Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LFFFKL 2012 Discussion Thread: Keepers Lock July 25th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 83, 84, 85  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of partial to my keepers as well.

Wink

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
There is no way I would keep RGIII. And I don't find that to be an insane set of keepers TBH. With a couple exceptions, I see keepers pretty even in this league. I have 2 top 10 picks on my roster and if Richardson keeps it up, he will be next year as well. Although oddly, last week when I looked, Doug Martin's ADP is higher than Richardson's right now. I still haven't figured out why.

RG3 is the top scoring player, even if he has a Cam Newton finish, he will be higher rated next year than Cam was this year. Not to keep him is stupid, and if I had to chose between the two I would keep him over Brees. He likely has 3 top 15 picks and Julio or Marshal are last 2nd early thirds.

And Doug Martin's ADP was higher because Richardson was hurt the last month of drafts. People shied away from him and went for the hot name of the week in Martin. And the way Matthews has played and been hurt again, his value has taken a big hit.

ADP based on past week, has nothing to do with last week of drafts because they are still going. Leagues are still starting up until about 6th week of season.

Mathews keeper value has not changed. His value may have changed for you, but not the rest of the world. He is a top 10 pick in redraft PPR leagues for the past week. Martin was around 25, Richardson was around 30. Brees top 5.

And right now Richardson is a top 5 scoring RB. @20yo and nothing but better days coming, there is no way a top 5 back in his rookie season is not a top 10 pick next year.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
There is no way I would keep RGIII. And I don't find that to be an insane set of keepers TBH. With a couple exceptions, I see keepers pretty even in this league. I have 2 top 10 picks on my roster and if Richardson keeps it up, he will be next year as well. Although oddly, last week when I looked, Doug Martin's ADP is higher than Richardson's right now. I still haven't figured out why.

RG3 is the top scoring player, even if he has a Cam Newton finish, he will be higher rated next year than Cam was this year. Not to keep him is stupid, and if I had to chose between the two I would keep him over Brees. He likely has 3 top 15 picks and Julio or Marshal are last 2nd early thirds.

And Doug Martin's ADP was higher because Richardson was hurt the last month of drafts. People shied away from him and went for the hot name of the week in Martin. And the way Matthews has played and been hurt again, his value has taken a big hit.

ADP based on past week, has nothing to do with last week of drafts because they are still going. Leagues are still starting up until about 6th week of season.

Mathews keeper value has not changed. His value may have changed for you, but not the rest of the world. He is a top 10 pick in redraft PPR leagues for the past week. Martin was around 25, Richardson was around 30. Brees top 5.

And right now Richardson is a top 5 scoring RB. @20yo and nothing but better days coming, there is no way a top 5 back in his rookie season is not a top 10 pick next year.

check the basketball thread in the fantasy forum if you haven't already, we may have someone interested in being 1 of the 2 replacements.

/back to football

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Where do you find ADP for just the last week? Any league starting now I wouldnt have any faith or trust in their rankings. Football fans who watch and care about fantasy football have done their leagues by now.

Yes Richardson is a solid pick, and will likely be a top pick if he keeps it up as well. He is likely more valuable than Matthews by a long shot. Matthews value was shakey before getting hurt this year and even more so since, especially in keeper formats. Since returning he has been unspectacular. To say his value hasnt taken a hit is ridiculous. Martin's value is dropping weekly as well. He needs a strong finish to be a top 4 round pick next year.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:

Wink

Mine are flipping awful except for Hakeem Nicks--who can't even seem to get on the field. I guess Nelson is okay, but he's not even in the top ten at his position. I guess Darren Sproles is probably a good keeper too--I'm surprised he got back into the draft.

It sucks, I had one year where I drafted like three breakout players, and since then I've had pretty rough sledding with my upside picks. Shane Vereen, Isaac Redman, and Roy Helu have all been worthless. Kenny Britt had a huge start to last year and hasn't really been able to make an impact yet this year.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
1King wrote:

Wink

Mine are flipping awful except for Hakeem Nicks--who can't even seem to get on the field. I guess Nelson is okay, but he's not even in the top ten at his position. I guess Darren Sproles is probably a good keeper too--I'm surprised he got back into the draft.

It sucks, I had one year where I drafted like three breakout players, and since then I've had pretty rough sledding with my upside picks. Shane Vereen, Isaac Redman, and Roy Helu have all been worthless. Kenny Britt had a huge start to last year and hasn't really been able to make an impact yet this year.

Nelson and Sproles were two players I would have given quite a bit for. It's crazy how things in fantasy shift from year to year.

Team Stylish
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
1King wrote:

Wink

Nelson and Sproles were two players I would have given quite a bit for. It's crazy how things in fantasy shift from year to year.

Both had freak years last year. Sproles scored 191 standard points on 173 offensive touches, which is a ridiculous ratio. Nelson scored 15 TDs on only 68 catches (and averaged almost 19 yards a catch). I can't say I didn't expect both to come back down to earth, but Nelson hasn't been very good and Sproles didn't even log a carry until week 3 (although he's still getting 5+ catches a week and getting good yardage).

This is a frustrating league.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Where do you find ADP for just the last week? Any league starting now I wouldnt have any faith or trust in their rankings. Football fans who watch and care about fantasy football have done their leagues by now.

Yes Richardson is a solid pick, and will likely be a top pick if he keeps it up as well. He is likely more valuable than Matthews by a long shot. Matthews value was shakey before getting hurt this year and even more so since, especially in keeper formats. Since returning he has been unspectacular. To say his value hasnt taken a hit is ridiculous. Martin's value is dropping weekly as well. He needs a strong finish to be a top 4 round pick next year.

On the contrary. Alot of hardcore FFrs wait until the first weeks of the season. And they have a better idea of each players true value now and the ADPs are far more accurate than they were before the season started.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
On the contrary. Alot of hardcore FFrs wait until the first weeks of the season. And they have a better idea of each players true value now and the ADPs are far more accurate than they were before the season started.

Wait. "Hardcore FFrs" wait until the first weeks are over, so they have a better understanding of who's legit and who isn't? Isn't that part of FF? If they need that "head start", I question how "hardcore" they are.

Team Stylish
1King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
1King wrote:

Wink

I didn't want to let Sproles go, but I wasn't going to keep him over Foster, Forte, Marshall, or Julio.

El ramster wrote:

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Wait. "Hardcore FFrs" wait until the first weeks are over, so they have a better understanding of who's legit and who isn't? Isn't that part of FF? If they need that "head start", I question how "hardcore" they are.

No, some of us enjoy that. But knowing every players "true value" makes the draft more intriguing to alot of people.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

No, some of us enjoy that. But knowing every players "true value" makes the draft more intriguing to alot of people.

A lot of people who don't know football.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
Wow what a comeback on Monday to knock IMO the best team to 1-3 on the season

Bryant with 205 and Witten with 302 after trailing by 429 points going into monday night Laughing

Two important points.

1. I am 3-1
2. I faced 1King

Peyton Manning, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Rob Gronkowski > Any keepers in this league

Laughing

Whatever gets you through the day brother.

Feel free to show me a team with a better 4 set of keepers

Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, Larry Fitzgerald, Dwayne Bowe? Eh maybe Bowe/McFadden aren't quite up to par yet. Wink
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Hardly. Sounds like a comment meant to pump yourself up.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

Hardly. Sounds like a comment meant to pump yourself up.

Eh. If you need to know how players are going to play before you draft them, you aren't really playing fantasy football.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 60 of 85

Jump to: