Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Draft 4 rounds (Revised)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings:

Not a fan of the 1st pick.
Selecting the 5th WR off the board at pick 16 is poor value in terms of what else is available on the board.

I would take at 16th given that board, in this order:

Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah -- Good Value
DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama -- Fair Value here
Kawann Short, DE, Purdue -- He could raise his stock
Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame -- We like ND players

Wait for WR in round 2 in this scenario, and see what is available, if we dont trade up from the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
13. Philadelphia- Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

I like Hunter a lot, but we need an OT and safety before a WR - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan here.

Quote:
46. Philadelphia- Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee

Like stated before, we should take Lewan in the first - Robert Lester, S, Alabama here.

Quote:
79. Philadelphia- Trevardo Williams, LB, U.Conn.

Not very familiar with the player, but if Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M is there he should be the pick. I think he can be a fine WLB in our scheme.

Quote:
112. Philadelphia- Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Faulkner College

No way Armstrong goes this high with his shady past - I'd like to see us pick up another OT, DT, CB, or WR here.

I'm curious as to why you think Chris Faulk, coming over a major injury, is worthy of a top twenty pick; why you think David Amerson, who's looked like a big bag of flaming dog do-do is worthy of a top ten pick; and how the hell Aaaron Murray drops to the third round[I think he's a late first/mid second guy]?
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
I would prefer Tyler Wilson over Matt Barkley, but a QB is a definite.

Poyer is good and we could definitely use another CB. Jesse Williams, Kevin Reddick, Nico Johnson, or Andrew Jackson would all be welcomed additions as well.

Really like the potential Margus Hunt has and I don't know that he will last this long. Good pick. Other options would be: Arthur Brown, Shawn Williams, or Sean Porter.

Safety is also a need. I don't know much about Swearinger, but we really do need some depth. Other options are: Zach Ertz.

agree with everything said in thie quoted post

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
If you plan on putting Jenkins at SLB (*fingers crossed*), then I love your draft for us.

Where else would I put him? He would be the SLB, Wright would move to WLB and Wagner would stay in the middle. Jenkins would give us a SLB with some pass rush ability which we desperately need.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
All 3 picks would be terrible for the Bears…Faulk will be coming off a serious injury and we have had enough with picking Olinemen with injury concerns…I doubt he comes out this year…Reddick is a decent LB but there are better defensive playmakers on the board…and we could use a backup QB but we have bigger needs to address with that 4th round pick especially without a 3rd…

Give us Te’o in the 1st…Warmack in the 2nd…Ertz in the 4th.

Your LT is TERRIBLE. If you don't fix that, you're never gonna go to a Superbowl. JaMarcus Webb is the achilles heel of your offense. I believe Faulk will be fine by the start of the 2013 season and will enter the draft. If he does, he is by far, the best OT in the draft. Taking another 2nd or 3rd round OT is not gonna fix the problem. You need an elite LT and Faulk is elite.

As for QB, Cutler is 2nd tier guy who's a headcase. He doesn't handle it well when he gets harassed and by season's end, I think he's gonna lose that locker room. You basically have no other option. Glennon has potential. You surround this guy with a talented receiving crew (which you now have) and I believe he can be very good. You already have a very talented defensive unit and I believe Reddick is much better than you give him credit for.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
I would be very disappointed if the Vikings passed on both Manti Te'o and Star Lotulelei.

I know the Vikings could use a big receiver, but taking the 5th wide receiver over the best middle linebacker and arguably the best defensive tackle, seems like a reach on a need pick, instead of taking the best player on the board.

He may be the 5th WR off the board, but Marquess Wilson is very, very good. He is a game changer. His stats are a bit down this year, because of Washington State's new dink and dunk offense, but in a pro style, he is both a redzone threat and he can get deep. Personally, I believe Star Lotulelei is the most overrated player in the draft. I don't know why so many people are so captivated by the guy?

With that said, I made a minor change and now have you taking a CB in round 1.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
This is extremely poor for Chicago... With Urlacher, Peppers, and Tillman not getting any younger passing on guys like Te'o, Banks, Milliner, and Montgomery for an overrated, injury prone, borderline top 10 T in this draft is silly.

JaMarcus Webb is among the worst 3 starting LT's in the NFL and this draft isn't exactly loaded at the LT position. Faulk, when healthy is elite. If you keep passing on good LT's, you'll never make the superbowl. Cutler holds the ball too long and needs way more time than Webb is able to provide. Your defense is very, very good. Why Bears fans wanna keep ignoring a huge need and address a position of strength, just because they have aging players at a few positions is beyond me. Rolling Eyes
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
I would prefer Tyler Wilson over Matt Barkley, but a QB is a definite.

Poyer is good and we could definitely use another CB. Jesse Williams, Kevin Reddick, Nico Johnson, or Andrew Jackson would all be welcomed additions as well.

Really like the potential Margus Hunt has and I don't know that he will last this long. Good pick. Other options would be: Arthur Brown, Shawn Williams, or Sean Porter.

Safety is also a need. I don't know much about Swearinger, but we really do need some depth. Other options are: Zach Ertz.

Personally, I didn't even wanna put Tyler Wilson in round 1. His stock is falling like a rock, but with so many teams in need of QB's, I had to put him in there. I'm not a huge Barkley fan either, but I believe he is infinitely better than Wilson, especially when it comes to accuracy, touch and instincts.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like direction of Bills draft. Rhodes will essentially be 3 straight 1st round CB's. Dennard Robinson makes sense could be a better Brad Smith for our team. Landry Jones is a awful prospect.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now our top 3 needs are QB/WR/OLB... OG/FS could be options with pending FA Levitre and Jairus Byrd
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
As of right now our top 3 needs are QB/WR/OLB... OG/FS could be options with pending FA Levitre and Jairus Byrd

How is QB that high of a need? You guys just gave Fitzpatrick a big contract and so far, he has actually played pretty well. Plus, unless you are in position to draft either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley (which will in all liklihood be gone), there is no immediate upgrades available. I can definitely see the need at WR, but you may be out of position to land one of the top guys. I didn't realize OLB was a big need. Admittedly, I'm not as updated on the Bills as some other things. Thanks for filling me in on the team needs.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it's Te'o, I don't want the Steelers to take an ILB in the first round even though it is a definite need. If Mingo slides that far then the Steelers should jump on him to groom behind Harrison. He would be excellent value there. Milliner wouldn't be bad as well. Don't like Robinson in the second. He's a terrific athlete but WR isn't a need that high even with the uncertainty of Wallace going into next season. Vaccaro or Jeffcoat, if the Steelers don't get a pass rushing OLB in the first, would be better. I like the third and fourth rounders better than the first two selections.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

How is QB that high of a need? You guys just gave Fitzpatrick a big contract and so far, he has actually played pretty well. Plus, unless you are in position to draft either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley (which will in all liklihood be gone), there is no immediate upgrades available. I can definitely see the need at WR, but you may be out of position to land one of the top guys. I didn't realize OLB was a big need. Admittedly, I'm not as updated on the Bills as some other things. Thanks for filling me in on the team needs.

Considering Geno, Barkley and Wilson are off the board WR would be the logical choice. Marquis Wilson is a solid option. I could see the Bills targetting a large, strong armed developmental guy like a Logan Thomas or Tyler Bray who will sit a season or 2 behind Fitz. Sean Porter is round 3 is a great pick.

Problem with Fitz is arm strength and down field accuracy. He has a solid quick release, decent scrambling abilities and is intelligent but he cannot make consistent down field throws.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5. Jacksonville- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M – Given RT is a large need, I get it, but I would take the pass rusher here and go Jarvis Jones at OLB (glaring need), Samuel Montgomery at DE (again large need) or we can go luxury pick in Xavier Rhodes at Corner (heck, even a Justin Hunter if Shad demands another Receiver).

36. Jacksonville- Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama – The more the season goes on, the UT position could be a need and Jesse is very good, however, if we go on the Defensive side of the ball in the first, here is where I would grab Dallas Thomas, who can play both Left and Right Tackle, but also move inside, so he fills a need regardless of where he is plugged in at.

69. Jacksonville- Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia – If we aren’t bad enough to get rid of Gene Smith and take a Quarterback in the first, then we aren’t going to “waste” this pick on a Quarterback in the third…Sean Porter, OLB / Larry Warford, OG / and especially Dion Jordan at DE should be considered here.

100. Jacksonville- Earl Watford, OG, James Madison – If we don’t go to the interior of the line sooner then here, good pick, if you do, Khaseem Greene / Mark Jackson, OT / Mario Benavides, C could be options.

Still not a bad draft outside of Murray in the third.

#JDI
5nick5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about going Safety in the first again for the Bucs. I think CB is a more pressing issue at the moment. But overall I wouldn't mind that draft.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: