Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Roddy White a top 3 WR?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is he?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 73

Grachuus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhoddy White is a man who catches about half the balls that come his way and gets a ton of targets. I wouldn't put him in my top five. Receivers are supposed to catch the football.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingofSTATS wrote:

For me they are. Cruz is always making a big play, dynamic after the catch, explosive, attacks the ball. Nicks has more consistent hands and is a smoother route runner. But Cruz is better for my money.

Jordy is definitely the best on GB. The guy is always making big plays, great catches, getting separation, attacks the ball, makes the tough catches. Jennings is better after the catch and more explosive in and out of his breaks better route runner. But Jordy is a bigger match up problem and stretches the defense better. In a big spot in a tough situation making a hard catch, give me Jordy.

Ask any giants fan who they think is better and they will tell you its nicks without hesitation. Nicks can play inside/outside, better route runner, better deep threat, runs entire route tree, better release, better at beating press etc. Cruz is better in the short passing game and is probably more dynamic after the catch but thats isnt a knock on nicks because he is great with the ball in his hands and his pretty dynamic its just cruz is special with ball in his hands. And plus Nicks plays against the teams best corner while cruz plays mostly against the nickel.

I think jennings is better but thats your opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="OneBadCat"]He only had a big game because Norman the rookie was covering and Nakamura sucks [inappropriate/removed]. Gamble had to shut down J. Jones because he was the bigger threat.[/quote]

and he wrecked against the broncos
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
He's top 3 at getting the ball thrown to him. Up there with Brandon Marshall in that regard.

I forgot, getting thrown the ball is bad. Occasionally getting open is good.

It's cute how you have to comment on everything I say. It's like having an online puppy that's learning its independence Smile

It's sad that you can't back up your arguments and try to resort to, Personal attacks. poor ones at that
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:

It's sad that you can't back up your arguments and try to resort to, Personal attacks. poor ones at that

Are you arguing that Roddy White isn't among the league leaders in targets consistently?

That was my claim.

Feel free to provide a counter argument Laughing
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Are you arguing that Roddy White isn't among the league leaders in targets consistently?

That was my claim.

So what was the point in posting than sine it had nothing to do with the question. Where do you rank white?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grachuus wrote:
Rhoddy White is a man who catches about half the balls that come his way and gets a ton of targets. I wouldn't put him in my top five. Receivers are supposed to catch the football.
he has 1 drop in 2012...

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge Roddy fan and think he is a top 5 WR but he is not a top 3 WR. I have roddy at 4 after those 3 and then greg jennings at 5.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
he has 1 drop in 2012...

Yes because he was clearly saying Roddy White drops 50% of his passes.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
JDKing14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

That was my claim.

You know who else is in the league leaders in targets consistently? Calvin, Andre, and Fitz.
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when have we said WR's are bad because they get more targets? This forum is stupid and that guy who keeps posting the laughing smiley is cocky and thinks he's an expert on everything football.
ATL Jones Bro3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
he has 1 drop in 2012...

But it's not even in the realm of possibility though. He's a dumb Falcons hater like 92% of this forum.
Grachuus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Grachuus wrote:
he has 1 drop in 2012...

But it's not even in the realm of possibility though. He's a dumb Falcons hater like 92% of this forum.

Explain what I have to hate about the Falcons.

The number of targets a player receives CAN be good. The issue is the number of plays a player takes up in comparison to the number of catches they make can make an offense either more or less reliable. That is to say if Rhoddy gets all of Ryan's targets for example but only catches 200 balls(on 500 attempts) even though he has caught an amazing amount of footballs the Falcons have had what is assuredly a poor season and Rhoddy failed to make good on his opportunities.

Mark Twain wrote:
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

QBvsDefensiveQuality
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not yet. Still if he plays likes he has so far this season he'll find his way in the top 3.
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if im wrong, but targets can be misleading. Just because you are targetted it doesnt mean that all the balls are catchable. A pass can be broken up, it can be a poor pass, you can throw the ball when the WR isnt open etc. Larry Fitzgerald gets loads are targets if im not mistaken but he has had terrible QB play and what do bad QBs do, they then to force the ball to their best weapon because theyre most comfortable throwing the ball to that the guy.

The only way targets can be used as a bad stat imo is if you have a ton of targets but dont have reasonable amount of yards for that stat. For instance if you 200 targets but only have 1200 yards, then it can be used as a negative.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: