Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 quarter of the season done.. Guys who should be gone
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
silver_surfer


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 265
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: 1 quarter of the season done.. Guys who should be gone Reply with quote

This offseason we are going to need to clear house with alot of players who are close to 30 or past it.. We need to draft well and free cap space from underachievers



Here's my list on guys on thin ice
Carson Palmer- due for over 13 million, doesn't put points on the board, only 5 tds threw 4 games. IDC if you throw for 5000 yards in a season, I'll rather have a qb who throws over 20 tds

Richard Seymour- dude is old, makes too much.. Cut him, if he wants to come back for cheap so be it

Shawntee Spencer and Hansen are old and suck...

Tommy Kelly- might the end of the road for Tommy K. I feel the scheme maybe holding him back

Trollsen- makes Jarvis Moss look like an upgrade.. where's the pass rush

Cooper Carisle- dude is old, need some new blood

Barnes- below average

Mikie Huff- I always been one of his fans.. True Raider but I wouldn't cry if we went another direction

Giodarno- too slow for my liking

A couple guys need to show their worth sometime as in rather soon
Bergstorm, Willie Smith, Taiwan Jones, Mike Goodsen, Crawford, Pat Lee, McClain, Brandian Ross, Aaron Curry, Andre Carter


o btw.. Give Houston some run in Seymours spot to phase him out.. And get rid of Knapp of course
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tacos


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 1280
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your in-depth analysis, you are a strong contributor to these forums.

I do agree that Seymour needs to retire and TK needs to impress. Problem is, we're thin at everything and it would be foolish to get rid of some of these guys.

Carson can't just go and put points on the board, he's in a limited WCO with no run game. What do you want him to do? He's playing to the scheme, he's like JC last year but with a better deep ball. How everyone loved JC when he did it but despise Carson for this makes me want to kick puppies. I'm by no means a Carson fan but the guy has been decent and you can't blame anything this season on him so far.

How Mike Goodson (there's an 'O' in his last name, not an 'E', stop misspelling it) needs to prove anything is beyond me. I'm 100% certain we'd do better with him at running back than Darren with this scheme.

We need starters and depth at most positions, sadly. Safety is the only area I think we're at least mediocre in on defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 5010
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamar Houston, Miles Burris, Jared Veldheer, Wiz Jr, Denarius Moore and Marquett King are the only guys that should be "safe". Everyone else, i don't really care

Guys who need to go...

Seymour and Kelly, they have literally done nothing
_________________


http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=455940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silver_surfer


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 265
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Love your in-depth analysis, you are a strong contributor to these forums.

I do agree that Seymour needs to retire and TK needs to impress. Problem is, we're thin at everything and it would be foolish to get rid of some of these guys.

Carson can't just go and put points on the board, he's in a limited WCO with no run game. What do you want him to do? He's playing to the scheme, he's like JC last year but with a better deep ball. How everyone loved JC when he did it but despise Carson for this makes me want to kick puppies. I'm by no means a Carson fan but the guy has been decent and you can't blame anything this season on him so far.

How Mike Goodson (there's an 'O' in his last name, not an 'E', stop misspelling it) needs to prove anything is beyond me. I'm 100% certain we'd do better with him at running back than Darren with this scheme.

We need starters and depth at most positions, sadly. Safety is the only area I think we're at least mediocre in on defense.



I'm hope on D

Houston can move over DT take over for Seymour
Keep Kelly one more year as NT- maybe draft one in the mid rounds ( should of drafted Josh Chapman instead of a 29 year old raw guard ( that was stupid)

Shaugnessy can hold one down DE spot.. Hopefully Carter brings something to the table and he can be a nice reserve and pass rush specialist

Other DE spot-- we need to bring a stud Pass rusher

Linebacking core
McClain shows flashes he will be brought back hopefully he gets better
Wheeler- is actually having a solid season
Hopefully Curry can bring something to the table
Burris has flashed potential jury still out if he is a starter, wish we would blitz him more

Corners- I hope we can sign two solid starters..Hopefully Bartell comes back strong(doubt it).. Could just 2 to 3 good players not great.. I'll rather have a great d line or pass rusher

Safety I'll bring Huff back as the VET. Why don't coaches learn he is not a corner!!! Gio whatever sucks...

Branch is good not great... Safety isn't the weakness
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silver_surfer


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 265
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Lamar Houston, Miles Burris, Jared Veldheer, Wiz Jr, Denarius Moore and Marquett King are the only guys that should be "safe". Everyone else, i don't really care

Guys who need to go...

Seymour and Kelly, they have literally done nothing



Forgot about Lechler.. Paying 4 million for a punter is a luxury we can afford. I'll rather just use that money as a proportion of landing some REAL impact players on defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sonic Raider


Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 626
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add Rolando McClain to the list of guys needed to be cut. I gave him this year to see if he can do anything and he is so slow and running into the wrong gap and when he is on the field he looks like he doesn't care. I want guys who are willing to give it their all out on the field and will do anythign to stay out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
silver_surfer


Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 265
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Love your in-depth analysis, you are a strong contributor to these forums.

I do agree that Seymour needs to retire and TK needs to impress. Problem is, we're thin at everything and it would be foolish to get rid of some of these guys.

Carson can't just go and put points on the board, he's in a limited WCO with no run game. What do you want him to do? He's playing to the scheme, he's like JC last year but with a better deep ball. How everyone loved JC when he did it but despise Carson for this makes me want to kick puppies. I'm by no means a Carson fan but the guy has been decent and you can't blame anything this season on him so far.

How Mike Goodson (there's an 'O' in his last name, not an 'E', stop misspelling it) needs to prove anything is beyond me. I'm 100% certain we'd do better with him at running back than Darren with this scheme.

We need starters and depth at most positions, sadly. Safety is the only area I think we're at least mediocre in on defense.



When Palmer is letting the ball fly, we lose our identity... In regards to Campbell, l he knew his role, and the the team was McFaddencentric. Palmer thinks he can put the team on his back to move chains so he audibles to try to make a play.. He has proven that leads to pretty flashy stats but has no impact on victories. Quarterbacks like Romo, and Palmer just can't get the job done when it matters..


THREE WORDS
ZERO PLAYOFF WINS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelawoffices


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 16386
Location: My smugness is just unhinged right now
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, if we get rid of Palmer, who do you suggest starts at QB?

I don't get why Spencer has to go, either.
_________________
Pourin' salt in my sugar won't make yours any sweeter
Pissin' in my yard ain't gonna make yours any greener
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sonic Raider


Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 626
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Alright, if we get rid of Palmer, who do you suggest starts at QB?

I don't get why Spencer has to go, either.


My guess is Matt Leinart since he has experience in the same system Greg Knapp brought here from Houston. But I also want to see how Terrelle Pryor does.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrashMan510


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 5010
Location: Bay Area
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Love your in-depth analysis, you are a strong contributor to these forums.

I do agree that Seymour needs to retire and TK needs to impress. Problem is, we're thin at everything and it would be foolish to get rid of some of these guys.

Carson can't just go and put points on the board, he's in a limited WCO with no run game. What do you want him to do? He's playing to the scheme, he's like JC last year but with a better deep ball. How everyone loved JC when he did it but despise Carson for this makes me want to kick puppies. I'm by no means a Carson fan but the guy has been decent and you can't blame anything this season on him so far.

How Mike Goodson (there's an 'O' in his last name, not an 'E', stop misspelling it) needs to prove anything is beyond me. I'm 100% certain we'd do better with him at running back than Darren with this scheme.

We need starters and depth at most positions, sadly. Safety is the only area I think we're at least mediocre in on defense.



When Palmer is letting the ball fly, we lose our identity... In regards to Campbell, l he knew his role, and the the team was McFaddencentric. Palmer thinks he can put the team on his back to move chains so he audibles to try to make a play.. He has proven that leads to pretty flashy stats but has no impact on victories. Quarterbacks like Romo, and Palmer just can't get the job done when it matters..

THREE WORDS
ZERO PLAYOFF WINS


If Jason Campbell was our starting QB this year we would be 0-3 and, by far, the favorites to have the #1 pick
_________________


http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=455940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nbaker1933


Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 2074
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gio is a great back up safety. dude gets so much hate its not even funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1461
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1 quarter of the season done.. Guys who should be gone Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
This offseason we are going to need to clear house with alot of players who are close to 30 or past it.. We need to draft well and free cap space from underachievers

Here's my list on guys on thin ice
Carson Palmer- due for over 13 million, doesn't put points on the board, only 5 tds threw 4 games. IDC if you throw for 5000 yards in a season, I'll rather have a qb who throws over 20 tds

Richard Seymour- dude is old, makes too much.. Cut him, if he wants to come back for cheap so be it

Shawntee Spencer and Hansen are old and suck...

Tommy Kelly- might the end of the road for Tommy K. I feel the scheme maybe holding him back

Trollsen- makes Jarvis Moss look like an upgrade.. where's the pass rush

Cooper Carisle- dude is old, need some new blood

Barnes- below average

Mikie Huff- I always been one of his fans.. True Raider but I wouldn't cry if we went another direction

Giodarno- too slow for my liking

A couple guys need to show their worth sometime as in rather soon
Bergstorm, Willie Smith, Taiwan Jones, Mike Goodsen, Crawford, Pat Lee, McClain, Brandian Ross, Aaron Curry, Andre Carter


o btw.. Give Houston some run in Seymours spot to phase him out.. And get rid of Knapp of course


You really don't like Carson Palmer do you...............

I really don't know how much more the guy could have done so far, pulled the Steelers win out of nothing, has limited his INTs like everyone hoped and has played really well despite the system and no running game. Is good for another 2 seasons at least

I think Seymour is on his way out after this season anyway so thats one we agree on, creates room for Bryant or Houston inside

Spencer and Bartell looked like they could be solid so I wouldn't let either go if they both get back to fitness, Hanson hasn't been here long and could be let go if we find an upgrade in the draft of FA

Tollefson hasn't shown a lot but i'd keep him on as depth at least

Cooper Carlisle is a stop gap while Bergstrom learns, hopefully Berg moves in later in the season and holds his own, if not we will need an upgrade anyway as i can't see Coop having another year in him

Barnes should be let go only if we have a suitable replacement and we're staying ZBS, he's done ok the last couple of years in the PBS

Giordano takes a lot of stick but is a decent backup, no need to create extra roster holes, Huff is not my idea of a 'True Raider' in the Tatum/Atkinson mold of safeties, still he is decent and no need to create holes again

McClain, TKO, McFadden are my guys on the cliff edge. I love Dmac but if we're sticking with a ZBS he's not suited and unless he can prove this year he can succeed in it he's a waste and probably our most valuable trade assett if he can stay healthy. TKO wants to get after the QB and penetrate up the middle which is not what this defence is about, again he's a big earner and not suited to what we are appearing to do. McClain has simply underperformed and will be gone if he doesn't up his game

We simply can't offload a ton of players as we dont have the resources to upgrade many positions. I personally wouldn't off load a player unless i was pretty sure i could upgrade, getting rid of someone you know is not great but can be decent in the hope of finding someone out of the blue is not the way to go.
_________________
"The fire that burns brightest in the Raiders organization is the will to win."
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5674
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge amount depends on salary and cap hit. Makes no sense releasing guys if we still have to take their salary on the cap.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 13420
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonic Raider wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
Alright, if we get rid of Palmer, who do you suggest starts at QB?

I don't get why Spencer has to go, either.


My guess is Matt Leinart since he has experience in the same system Greg Knapp brought here from Houston. But I also want to see how Terrelle Pryor does.


Shut up, Sonic.

Palmer doesn't need to leave. Best player on our team, get ovah it!!!

Seriously, get rid of everything except Palmer, Leinart, and Veldheer on the offense and everyone except Wheeler, Burris, and the line on defense.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 13420
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:
Gio is a great back up safety. dude gets so much hate its not even funny.


LOL "great"? How? "Great" at not defending well? "Great" at not being a solid tackler? "Great" at taking poor angles? I agree on that "great".
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group