Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dexter (Season 6!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Throwing this out there been thinking it since last season... Jamies boyfriend is Brian Moser's son. So Dexter's nephew

He seems too old to be his son.

Gave the theory to my wife, and she said the same thing. If you think about it, he's not too old.

He's an intern out of college, which puts him at 21-23. Dexter is late 30's to early 40's. Brian was older. It's not unlikely that an 18-20yr old could have a kid. Since crazy runs in the family.....

Yea, it's close but possible...especially considering Brian was kinda out on his own its not crazy that he could've had a kid even earlier. But I think the fan who feels slighted angle is more likely at this point.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:
Throwing this out there been thinking it since last season... Jamies boyfriend is Brian Moser's son. So Dexter's nephew

Gave the theory to my wife, and she said the same thing. If you think about it, he's not too old.

He's an intern out of college, which puts him at 21-23. Dexter is late 30's to early 40's. Brian was older. It's not unlikely that an 18-20yr old could have a kid. Since crazy runs in the family.....

Yea, it's close but possible...especially considering Brian was kinda out on his own its not crazy that he could've had a kid even earlier. But I think the fan who feels slighted angle is more likely at this point.

I think i he's a fan too, but I like the theories. Makes it more fun when they throw a twist at you.

So if he is a fan, how'd he find out? When he came in as the intern, he was already latched on to Dexter.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Dus10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Solid first episode. Surprised they ACTUALLY covered all the loose ends in the writing. Really surprised, actually. Impressed, even. They haven't written that tightly in ages.

My only gripe was the LaGuerta storyline. That was awkwardly placed. Think it would've been better if she found it later on. She got all weird and secretive about the blood slide from her introduction into the episode which was really odd. She had no reason to act so secretive about it at all...and if she was going to act secretive they could have at least tacked on a scene about how the slide reminded her of Doakes. Eh. Whatever. Still a good episode, looking forward to what happens next.

Oh yeah, I did feel like they moved pretty fast with Deb finding out so much so quickly, but it didn't make the episode any worse. It actually made it a lot better. I just hope they haven't shown their cards too quickly with this one. I'm not quite ready to delve into the 'serial killer of the season' quite yet. Clearly the best story line will be Dexter and Deb.

did you not watch the entire episode? She wasn't secretive about it from the beginning. She picked it up and told some low level crime scene guy to make sure it got catalouged in with the other evidence. Later she talked to masuka about blood slides and he brought up that only Doakes ever did that but that was because of his "serial killer on the side job".

No, I only watched that scene and decided to post my disdain for the episode at hand...Rolling Eyes

The entire story was done poorly. First and foremost, since when does LaGuerta have laser vision to see the partial blood slide in the vent? Then awkwardly goes out of her way to pick it up and make sure it's logged in. Why does she have any interest in the evidence in one of Deb's cases as it is? You know they hate each other.

She wasn't secretive about it? Really? She came into the office with an agenda -- questioning Masuka about the evidence and blood slides (with a clear investment in the blood slide she found.) She proceeds to steal the blood slide she found. The way it was set up, it seemed like that was her plan all along. What's awkward about it is until Masuka mentioned Doakes she'd given no indication (to the viewers) as to why she'd care about the blood slide in the first place. Why is LaGuerta seeming so interested and secretive about a blood slide when the reasoning behind her interest wasn't even justified until she questioned Masuka about the evidence towards the end of the episode? The writing didn't add up.

Re-watch season 2 immediately.

You've forgotten that LaGuerta never bought into the idea of Doakes being the butcher and that his death had an affect on her. Remember her trying to start the fund raiser?

She saw the slide and I imagine she saw an opportunity to reopen the case. That's the motive behind her actions IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that Deb found out about Dexter at the end of the episode. I was already tired of her wondering if he was a serial killer or not.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Solid first episode. Surprised they ACTUALLY covered all the loose ends in the writing. Really surprised, actually. Impressed, even. They haven't written that tightly in ages.

My only gripe was the LaGuerta storyline. That was awkwardly placed. Think it would've been better if she found it later on. She got all weird and secretive about the blood slide from her introduction into the episode which was really odd. She had no reason to act so secretive about it at all...and if she was going to act secretive they could have at least tacked on a scene about how the slide reminded her of Doakes. Eh. Whatever. Still a good episode, looking forward to what happens next.

Oh yeah, I did feel like they moved pretty fast with Deb finding out so much so quickly, but it didn't make the episode any worse. It actually made it a lot better. I just hope they haven't shown their cards too quickly with this one. I'm not quite ready to delve into the 'serial killer of the season' quite yet. Clearly the best story line will be Dexter and Deb.

did you not watch the entire episode? She wasn't secretive about it from the beginning. She picked it up and told some low level crime scene guy to make sure it got catalouged in with the other evidence. Later she talked to masuka about blood slides and he brought up that only Doakes ever did that but that was because of his "serial killer on the side job".

No, I only watched that scene and decided to post my disdain for the episode at hand...Rolling Eyes

The entire story was done poorly. First and foremost, since when does LaGuerta have laser vision to see the partial blood slide in the vent? Then awkwardly goes out of her way to pick it up and make sure it's logged in. Why does she have any interest in the evidence in one of Deb's cases as it is? You know they hate each other.

She wasn't secretive about it? Really? She came into the office with an agenda -- questioning Masuka about the evidence and blood slides (with a clear investment in the blood slide she found.) She proceeds to steal the blood slide she found. The way it was set up, it seemed like that was her plan all along. What's awkward about it is until Masuka mentioned Doakes she'd given no indication (to the viewers) as to why she'd care about the blood slide in the first place. Why is LaGuerta seeming so interested and secretive about a blood slide when the reasoning behind her interest wasn't even justified until she questioned Masuka about the evidence towards the end of the episode? The writing didn't add up.

Re-watch season 2 immediately.

You've forgotten that LaGuerta never bought into the idea of Doakes being the butcher and that his death had an affect on her. Remember her trying to start the fund raiser?

She saw the slide and I imagine she saw an opportunity to reopen the case. That's the motive behind her actions IMO.
Obviously that's her motive, but what I'm saying is that the episode failed to address this topic early enough.

There was obviously a motive behind LaGuerta going into the blood room and questioning Masuka on blood slides -- she wanted that piece of evidence and she wanted to re-open the Bay Harbor Butcher case to clear Doakes name. The Bay Harbor Butcher using blood slides is such a miniscule fact in the several seasons of Dexter that the writers should have given some sort of indication that this was LaGuerta's thinking sooner than later. The result of their misjudgment this is her scenes looking sloppy and tacked on.

If you're basing this on my comment about her and Deb, forget that point. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

I think i he's a fan too, but I like the theories. Makes it more fun when they throw a twist at you.

So if he is a fan, how'd he find out? When he came in as the intern, he was already latched on to Dexter.
I don't really remember what happened to Dexter's birth father, but what if his birth father had another son? And this is the intern? It's not completely out of the question.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
MdTitansFan56 wrote:

Sorry Drewby but I call BS. Brian didn't get out of the psych ward til he was 21 and that guy is definitely mid 20s-30s.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Dus10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing clumsy about the episode was the Chicago detective dying. What purpose ultimately did that character serve?

To me it always felt like Quinn's life was hanging in the balance while Chicago detective was alive. With his death and Quinn and Batista's make-up scene, it felt like they decided during the break to keep Quinn and this was their attempt at a pretty bow on top.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:
Only thing clumsy about the episode was the Chicago detective dying. What purpose ultimately did that character serve?

To me it always felt like Quinn's life was hanging in the balance while Chicago detective was alive. With his death and Quinn and Batista's make-up scene, it felt like they decided during the break to keep Quinn and this was their attempt at a pretty bow on top.

Yeah I didn't like that either. Would have been sick for him to get onto Dexter like he was beginning to. Coulda set up the season for Deb & Dexter trying to cover for Dex with Mike(?) hot on the trail with help from LaGuerta.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dus10 wrote:

Not to mention that the actor who played Mike was awesome. I thought he was doing a fantastic job and then - BAM - two awkwardly-timed shots to the chest and it's curtains for him. Terrible narrative decision.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't like the decision to write him out either. Of all the detectives at Miami Metro, he's the only one that's really earned their stripes. The rest of them seems like bumbling idiots as far as detective work is concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Quinn gets iced soon. I can't stand his caked feminine face and trying to play a tough guy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the direction this season is going, we will finally start talking about about how insane Dexter is out in the open. I also hope we figure out that all of "Harry's code" was made up and a figment of his imagination.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Dexter was sitting there watching the blood spread on Louis' neck, the sad look on his face was priceless.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked "Maybe I can get better" and bam "Probably not"

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 82 of 99

Jump to: