Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF 2012-2013 NBA Power Rankings: #20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team is the 20th Best in the NBA Right Now?
Atlanta Hawks
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Brooklyn Nets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chicago Bulls
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dallas Mavericks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Denver Nuggets
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Golden State Warriors
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Los Angeles Clippers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Memphis Grizzlies
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Milwaukee Bucks
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Minnesota Timberwolves
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New York Knicks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Philadelphia 76ers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Washington Wizards
34%
 34%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 26

the lone star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
You are aware that Steph Curry, David Lee and Andrew Bogut are all proven studs, right? Not to mention Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry making for very good depth. Just because Thompson and Barnes are young doesn't mean they're going to hold the team back.

Last time I checked, Scott Skiles is still coaching the Bucks, who your fan base loathes. Good luck with all those forwards.
You do realize that only 3 of those 6 have played together right? Also, how many winning teams have they all been a part of? Sure, it looks good on paper but how often does it translate?

And I will Laughing . Our depth is just as good as your depth. Plus, our depth has more experience together. Wink

You act like the Bucks were bad last year. We are who we are. We beat the teams worse than us and lose to the teams that are better. That's proven by our record last year (22-5 vs sub .500 teams and 9-30 vs teams over .500). We are middle of the road and that's exactly where we should be placed in these rankings. 17th or 18th should be where we rank.

Warriors gotta show me something more this year. I think they will for a little while, but then Bogut will probably go down with an injury.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Warriors gotta show me something more this year. I think they will for a little while, but then Bogut will probably go down with an injury.
That's all I'm saying here haha. We know what we got in the Bucks (and I spelled it out with my last post). We have no idea what to expect from the Warriors. They have to show me what they got before I can place them over a team like the Bucks. Same goes for the Hawks (dunno how they'll be without JJ) and Wizards (they were terrible last year, adding a few vets doesn't guarantee anything). Thus why I have the Bucks at 17th in my preseason rankings.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said the Bucks ceiling is higher then the Warriors. Since the Warriors ceiling is with Curry and Bogut staying healthy, the Bucks dont compare. Even if one of the two go down, I still see the Warriors being better. And lol @ you knowing the Bucks being the 17th best team. They couldn't make the playoffs in the East. There's no chance they do in the west.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
You said the Bucks ceiling is higher then the Warriors. Since the Warriors ceiling is with Curry and Bogut staying healthy, the Bucks dont compare. Even if one of the two go down, I still see the Warriors being better. And lol @ you knowing the Bucks being the 17th best team. They couldn't make the playoffs in the East. There's no chance they do in the west.
smh

I said their ceiling is higher for 2012-2013 bud. Reading comprehension fail. Laughing

I know that the Bucks are less of a question mark than the Warriors, Wizards and Hawks. Like I've said in my posts, we know what we are going to get from the Bucks. We have absolutely no idea what to expect with Golden State, Washington or Atlanta.

BTW, the 17th best in preseason rankings does indeed put them out of the playoffs in either conference. Nice try though. Golden State has about as good of a chance at making the playoffs as Milwaukee does, if not worse.

I mean, you're acting like Golden State was better than Milwaukee last year. Laughing You guys are about as unproven as it gets. Not a soul on your team plays defense outside of Bogut (and he's not what he once was). How has that formula worked for you guys lately?

But yes, please continue making vague "arguments" with no basis at all. It's working wonderfully for you.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea the east is just as good as the west, it's actually probably been better for a few years.

i mean outside of the lakers and the thunder it's not like there's any world beaters or anything

El Ramster on the amazing work
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
I mean, you're acting like Golden State was better than Milwaukee last year. Laughing You guys are about as unproven as it gets. Not a soul on your team plays defense outside of Bogut (and he's not what he once was). How has that formula worked for you guys lately?

The Warriors lost Curry, traded 2 starters (Ellis and Udoh) to the Bucks for an injured Bogut, then shut David Lee down. They had an all rookie starting 5 to end the season. I'd hope that a healthy Bucks team would be better then them.

And it doesn't matter if the Warriors are unproven. So were the Clippers heading into last season. If Curry and Bogut are healthy, the Warriors have one of the best PG-C foundations in the league.

Andrew Bogut, Jarrett Jack, Brandon Rush, Carl Landry, Festus Ezeli, and Kent Bazemore all play good defense. Before Curry went down last season, he looked much improved defensively as well. The Warriors have a far more balanced and talented team then the Bucks.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
And it doesn't matter if the Warriors are unproven. So were the Clippers heading into last season. If Curry and Bogut are healthy, the Warriors have one of the best PG-C foundations in the league.

Andrew Bogut, Jarrett Jack, Brandon Rush, Carl Landry, Festus Ezeli, and Kent Bazemore all play good defense. Before Curry went down last season, he looked much improved defensively as well. The Warriors have a far more balanced and talented team then the Bucks.
Bolded = bahahahahahahahaha

Getting Chris Paul and vets being "unproven" =/= getting Andrew Bogut and young guys being unproven. Hell of a comparison, it made me chuckle.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Ekpe Udoh, Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders, John Henson (potentially, seeing as you used Ezeli) all are defensive monsters. Not just "good" defense there, that's SECOND TO NONE defense.

We won't be balanced? Really? I suppose being the highest scoring team in the East goes for naught. Think

But yes, keep telling yourself whatever you want. Fact is, the Bucks are the better team heading into 2012-2013.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8

Last edited by bkobow05 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
And it doesn't matter if the Warriors are unproven. So were the Clippers heading into last season.

Not trying to really get in between this interesting debate. However, I really hope you are not trying to equate the various additions the Warriors have made since last season to the Clippers acquiring (arguably) the greatest point guard in the NBA, proven veterans like Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, and Reggie Evans to compliment Blake Griffin (a guy who people were arguing was the greatest power forward in the NBA after his rookie season).

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy but I think we'll be fine without joe Johnson. Too many times he just killed our offensive tempo. Marvin Williams will be the harder player to replace IMO, he was so diverse in what he could do. If josh smith continues his improvement and Lou Williams can be a very good scorer, we might actually have a better team than last year
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Darkness wrote:
And it doesn't matter if the Warriors are unproven. So were the Clippers heading into last season.

Not trying to really get in between this interesting debate. However, I really hope you are not trying to equate the various additions the Warriors have made since last season to the Clippers acquiring (arguably) the greatest point guard in the NBA, proven veterans like Caron Butler, Chauncey Billups, and Reggie Evans to compliment Blake Griffin (a guy who people were arguing was the greatest power forward in the NBA after his rookie season).

Andrew Bogut, Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry, Harrison Barnes, and Stephen Curry coming back from injury is a huge talent upgrade that should be taken into account when making predictions. I bring up the Clippers because they obviously got better last off-season, and just because they were unproven as a team, didn't mean that you couldn't predict them to play well.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Getting Chris Paul and vets being "unproven" =/= getting Andrew Bogut and young guys being unproven. Hell of a comparison, it made me chuckle.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Ekpe Udoh, Samuel Dalembert, Larry Sanders, John Henson (potentially, seeing as you used Ezeli) all are defensive monsters. Not just "good" defense there, that's SECOND TO NONE defense.

We won't be balanced? Really? I suppose being the highest scoring team in the East goes for naught. Think

But yes, keep telling yourself whatever you want. Fact is, the Bucks are the better team heading into 2012-2013.

The Clippers were unproven as a team just like the Warriors are now. The Warriors aren't only getting Andrew Bogut, but Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry and Steph Curry back from injury. That's 4 proven vets. 2 being great starters, and the other 2 being great reserves. Not to mention lottery pick Harrison Barnes.

PG: Curry, Jack
SG: Thompson, Rush
SF: Barnes, Jefferson
PF: Lee, Landry
C: Bogut, Biedrins

How is it a fact that the Bucks are the better team?
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness, are you Bayarea30?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Because we absolutely, positively know what we are going to get out of the Milwaukee Bucks. We have absolutely, positively no idea how the Warriors will play together. Comparing the haul the Clippers brought in prior to the 2011-2012 season to what the Warriors brought in is absolutely laughable. Once again, you guys have had individually talented rosters in the past and have rarely put it together. Simply put, the Bucks are better. We have better balance (seeing as we outscored and out-defended you guys last year) and proven core of players that have actually played together. Of the 6 guys you continually list, only two have played together on the Warriors and they both are terribad defenders.

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
You are aware that Steph Curry, David Lee and Andrew Bogut are all proven studs, right? Not to mention Brandon Rush, Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry making for very good depth. Just because Thompson and Barnes are young doesn't mean they're going to hold the team back.

Last time I checked, Scott Skiles is still coaching the Bucks, who your fan base loathes. Good luck with all those forwards.

They are? Your definition of "stud" must be pretty broad. Curry is the only one of the three that I'd remotely come close to calling a stud and that's only if he's able to stay healthy enough to play majority of the games. I'm hoping his ankle doesn't become a chronic issue, but I'm not not optimistic that it won't continue to be a lingering issue. David Lee is a pretty good big man, but definitely not a stud. His numbers are inflated because of the teams he has played on the last couple of years. During the 2009/10 season (with the Knicks), two of the top five scorers aside from Lee were Al Harrington and Nate Robinson. This past season, two of the top five scorers (once Monta Ellis was traded) were Nate Robinson and Dorrel Wright. Put him on a team where he isn't asked to shoulder the scoring load and he's not very impressive. And if you think Curry's injury woes are bad, Bogut's are even worse since he hasn't played in 70+ games since the 2007-08 season. He's a good defensive center, but not a very good offensive one.
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

The Clippers were unproven as a team just like the Warriors are now. The Warriors aren't only getting Andrew Bogut, but Jarrett Jack, Carl Landry and Steph Curry back from injury. That's 4 proven vets. 2 being great starters, and the other 2 being great reserves. Not to mention lottery pick Harrison Barnes.

PG: Curry, Jack
SG: Thompson, Rush
SF: Barnes, Jefferson
PF: Lee, Landry
C: Bogut, Biedrins

Bogut is not what he once was though. He improves your team fo sho, but he's not All-Star/All-NBA material like he used to be.

Not that you said that though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: