Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cleveland Cavaliers Thread - THE TANK HAS BEEN COMPLETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5801
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
smh wrote:
Yeah, OK.

I see a big problem with drafting the same position over and over. That's like the Cavs going after Damian Lillard when they just drafted Kyrie. It make no sense, doesn't it?



So we have to draft a small forward next season even if theres clearly a better option on the board? We don't have much invested in the center position.


Exactly, also. What big man on our team can be a go to guy in the closing 2nds in the post? We don't have THAT guy. We have guys who can step up, but it would be nice to have a star down there
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 14589
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 7513
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Yes, and that is absolutely the way to go EXCEPT PG. He is the only star we have right now. I would love Zeller and TT coming off the bench. Or TT at 4 and a star 5 starting. And Zeller coming off the bench with whomever at 4. If the BPA happens to be a 3? Then that is all the much better.

I am really looking forward to watching Nerlens Noel play this year. I think he'll be a stud.

I personally don't think we will be in the hunt to draft that high. I think we will be in the 7-12 range. Assuming of course Kyrie and Andy stay healthy that is.

And before training camp starts, my predicted starters:

Kyrie-1
Dion-2
Miles-3
Andy-4
Zeller-5

Boobie as most improved player. I think he finally gets it this year.

Book it.
_________________

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
smh wrote:
Yeah, OK.

I see a big problem with drafting the same position over and over. That's like the Cavs going after Damian Lillard when they just drafted Kyrie. It make no sense, doesn't it?



So we have to draft a small forward next season even if theres clearly a better option on the board? We don't have much invested in the center position.


It's funny you said this seeing that a lot of you pegged us in the playoffs and not being able to reach Cody Zeller. What changed your tune?

Anyways, we don't have to do anything. We don't know whose going to be dominate in the NCAA this year. All this is speculation.

BUT MY OPINION IS.. it would be foolish to address a position we just did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Is that really true, though?

Nobody had Dion going to the Cavs at 4. He gets players that fit the scheme and style we're trying to play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Yes, and that is absolutely the way to go EXCEPT PG. He is the only star we have right now. I would love Zeller and TT coming off the bench. Or TT at 4 and a star 5 starting. And Zeller coming off the bench with whomever at 4. If the BPA happens to be a 3? Then that is all the much better.

I am really looking forward to watching Nerlens Noel play this year. I think he'll be a stud.

I personally don't think we will be in the hunt to draft that high. I think we will be in the 7-12 range. Assuming of course Kyrie and Andy stay healthy that is.

And before training camp starts, my predicted starters:

Kyrie-1
Dion-2
Miles-3
Andy-4
Zeller-5

Boobie as most improved player. I think he finally gets it this year.

Book it.


Why is that? TT has improved greatly as stated by the Coach himself. TT also gained 10/15lbs of muscle during the off-season.

Also the Coach said that he predicts Zellers starting half-way through the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FEARtheELF


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 5801
Location: THE Ohio State University
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.



AHHHHHH, so YOURE the future teller. It ALLLLL makes sense now. Everyone stop thinking. smh has got us on this from here on out.

Laughing

And I'm foolish? Everything you just said was washed away with you last statement. Youre talking foolish, IMO
_________________

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31689
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Is that really true, though?

Nobody had Dion going to the Cavs at 4. He gets players that fit the scheme and style we're trying to play.


we wont find out who really was the BPA when it happens. Who knows where Grant had Waiters ranked.

to grant Waiters might of been BPA
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 14589
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Is that really true, though?

Nobody had Dion going to the Cavs at 4. He gets players that fit the scheme and style we're trying to play.


as far as I heard, they did have him very high up on their draft board.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/07/terry_plutos_talkin_how_clevel.html

Beal MKG & Waiters were the targets if I remember correctly & because of who was picked ahead, Waiters was the guy.

But Grant does go BPA for the record. according to interviews he has given in the past.
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.



AHHHHHH, so YOURE the future teller. It ALLLLL makes sense now. Everyone stop thinking. smh has got us on this from here on out.

Laughing

And I'm foolish? Everything you just said was washed away with you last statement. Youre talking foolish, IMO


Washed away because I believe players are future studs? Oh, that makes perfect sense. Moving right along.

Bye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
smh wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Is that really true, though?

Nobody had Dion going to the Cavs at 4. He gets players that fit the scheme and style we're trying to play.


we wont find out who really was the BPA when it happens. Who knows where Grant had Waiters ranked.

to grant Waiters might of been BPA


That's exactly my point, though. NOBODY on this message board knows where Chris Grant ranks players. So all these list people make with Cody Zeller and Nerlen Noels are a wash because we don't know who Chris Grant value. You know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smh


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
smh wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
Grant goes BPA.

Zeller is in play (though I am hoping a SF is staring us in the face as BPA come draft time.)


Is that really true, though?

Nobody had Dion going to the Cavs at 4. He gets players that fit the scheme and style we're trying to play.


as far as I heard, they did have him very high up on their draft board.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2012/07/terry_plutos_talkin_how_clevel.html

Beal MKG & Waiters were the targets if I remember correctly & because of who was picked ahead, Waiters was the guy.

But Grant does go BPA for the record. according to interviews he has given in the past.


Thank you.

When people usually say BPA.. they actually mean according to their list. I was mainly talking about the fans.

None of us had Dion Waiters pegged to come here. We were thinking more of MKG, Beal, Barnes and Drummond. Nobody was really talking about Dion. Chris surprised me and a lot of others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6321
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had us taking Dion when Beal was off the board.

Look for the guys that tested off the charts by sabermetrics the last two years. It was Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 22005
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
smh wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
1. You need 3 capable big men rotating, especially since TT or Tyler Zeller will never be dominant.

2. SF would be awesome to address but there are no definite, sure-fire SFs outside of Muhammed in the draft.

3. We signed Iggy so does that not sure up the SF spot? Iggy and Gee splitting time at the 3 is more then good enough. In fact, having Iggy to guard the Durants and LeBrons is huge.

4. Maybe you say you want a young stud 3, but we have to have some defense on the court, Kyrie and Dion will be scorers, Iggy is an amazing 3rd option.


1. How do you know this already? Are you some type of future teller? At least give these guys a chance. Making these foolish predictions already.

2. Again, are you a scout? All of your predictions seem to be opinions and not facts. Stop it.

3. We signed Iggy? I thought he was in Denver playing. I didn't get any news of him being in Cleveland.

4. Stop with this foolishness. Why in the world would the Cavs go after an almost 30 something year old SF when we can draft a stud?

All the stuff you said was quite foolish, IMO.



AHHHHHH, so YOURE the future teller. It ALLLLL makes sense now. Everyone stop thinking. smh has got us on this from here on out.

Laughing

And I'm foolish? Everything you just said was washed away with you last statement. Youre talking foolish, IMO


Washed away because I believe players are future studs? Oh, that makes perfect sense. Moving right along.

Bye.


Whats the difference in he thinking guys wont be dominant and you thinking guys are going to be future studs. Dont see how you can call him out on that statement and then make the one you did. IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 22 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group