecting another Ray Lewis or at least 75% of him

He is close... he didnt kill anyone but he did put a gun to their head Laughing

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: