Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock 1.5: Blackout Edition (Nov. 10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
If we did something similar I would be happy with that.

If Rex and Sanchez are glued at the hip then they can both go. Pettine wouldn't get fired.

I really dont like any QB enough to draft them as my starter going forward. We might be better off signed jason campbell and drafting a guy like Mike Glennon in the middle rounds to get a guy who has upside but needs some seasoning until we find a QB who we want to go all out for.

Were going to have a lot of money to spend, but it should really be spent on more B-level type free agents. We need OGs and a RT. I disagree with your assessment on both slauson and howard. there both very very replaceable. Would love Phillips at S but he would never come here, when he can play for a much better giants team and even though I love James Jones, its taking a 4th to get him from the Packers. A 6th round pick isnt getting us a good WR.

This was a good read and it made me at least interested in the Jets after this loss today. So I thank you for that and love the overall idea.

Thank you.

I think our OL could at least be serviceable. If it turns out that the OL disappoints, I acquired some depth in Smith and Hadnot. We should have a better idea of how good the OL is by the end of the season.

With Phillips, I think we might just end up offering him more money than the Giants will. Many good players have left the Giants for other teams in the past few years, like Derrick Ward and Mario Manningham.

Jones could be available for a relatively cheap price. He only has one year left on his contract and is behind Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and Randall Cobb on the Green Bay depth chart.

Last edited by green24 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
What happened to David Harris?

Good catch. I accidentally wrote Bart Scott on the depth chart. It's fixed now.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I truly would like here is if Mangini were running our drafts. Other then the fanboy coma I'd be in from drafting Geno Smith since he's the starting QB at my alma mater I can't get behind this off-season.

There is no quick fix for this team. No more going out and spending big. We can't just throw a bunch of money and fill up our cap again just because the room is there.

It's time to restart like we did in 2006--Tangini style. Good drafting, low-key signings in FA (Kenyon Coleman, Thomas Jones, etc.), and a disciplined locker room with guys who believe in the system.

Rex Ryan was an illusion. He revved the engine very briefly, and then he totaled the vehicle.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
The only thing I truly would like here is if Mangini were running our drafts. Other then the fanboy coma I'd be in from drafting Geno Smith since he's the starting QB at my alma mater I can't get behind this off-season.

There is no quick fix for this team. No more going out and spending big. We can't just throw a bunch of money and fill up our cap again just because the room is there.

It's time to restart like we did in 2006--Tangini style. Good drafting, low-key signings in FA (Kenyon Coleman, Thomas Jones, etc.), and a disciplined locker room with guys who believe in the system.

Rex Ryan was an illusion. He revved the engine very briefly, and then he totaled the vehicle.

When we have this much cap room, we should be able to spend it. It's not like I'm signing 30 year-old players to 7 year deals. All players are 26 and under and I'm signing them to deals no longer than 4 years. I think this can turn some of our weaknesses into strengths.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish QB situation can happen in the real life.

I am not sure Fred Davis is a necessitate but as long as the budget is solid, I can't complain.

Rex Ryan is still calling plays so firing Pettine and keeping Ryan is making a little sense.

Nice overall mock, though.

Also, I hate Eric Mangini.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

When we have this much cap room, we should be able to spend it. It's not like I'm signing 30 year-old players to 7 year deals. All players are 26 and under and I'm signing them to deals no longer than 4 years. I think this can turn some of our weaknesses into strengths.

Phillips has a history of knee problems and Fred Davis is probably a failed drug test away from losing a season of his career. It's not really worth it. Also, I'd rather have cap flexibility and see where things go. Use the draft first and then go to free agency to prune.

The original Tannenbaum plan looked like that. And if you look at Tanny's last draft he realized how little depth this team had. I think he knows that his aim high/miss high philosophy has led to this.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Woods?

Just seems sort of random Confused

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Joe Woods?

Just seems sort of random Confused

I googled Defensive Coordinator candidates and looked at information for a few of them. I decided Woods was my favorite. Plus, he worked with Karl Dunbar (Jets DL coach) in Minnesota.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Dunbar the D-Line sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Speaking of Dunbar the D-Line sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not ready to overreact. A lot of the big runs have been to the outside. I do think Pouha's play has decreased a lot. This is probably caused by either his back injury or age. The Kenrick Ellis era at NT might be starting a little earlier than expected. I think Wilkerson has been pretty solid against the run but nonexistent against the pass. DeVito has been that, but a little worse. Coples needs to play more.
Darrelle Revis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think we can bring in all those FA, or that Smith will last to the 7th pick, but I would be very happy with it.

Still would love to have a real stud RB on our offense though.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis wrote:
Don't think we can bring in all those FA, or that Smith will last to the 7th pick, but I would be very happy with it.

I have RB in my mock. yoobah myself.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:

I have one too. Zac Stacy in the third round.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:

yeah... It is a nasty habit of people. any RB after 1st round is not a stud one on paper.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:

yeah... It is a nasty habit of people. any RB after 1st round is not a stud one on paper.

Look at the 2008 draft. Ray Rice, Matt Forte, and Jamaal Charles all went in rounds 2-3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: