Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ya got me in stitches!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm surprised no one has gorier stories to tell here. no abdominal surgeries? long gashes? brain transplants?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I had stitches one time. I cut my finger open trying to catch a falling root beer bottle at the grocery store I worked at. Needless to say, that was my first and last experience doing that.

Was the bottle already broken? I'm trying to work this out in my head, and I'm not understanding how you cut your finger that way. Question

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

pHaT_dEsI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 5 I got hit by a Motorbike crossing the street after school, head hit a drive way and had stitches on the back of my head.

When I was 8, I was swinging on the monkey bars, tried skipping a bar but missed and broke my wrist. Have a 4 inch scar on my wrist.

When I was 10 I had an infected appendix so had to get that taken out, so now have a 6 inch scar on my stomach.

When I was 12 I was riding my bike with a friend and my wheel spoke got caught in his bike peg, I flip over the handles and busted my eyebrow and chin.

Since then I have been pain free.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst weekend of my life:

Saturday: At the gym with some friends playing basketball. Start fooling around and having a game on one of the little kid hoops in the corner. My friend comes driving at me and I'm getting ready to go up and block it but I had backed up too much and when I jumped up to swat it my head smashed in to the rim, right into one of the jagged parts.

Sunday: Giants win the Super Bowl...

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...not sure if I can count how many I have had. Two of the three knee surgeries were arthroscopic, so no need for stitches; However, the patella tendon had to be butterflied up, so I had about 75 staple stitches in there.

Outside of that, I've actually needed a bunch more:

- I had ten in the right side of my temple after falling off my bike and catching the metal end of my handlebar into it (there's a little dimple on the side of my head, not even noticable). Was about 11 or so when that happened.

- I had about 25 in my right leg when I slipped off my bike and the bike peddle caught into the lower part of my calf, ripping the leg wide open (my mom said she saw the bone in my leg when I did it, but I lucked out and didn't have any muscle, tendon or ligament damage). I missed a few days of school after that one. I was six when that happened, and I was freaking out, as was everyone else in my family.

- I had about 15 in my right leg directly on my shin - I was about 3 years old when that happened, and to this day we have no idea how I did it. My sister and I were in the living room, and my mom was getting ready to go to work that night, and my sister just looked at my leg and screamed. Got patched up, never spoke of it again.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohr wrote:
Happened like three weeks ago, I got my finger caught in an industrial sized cheese grater.

Need 7 stitches to resow the tip of my finger back on.

I hate it when that happens.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
I split my chin on this metal half sphere thing you could climb to the top of when I was like 4. And I barely even cried.

Certified BA over here!

I try not to brag about it.

Legit I split my chin once when I fell on the road riding my bike. I finished crying outside because I didn't want my mom to be mad at me for riding my bike.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i'm surprised no one has gorier stories to tell here. no abdominal surgeries? long gashes? brain transplants?

Well for my hand surgery I had to get a tumor that was wrapped around a tendon cut out. That's kinda gory right?

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one scare that runs parallel with my jaw. I was five years old and it was Christmas time, so I was under the Christmas tree messing with the lights and ornaments. I made the mistake of crawling under the nearby recliner (where my dad was sitting), which was when my dad closed the recliner's legs on my head. A metal bar went into my head (again, just above, and parallel with the jawbone) and wha-la, now there's a big scar.

No stitches though. =D
I think we were too poor for stitches or something :/
Mohr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Mohr wrote:
Happened like three weeks ago, I got my finger caught in an industrial sized cheese grater.

Needed 7 stitches to resow the tip of my finger back on.

I'm pretty sure you are trying to make fun of me, but i can't tell if it happened to you or not.

[quote="Silver&Black88"]
IS SHE STUPID WITH THE LIGHTS OFF?!?[/quote]
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might need surgery on my pinkie because I may torn ligaments in it when it dislocated. Might get a stitch or two from that, but that'll have to wait until footballs over.

I've had a stick (about 1.5 feet long, maybe 2-3 inches around) thrown into my eye socket. Laughing luckily the way it was thrown it missed my eye and didn't do any permadamage. But, the best part (to me) was that I covered my eye with my wrist/palm area and blood had been rushing out do fast that it squirted to the top of my hand.

I have a sideways nose, but I don't know how I broke it.

I've had multiple surgeries but for like tonsil removal and other stupid stuff. <3 morphine Very Happy
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohr wrote:
milanb wrote:
Mohr wrote:

I'm pretty sure you are trying to make fun of me, but i can't tell if it happened to you or not.
An industrial cheese grater sounds really fake. That's probably why he's making fun if you.

R.I.P. Stylish
Mohr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Mohr wrote:
milanb wrote:
Mohr wrote:

An industrial cheese grater sounds really fake. That's probably why he's making fun if you.

Like this, but with a bigger motor/ shredder.

[quote="Silver&Black88"]
IS SHE STUPID WITH THE LIGHTS OFF?!?[/quote]
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohr wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Mohr wrote:
milanb wrote:
Mohr wrote:

Like this, but with a bigger motor/ shredder.

Well that makes for a great story. But you should make it better and say the cheese tasted great. Laughing

R.I.P. Stylish
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Checking in.

Summer after 6th grade my appendix ruptured on the way up to NY to visit family. spent a week in the big hospital in Baltimore for that one [can't remember the name...]

Then in 7th grade I ended up spending 5 weeks at Arnold Palmer in Orlando. Adhesions from my appendix surgery ended up wrapping around my bowels. Took two separate exploratory surgeries to figure out what was wrong. Those are like half an inch each. The surgery to fix it left a good 5-5 inch scar running down from my belly button. And while they were doing that they found a hernia on each side of my groin. Had those removed the day after 7th grade ended. Probably about 3 inch scars from those surgeries.

I graduated high school in 09, so that was all when I was 12/13.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: