Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday Reply with quote

I didn't want to watch ESPN last night after the Eagles won because I figured that's the only team they would be talking about. So I decided to turn to the NFL Network and watch the highlights of all the games and ESPN is still the superior network.

NFLN shows highlights and no post game reaction? Why would there be no post game reaction especially when some teams lost by a winning FG? All they did was show the highlights and the final score and then went to the next game. So I was forced to go back to ESPN because one thing I give the network credit for is they always show post game reactions from coaches and players and the radio call.

So that's two bad things about the NFL Network

1. The highlights on Sunday Night
2. The Thursday Night Announcers
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather watch neither and cry by myself about how much the Jets suck...
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday Reply with quote

NFLFan76 wrote:
I didn't want to watch ESPN last night after the Eagles won because I figured that's the only team they would be talking about. So I decided to turn to the NFL Network and watch the highlights of all the games and ESPN is still the superior network.

NFLN shows highlights and no post game reaction? Why would there be no post game reaction especially when some teams lost by a winning FG? All they did was show the highlights and the final score and then went to the next game. So I was forced to go back to ESPN because one thing I give the network credit for is they always show post game reactions from coaches and players and the radio call.

I love Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock

I prefer NFLN, only because I can't stand Chris Berman and crew.
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there any other sports channel I can watch to see highlights besides ESPN and NFLN? Or do I have to turn to channel 1990 to see george michael's sports machine?
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except ESPN shows about 3 minutes of highlights and then goes back to the other sports for 30 and then 3 minutes of highlights despite the fact that Week 4 of the NFL > The MLB Post-Season Race....

Even with that said, I don't care too much about post-game conferences unless they're gauranteed to have some sort of hilarity ensue.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Except ESPN shows about 3 minutes of highlights and then goes back to the other sports for 30 and then 3 minutes of highlights despite the fact that Week 4 of the NFL > The MLB Post-Season Race....

Even with that said, I don't care too much about post-game conferences unless they're gauranteed to have some sort of hilarity ensue.

You don't want to hear what your coach has to say after a tough lost?
titwio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else miss the "old" NFL Primetime? The one where Chris Berman did about 2 mins of highlights for each game.

Not a fan of the way they just cut right to the 3rd quarter on some teams and just show a few plays.
Jeebs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLFan76 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

You don't want to hear what your coach has to say after a tough lost?

This is what team websites are for. They usually (49ers does anyway) post the entire presser soon after its over. I know that I couldn't care less about what 90% of the other coaches are saying after their respective games. I want to see the highlights from the game and the final score.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Anyone else miss the "old" NFL Primetime? The one where Chris Berman did about 2 mins of highlights for each game.

Not a fan of the way they just cut right to the 3rd quarter on some teams and just show a few plays.

Yeah those were the days. You looked forward to primetime after watching the games all day long. Now primetime comes on at 3pm on Monday which is beyond retarded
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:

I like Chris Berman, I can't stand anyone else on ESPN...

But I rarely watch ESPN anyways, but when I do, I am somewhat entertained by him.
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN Highlights vs NFL Network Highlights on Sunday Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
ChiSportsFan wrote:
NFLFan76 wrote:

I like Chris Berman, I can't stand anyone else on ESPN...

But I rarely watch ESPN anyways, but when I do, I am somewhat entertained by him.

I used to like Berman before he became a EaglesFanatic
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Gameday Final is always Epic. Marshall, Prime and Playmaker have outstanding chemistry and give solid insight and analysis, especially Playmaker. In plus, he wears the nicest suits on TV. And that crew is always extremely entertaining.

Beast
Plat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLN
johnnyboy8102

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:

This.

I actually miss the old Sunday Night Football on Espn as well.
Plat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: