Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 NHL Offseason Signings/Trades/Rumors and so on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Under the old NHL CBA, what was the revenue split. The owners are completely out of line, they already got a fair amount last time. This is ridiculous.

57% of revenues to the players is a bit high don't you think?

Any model which features a split of revenues without consideration for escalating costs is a mistake.

While gate receipts increased costs also increased which forced even more teams into the red.

What I personally think is wrong is putting this 100% on the players. The NHL has to do a great deal more revenue sharing in my opinion. They can't simply hold the players accountable for failing franchises when the wealthy franchise will simply have higher profits in any reduction in the percentage going to the players.

Unless they come up with a long term solution this won't be the last labor disruption.

What's needed is total revenue sharing between franchises which reduces once all franchises are in the black. Within the labor agreement a revenue split with escalators based on profits is the only solution long term.

It would probably be somewhere in the 50-50 range increasing to 53-47 once certain profit targets are met.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NHL & NHLPA are having formal talks this Friday in NYC on non economic issues.

I guess this is a good sign, but the two sides are still so far apart it's not funny. Plus the owners have already shown they are willing to skip a whole season and the players have Fehr as their union leader who is the definition of stubborn.

I have a feeling this is going to go on for a looong time.

El Ramster on this beaut!
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:

I guess this is a good sign, but the two sides are still so far apart it's not funny. Plus the owners have already shown they are willing to skip a whole season and the players have Fehr as their union leader who is the definition of stubborn.

It really wouldn't surprise me if it lasted the whole season.

Personally, I no longer care.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:

It really wouldn't surprise me if it lasted the whole season.

Personally, I no longer care.

Yeah, the NHL definitely knows how to degenerate (if that is even a word) interest in the game among the fans that finally came back from the last lock out or just starting to follow the game.

I know a lot of people that started watching a lot of Blues game and were starting to love it. Who knows if they continue to watch it (hopefully) or just say eff it and spend their money and time on something else.

I read on twitter the NHL & NHLPA have sessions through out the weekend in NYC, so hopefully they get a lot done this weekend.

I don't see how the NHL & the owners think a second lock out in a row is a good idea. There is simply no way to justify this lockout or really any lockout for that matter.

redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/frozen_account_WKFBjMUu87aiMxswHMkaxO

Quote:
Pat LaFontaine has been contacted by some European investors about the possibility of buying the money-losing team and keeping it on Long Island, The Post has learned.

This is a confirmation of a long standing rumor. Please God. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

In all likelihood it's just lockout fluff and restating the rumor, nvm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disgusted with this whole lockout business. I have heard that no progress is being made and both sides are firmly dug in. I am not expecting any hockey back for a long time and I am sad about that.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
I'm disgusted with this whole lockout business. I have heard that no progress is being made and both sides are firmly dug in. I am not expecting any hockey back for a long time and I am sad about that.

It's funny hearing the NHL saying the PA needs to comprise when the NHL hasn't comprised at all either. It's pretty comical to listen to the NHL cry about how much money they've lost this pre-season, since the last lockout, and how they are 100% committed to not losing any games, but they basically are saying to the PA, "Take our deal or we are not talking".

It took them two weeks to finally start formal sessions since the lockout officially took place.

diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:

It's funny hearing the NHL saying the PA needs to comprise when the NHL hasn't comprised at all either. It's pretty comical to listen to the NHL cry about how much money they've lost this pre-season, since the last lockout, and how they are 100% committed to not losing any games, but they basically are saying to the PA, "Take our deal or we are not talking".

It took them two weeks to finally start formal sessions since the lockout officially took place.

Labor troubles take two sides and there will always be more going on than is released in the media.

In an effort to avoid a lockout the owners asked the players to accept a one year extension of the current agreement with the 7% (50% versus 57%) being placed in escrow. The NHLPA dismissed the offer even though a lockout will cost the players more.

It's a regrettable situation and it doesn't appear either side is motivated to end the lockout quickly.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Happy Start Date to the NHL regular season..... oh wait... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ seriously tragic.

Gary Bettman needs to get taken out back and shot. He has done such an awful job with hockey and is pretty much the reason for this most recent lockout. His ego and obsession with putting teams in unsustainable markets is destroying hockey. Combine that with his overall weasel like looks and actions, "hockey fans will be back". What a [inappropriate/removed], 3 lockouts during his time as commissioner. Hockey needs to dissolve like 5 or 6 teams and just implement a soft cap like basketball.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
^ seriously tragic.

Gary Bettman needs to get taken out back and shot. He has done such an awful job with hockey and is pretty much the reason for this most recent lockout. His ego and obsession with putting teams in unsustainable markets is destroying hockey. Combine that with his overall weasel like looks and actions, "hockey fans will be back". What a [inappropriate/removed], 3 lockouts during his time as commissioner. Hockey needs to dissolve like 5 or 6 teams and just implement a soft cap like basketball.

That would make to much sense, even though it will never happen. They need to move the southern markets up north or just abolish them. I would say 4 so you have 13 teams in each league and cutting the playoff format down to 6 teams in each league.

So [inappropriate/removed] pissed off, Blues should be playing the Avs in about 9 hours but the NHL is ran by a god damn weasel -.

I didn't realize this, but it would take 3/4 of the owners to over rule Bettman. Only 8 owners needed to vote yes for the locket, how that makes sense is beyond me.

eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NHL owners make new proposal, featuring a 50/50 revenue split and no salary rollbacks. Fehr calls it an "excellent start".

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=407490

Quote:
The NHL put a new offer on the bargaining table for the NHL Players' Association on Tuesday morning, which includes a 50/50 split of hockey-related revenue across the board and contingent on an 82-game season beginning Nov. 2.

"We hope we've given our best shot," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters on Tuesday afternoon.

Bettman added that the offer calls for no salary rollback and the revised schedule - if implemented - would see one week of training camp and every team playing an extra regular season game every five weeks.

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said the offer - which is at least six years in length - is an "excellent start" and he would go over it with his membership in a 5pm et conference call.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
NHL owners make new proposal, featuring a 50/50 revenue split and no salary rollbacks. Fehr calls it an "excellent start".

Quote:
The NHL put a new offer on the bargaining table for the NHL Players' Association on Tuesday morning, which includes a 50/50 split of hockey-related revenue across the board and contingent on an 82-game season beginning Nov. 2.

"We hope we've given our best shot," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters on Tuesday afternoon.

Bettman added that the offer calls for no salary rollback and the revised schedule - if implemented - would see one week of training camp and every team playing an extra regular season game every five weeks.

NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said the offer - which is at least six years in length - is an "excellent start" and he would go over it with his membership in a 5pm et conference call.

I have no idea what each side has been asking for, but this sounds like it may be progress...right?

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:

I have no idea what each side has been asking for, but this sounds like it may be progress...right?

Most definitely. I'm trying not to get too optimistic, but the owners dropping their salary rollback demands is huge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Quote:

First hint of some good news at least regarding this mess. Now we'll see how Fehr and the players respond to it. Hopefully they will settle this as soon as possible.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 46 of 58

Jump to: