Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 29th pick, MINN selects - Harrison Smith [S] ND
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison Smith has been my favorite player so far this year. There has been a few times he's been a little out of position but he really lays the wood and his instincts are pretty damn good. He's had a big part in the significant part of the improved defense.

If he continues to improve like I anticipate him doing we may have an elite safety very soon. Loved this kid before the draft even more so now.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Harrison Smith has been my favorite player so far this year. There has been a few times he's been a little out of position but he really lays the wood and his instincts are pretty damn good. He's had a big part in the significant part of the improved defense.

If he continues to improve like I anticipate him doing we may have an elite safety very soon. Loved this kid before the draft even more so now.

I agree. I love this guy! I wasn't so sure at the beginning, but man he's awesome!

He just needs to hold onto those footballs thrown right in his lap!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a Smith jersey
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
moss_is_1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing Madden earlier...and realized that Harrison Smith was born on the same exact day as me. Just liked him a whole lot more. Laughing
french t0ast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProFootballFocus has named Harrison Smith on the All-1st Quarter of the Season Team Defense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/03/pff-all-first-quarter-of-the-season-team-defense/
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings safety Harrison Smith, who crunched Calvin Johnson as the Lions wide receiver ran a second-quarter post pattern to dislodge the ball on Sunday, was still receiving back-slaps for the big hit at Vikings practice Wednesday, Oct. 3. Smith, a rookie from Notre Dame, has been impressive in four games as a starter but never more than in the 20-13 victory over Detroit.

Smith: "Just a football play. Hopefully, that's not the best play of my career. It was good to get a win, but now we're moving on. I think it's just about knowing what your fit is, and then playing with your help. He's faster than I am, so I don't want to be in a footrace with him, but I know where my other guys are at."

Jamarca Sanford: "He's a smart guy. He can see it in the classroom and take it to the field. A lot of guys as rookies, the speed of the game or a game plan is just a little too much for them sometimes. He picks up real well. That's a good guy to be back there with."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21690185/vikings-rookie-harrison-smith-smart-guy-who-can

looking to be one of Spielman's better player evaluations in his Drafts.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could Smith's presence actually be making Sanford look like a better Safety than he truly is. Last year, we saw how awful Sanford was playing opposite of lesser a Safety.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Could Smith's presence actually be making Sanford look like a better Safety than he truly is. Last year, we saw how awful Sanford was playing opposite of lesser a Safety.

Possibly, but Sanford was playing with worse corners too.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Smith's versatility I think will make Raymonds absence easier to compensate for. Sanford is clearly better at being in the box and hitting people and forcing fumbles so having Harrison Smith back there with him is allowing Sanford to play to his strengths I even think you could make an argument that Harrison Smith is the Defensive MVP of this team so far.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Smith's versatility I think will make Raymonds absence easier to compensate for. Sanford is clearly better at being in the box and hitting people and forcing fumbles so having Harrison Smith back there with him is allowing Sanford to play to his strengths I even think you could make an argument that Harrison Smith is the Defensive MVP of this team so far.

Smith hasnt done much on the stat sheet, but its clear, his ability to play multiple roles has allowed more schematic versatility, and certainly, Smith has been very steady in coverage and run support.

This is the kind of player I expect when we drafted him. Wont be a flashly player with high Int or deflection numbers but will be a very smart player in coverage and be understanding of his role. He has played exceptionally well for a rookie.
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's a cliche to compare a white safety to another white safety, but similarities between Harrison Smith and John Lynch are incredible.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
I know it's a cliche to compare a white safety to another white safety, but similarities between Harrison Smith and John Lynch are incredible.

I can see it. Both are big time hitters, smart players and strong leaders. Another player I saw Smith compared to often was Eric Weddle.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa guys. discussing race, are we?

totally taboo.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Williams: “We want to put physical play on tape. That when they play the Minnesota Vikings, it’s going to be a long day in terms of it being a physical ballgame. That’s the way we want to play – a physical style of football. And it was good to see that Harrison did get the ball out [against Calvin Johnson].”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/172706871.html

Webmaster wrote:
perrynoid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Smith hasnt done much on the stat sheet, but its clear, his ability to play multiple roles has allowed more schematic versatility, and certainly, Smith has been very steady in coverage and run support.

Sorry, but I must beg to differ: we are 3-1, the only stat that really matters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: