Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What changes should happen?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetfuel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: What changes should happen? Reply with quote

I think the first thing that needs to happen is Tanny gets the boot. We need a GM that makes smart picks not stupid ones. The next thing is trade up for a QB. We all know that Mark should not have been give the extra years on his contract. The guy is not the answer for the jets. I would move McElroy in to start and see what he can do. I would even give Tebow a few starts too. Holmes is garbage. As if you just throw the ball up in the air. I have never seen a guy do that. I have seen so many people get hurt worse than he did and not give up the ball. That is his attitude and he needs to go. Harris was still missing tackles which an ILB should not be doing. I think we should have traded Harris when we had the chance. I know I was the only one that was for it a few years ago. Wilson should only play nickel and never a starting CB. He was burnt last year and now this year. The last person that needs to go is Rex Ryan. They guy has total lost his team. The New York spot light is to much for him to handle.

Hire Bill Cowher as the GM/Head Coach. I would then go after Ben Tate and Ryan Mallet. Draft Manti from Norte Dame to replace Harris. Wes Welker could take over Holmes spot.

Last edited by jetfuel on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a true offensive, QB mind in this FO. Someone like Sean Payton. An adviser or someone with a QB background. Someone who can find offensive skill players to surround Sanchez with and can maybe find Sanchez' successor.

If it's not firing Mike T, it should be someone in the draft room that can find the offensive skill players we need. Oh, and firing Matt Cavanugh as QB coach. That is a must. He has to go.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I think we need a true offensive, QB mind in this FO. Someone like Sean Payton. An adviser or someone with a QB background. Someone who can find offensive skill players to surround Sanchez with and can maybe find Sanchez' successor.

If it's not firing Mike T, it should be someone in the draft room that can find the offensive skill players we need. Oh, and firing Matt Cavanugh as QB coach. That is a must. He has to go.

I agree on this too. Matt Cavanugh has to because he has done nothing for the QB's.
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to tell. For the rest of the season it is evaluation time. Shouldn't really change much of the front office aside from maybe Tanny but Rex should be safe as well
swi7ch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just like the DEN scenario last year. Starting QB sucked and then Tebow saved the season. Now Sanchez is sucking/struggling and guess who's his backup?
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
This is just like the DEN scenario last year. Starting QB sucked and then Tebow saved the season. Now Sanchez is sucking/struggling and guess who's his backup?

I'm not asking this to be mean, but are you even a Jets fan? Or are you just a fan of Tebow?
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Too early to tell. For the rest of the season it is evaluation time. Shouldn't really change much of the front office aside from maybe Tanny but Rex should be safe as well

I just think we need to add someone to assist Tannenbaum. Hes definitely done good things here but we just never stick to a plan ever. Need a brand new culture imo.

Only way Mark ever works out here is if he is surrounded by talent everywhere (i.e. USC) which is why the USC QBs offen dont workout. And even at that point thats when I believe he'll be a poor mans Alex Smith. We honestly have to make plans to move on from him.

Rex im honestly on the fence with. He still sounds like a complete idiot in most press conferences, puts a bullseye on his team and honestly hasn't done a very good job with his defense this year or bringing in pass rushers. I like that players want to play for him but lets be honest, his way of doing business doesn't work. His teams lack discipline, and hes a mediocre in game manager. Id love a guy like Cowher but im pretty sure our idiot owner ruined that.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
swi7ch wrote:

I'm not asking this to be mean, but are you even a Jets fan? Or are you just a fan of Tebow?

Seriously. Not exactly off to a good start here. Your preaching to the wrong choir. The last Tebow fan was excommunicated from FF. Just saying.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a real HC. Rex may get another season but mark my words, he is not the long term HC of this team. He doesn't have what it takes to oversee an entire team on both sides of the ball. His idiotic proclamations of being a "ground and pound" team and superb hiring of Tony Sparano have sure come into fruition.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major needs on defense

OLB- this is one we definetly need to improve. Cliff Avril, Barwin, etc. we need to get one of those guys big time. Both young and would be ideal adds.

Minor needs on defense

ILB- This could be the last year for Scott and Davis is waiting in the wings but i dont know exactly how i feel about this position.

DT- I think this one we address in free agency. We just need some depth. Id love Dorsey. I think hes a guy you could get that wouldnt cost to much. Coples and Wilkerson will be the guys of the future from right and left. Its just important to fill the middle with some depth.

Major needs on offense

G- Guard is the biggest position we need to improve on the offensive line. Its extremely important we get better there for the sake of the offense as a whole. We can deal with grooming Howard at RT as well as giving him competition there but i cant take another down seeing ducasse on the field. Even moore is old. 1st or 2nd round we go guard. and we add one in free agency, preferably Levitre.. he would be big.

RB- We need a game changer big time. Somebody that teams need to gameplan for. Powell is okay but he will never be anything but average and shonn looks the type of guy that has a short career, hes done. Mcknight is a guy you gotta keep for KR, special teams, as well as good depth at running back. I wouldnt be opposed to drafting one in the first. I really like Lattimore. Hes a monster with high motor and hes an SEC guy. SEC is the conference to draft from. We could always take a chance on Mendenhall to, with his injury this year, he could come cheap with high potential.

Minor needs on offense

QB- I know i know that QB is a definetly something we all want to see changed. But to be quite honest i think even if we drafted a top ten or fifteen QB in the draft, i dont think that he would be able to make this a better offense either. We need to surround the quarterback with talent rather than surround a good quarterback with nothing. I feel like a solid veteran QB and a late round draft pick would be fine with me. It would allow us to worry about getting better and younger around so in 2014 we can clear Sanchez's cap room and think about drafting an early quarterback. At this point its in this best teams interest to take this offseason and rebuild with young talent and speed.

WR- Holmes will be here whether you like it or not. Now Hill will still be grooming into a number two. Im not to sure how the jets would address this position in free agency. Collie is an interesting guy although his concussions are an issue. You could also consider moving Holmes back to the slot and add a guy like Bowe.

TE- I feel like its in this teams best interest to bring in a capable veteran. That can block as well as catch. I think Jared Cook is a very good young guy with promise but could demand some money.

What i predict and want

We sign Barwin OLB

sign Levitre LG

sign Glenn Dorsey DT

sign Dwayne Bowe

sign Matt Moore

sign Anthony Fasano

retain Landry, Maybin, Howard, Folk, Slauson, Keller

Draft 1st round Marcus Lattimore RB SOUTH CAROLINA... stud

2nd round Jonathan Cooper RG UNC

3rd round Dion Jordan OLB OREGON This guys a monster could be something special and will probably move up on the draft board.

the rest is for another day but

but after that draft and free agency, if thats even possible i think we are successfully better in a lot of ways especially younger and sets us up for a QB hunt in 2014.
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Major needs on defense

OLB- this is one we definetly need to improve. Cliff Avril, Barwin, etc. we need to get one of those guys big time. Both young and would be ideal adds.

Minor needs on defense

ILB- This could be the last year for Scott and Davis is waiting in the wings but i dont know exactly how i feel about this position.

DT- I think this one we address in free agency. We just need some depth. Id love Dorsey. I think hes a guy you could get that wouldnt cost to much. Coples and Wilkerson will be the guys of the future from right and left. Its just important to fill the middle with some depth.

Major needs on offense

G- Guard is the biggest position we need to improve on the offensive line. Its extremely important we get better there for the sake of the offense as a whole. We can deal with grooming Howard at RT as well as giving him competition there but i cant take another down seeing ducasse on the field. Even moore is old. 1st or 2nd round we go guard. and we add one in free agency, preferably Levitre.. he would be big.

RB- We need a game changer big time. Somebody that teams need to gameplan for. Powell is okay but he will never be anything but average and shonn looks the type of guy that has a short career, hes done. Mcknight is a guy you gotta keep for KR, special teams, as well as good depth at running back. I wouldnt be opposed to drafting one in the first. I really like Lattimore. Hes a monster with high motor and hes an SEC guy. SEC is the conference to draft from. We could always take a chance on Mendenhall to, with his injury this year, he could come cheap with high potential.

Minor needs on offense

QB- I know i know that QB is a definetly something we all want to see changed. But to be quite honest i think even if we drafted a top ten or fifteen QB in the draft, i dont think that he would be able to make this a better offense either. We need to surround the quarterback with talent rather than surround a good quarterback with nothing. I feel like a solid veteran QB and a late round draft pick would be fine with me. It would allow us to worry about getting better and younger around so in 2014 we can clear Sanchez's cap room and think about drafting an early quarterback. At this point its in this best teams interest to take this offseason and rebuild with young talent and speed.

WR- Holmes will be here whether you like it or not. Now Hill will still be grooming into a number two. Im not to sure how the jets would address this position in free agency. Collie is an interesting guy although his concussions are an issue. You could also consider moving Holmes back to the slot and add a guy like Bowe.

TE- I feel like its in this teams best interest to bring in a capable veteran. That can block as well as catch. I think Jared Cook is a very good young guy with promise but could demand some money.

What i predict and want

We sign Barwin OLB

sign Levitre LG

sign Glenn Dorsey DT

sign Dwayne Bowe

sign Matt Moore

sign Anthony Fasano

retain Landry, Maybin, Howard, Folk, Slauson, Keller

Draft 1st round Marcus Lattimore RB SOUTH CAROLINA... stud

2nd round Jonathan Cooper RG UNC

3rd round Dion Jordan OLB OREGON This guys a monster could be something special and will probably move up on the draft board.

the rest is for another day but

but after that draft and free agency, if thats even possible i think we are successfully better in a lot of ways especially younger and sets us up for a QB hunt in 2014.

Very well put. Everyone wants Geno Smith, okay, well who is he going to throw to or hand the ball off to? Sanchez played fine when he had support. He went up against a top 5 defense Sunday very undermanned. Sanchez has been getting less and less help each year so he should be the last person people point fingers at. I'm not saying he will ever be a pro bowl QB but he can be serviceable given the right supporting cast.

Love the draft, huge fan of Lattimore. Another stud on that Oregon defense is Michael Clay. He flies around the field
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to sign Barwin, Levitre, Dorsey and Bowe? Not enough $$$ to go around.

I'd sure like that to happen, but the financials aren't feasible.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time to make adjustments is coming but we need to stick with the plan until we are out of it. Does anyone realize we are in first place right now. I know it doesn't feel like it.

Anyway, lets play out the next 4-5 weeks and see where we are at that point. Keller looks like he's coming back so hopefully that will help Sanchez and the offense. Schilens looks like a good weapon when he's thrown to and hopefully this Grimes guy can get some touches after he learns the play book more.

At that point we'll see if we are hovering around .500 or if we've really given up and are something like 3-6. If things get that bad then it's time to start making some evaluation moves.

Powell/Grimes for Greene
Sapp for Thomas
Davis for Scott
Bush/Allen for Bell

I haven't given up hope yet but only time will tell and at the half way point we'll know if this team has risen to the occasion or has packed it in for the year.

Props to Mack on the sig
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

History proves that HC won the Super Bowl with ONE team. 0 for 5 so far.

No thanks to Cowher.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
History proves that HC won the Super Bowl with ONE team. 0 for 5 so far.

No thanks to Cowher.

Bring me Marty Schottenheimer then. He's won zero with several teams. Laughing

As crazy as it sounds...I almost want to see if we can steal Mike Tice from Chicago. He's an utterly awful head coach, but that guy has managed to make the least talented line in football look much better then it is.

I think we're going to wind up, unfortunately, with a first-time head coach again. Another guy I'd actually really like, if we keep Sanchez, is Chris Palmer. His track record in Cleveland was bad, but if you look at his history coaching quarterbacks and running offenses he is very good at turning average veteran starters into above average or good starters. He's not good at developing young quarterbacks (Tim Couch and David Carr), but if we were to keep Sanchez, or bring in a vet like Campbell, then he might not be a bad hire. He's not overly popular in Tennessee right now.

Other great offensive minds like Dirk Koetter, Scott Linehan, Jay Gruden, or Hue Jackson would be welcome. I'm not sure about any of them as head coaches though. Koetter and Gruden don't have any NFL head coaching experience and Linehan and Jackson are both recycled and had a lot of flaws as head coaches. Jackson is an outstanding receivers coach though.

I could get behind Dirk Koetter and Hue Jackson as HC and OC. There are probably a lot of other options out there I'm not thinking of right now, but I'm too lazy to do research right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: