Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Thread of THE []_[] v3 (Lock Her Up Plz)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
I also think that today's win was an anomaly. We haven't had this type of offensive production in a long time, and there is no way that Stephen Morris keeps this up IMO. All those long bombs? Flukey. We still don't have that great of a balance on offense.

I agree with most of what you said, and while I don't think they'll be able to keep the pace up offensively, it isn't exactly flukey. The offense has had big plays in every game except Kansas State. Duke had the big runs against BC, Duke had big runs and a long catch against B-CC, and last week Morris and Dorsett set records that they broke this week. The offense definitely struggles to put together long drives and relies on big plays to score. Those will be harder to come by against better defenses, though I'm not sure who has a good defense left on the schedule save for FSU and ND (who are upper echelon teams as a whole).
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cp0k2 wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
I also think that today's win was an anomaly. We haven't had this type of offensive production in a long time, and there is no way that Stephen Morris keeps this up IMO. All those long bombs? Flukey. We still don't have that great of a balance on offense.

I agree with most of what you said, and while I don't think they'll be able to keep the pace up offensively, it isn't exactly flukey. The offense has had big plays in every game except Kansas State. Duke had the big runs against BC, Duke had big runs and a long catch against B-CC, and last week Morris and Dorsett set records that they broke this week. The offense definitely struggles to put together long drives and relies on big plays to score. Those will be harder to come by against better defenses, though I'm not sure who has a good defense left on the schedule save for FSU and ND (who are upper echelon teams as a whole).

ND has an upper echelon front seven. The jury's still out on the rest of their team. The offense has been absolutely terrible post-opener and the secondary has yet to face a competent passing attack.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
ND fan here.

What exactly is wrong with your defense? Is it inexperience?

How is your pass protection?

Everything is wrong with the defense right now. Mark D'Onofrio is running very vanilla schemes because he has about 30 players (including several Redshirt and True Freshmen) getting snaps. Because of this, there's little continuity and many blown assignments. The Defensive Line is bad, nobody is a standout against the run or able to consistently rush the passer. It doesn't help that right now the defense is missing their best player, MLB Denzel Perryman (though he is expected back next week). Long story short, big lack of experience and very predictable play calls. But you can't fault the effort, everyone plays hard.

The pass protection has been pretty good. Miami has been rotating four guys between the two OT spots. The best combo in my opinion has been Seantrel Henderson at LT and Ereck Flowers at RT. Ben Jones has played solidly at RT but he went down with an injury today, not sure what his status is. Malcolm Bunche has gotten a lot of playing time at LT and in my opinion he's the worst of the group and has given up the most pressure. The interior of the line has played well all season. Teams have gotten the best pressure on overload blitzes off the left edge of the offense, attacking Bunche. Miami hasn't seen a front 7 anywhere near as good as what Notre Dame has though.
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlEZv5yBgwo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as I thought this team was going to be coming into this season...

They are amazingly magical. Laughing Laughing

It's a 'Canes thing, U wouldn't understand.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins82, you can't even lie, we got so lucky with that win. Missed XP, Safety. TD Bomb with :19 left.

That was a lucky win. If that went to OT, chances are we would've lost.

Not trying to take anything away from our team's win. Because this is a magical 5 game stretch. Aside from K-State

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Some thoughts on my part:

It's great that we won today but it just as easily could have been a loss. On several long passes, and I think it was the last touchdown pass in the first quarter, Morris could have been picked off but thankfully it wasn't. Yeah we beat David Amerson deep several times but he still had chances at the ball, and our receivers either attacked stronger and came down with it or he jumped at the wrong time.

Finally, our defense is still atrocious. First, we gave up the most passing yards in school history to BC, and then today we gave up the third most total yardage ever. I think without our long touchdowns, we could have been blown out. We won't be able to outsling every team week in and week out.

Not to be a downer but......let's not get too confident here.
Couldn't agree more with this post. Bolded your best points.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/coaches-poll/

Miami ranked #33

Jamison.'s Gallery
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison, you could play that card with NC State too...that they were lucky to be in it. We missed 3 field goals, turned a 3rd down stop into a NC State TD drive due to a running into the kicker penalty, and (this is huge!) had a massive fumble return called back due to a NC State false start. We had numerous drives inside the red zone end in no points. Had we converted those opportunities, we would have won quite comfortably. I'll agree that we lucked out in some instances, but overall this didn't strike me as a flukey win...both teams played rather sloppily and we managed to come out on top.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/coaches-poll/

Miami ranked #33

Good, they're not one of the 25 best teams in the country. I was worried they'd get a surge of votes to make the ND game a battle of two ranked teams.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we find a way to win this week so we can potentially be ranked for homecoming against FSU, that's be epic.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backup offensive lineman Jermaine Johnson has left the team for "personal reasons" according to Golden.

Denzel was not limited in practice today and is not listed on the injury report. He's ready to go for Notre Dame.

Ereck Flowers and Seantrel Henderson are listed as co-starters at RT.

Walk on Redshirt Freshman Hunter Wells is listed as the backup LT behind Malcolm Bunche.

Ladarius Gunter and Thomas Finnie listed as co-starters at one CB spot. Antonio Crawford and Tracy Howard are listed as co-backups to Brandon McGee at the other CB spot. Crawford was burned a couple times by NC State.

ACC Player of the Week honors go to Stephen Morris (offensive back), Gionni Paul (Linebacker), and Eddie Johnson (Rookie). Missing is Phillip Dorsett who was beaten out by Boston College's Alex Amidon for the Receiver honor. Amidon caught eight passes for 193 yards and two touchdowns in Boston College's 45-31 loss to Clemson.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can beat ND. I would die. That'd make my year<3<3<3<3<3

Jamison.'s Gallery
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who wants a signature? i'm in the mood....

Jamison.'s Gallery
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
Jamison. wrote:

what doo you want

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

Jump to: