Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KT's 1/4 through Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: KT's 1/4 through Mock Offseason Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
What's Detroit's cap situation look like and who are their other free agents? 'Cause I can't see them letting go of Delmas, especially because their secondary already isn't good so it'd be really bad without him. Even if they can't work out a long-term deal with him, I'm sure they'd use the franchise tag on him. However, I'd love to sign Delmas if the Browns were able to do that somehow. FS is arguably Cleveland's biggest need on defense so signing one of Delmas' caliber would be huge for Cleveland's defense.

Not familiar with Phillips at all. The Browns don't need another tight end. I mean, they cut Evan Moore because they had enough tight ends. Why would they cut him just to use up a roster spot for a tight end who would likely rarely see playing time?

Don't see the point in trading Young for a sixth-round pick. He's a decent backup and the Browns need depth at safety. Having a solid backup at a position of need is more valuable than a sixth-round pick.

Not sure if the Browns end up 6-10. It's possible because I think this team is better than some teams who are 1-3 and they will only get better as they grow together.

I haven't seen much of LSU this year, but I've heard both of LSU's DEs have been slightly disappointing. I need to watch him more before I say if I'd like to draft him or not. If Jarvis Jones is available, then he's the player I want most. Especially because this year's DE class is deep so the Browns could possibly get a good one later on in the draft.

Would be very happy to draft Trufant. I don't think Cleveland's cornerbacks are nearly as bad as some make them out to be, but you can never have too many good cornerbacks. Sheldon Brown isn't as bad as some make him out to be, but he's getting old and is obviously regressing. I think Skrine could become a legitimate starter in the future, but that's far from a sure thing. Even if he does, it still wouldn't hurt to add another good cornerback.

Another tight end!? I don't see it happening. The Browns could use that pick more wisely.

The Browns can't go into next season with Lauvao starting, unless he miraculously really improves between now and the end of the season. Honestly, the Browns might go into next season with two new starters at guard because Pinkston hasn't improved as much as I thought he might.

Patterson shouldn't start at cornerback. It's quite clear that he's much better as a nickel back.

Detroit has Cliff Avril still to worry about and they were strapped on cap space this year already. They also have to worry about their starting RT when their Oline is already week. They have a two starting Linebackers, Starting CB, nickle DE, nickle CB, and 2 DTs who are free agents this offseason. Using any kind of Franchise Tag would almost certainly cost them almost all the rest of those free agents on a defense that is already horrible.

TE is a need next year whether you like it or not. Ben Watson and Alex Smith are older and slower and most importantly they are FREE AGENTS. What do you want 2 UDFA scrubs as the #2 and #3 TEs?

Mingo has been a big let down but Montgomery is playing very stout. Sack numbers are not eye popping never the less he is playing great.

Again the bad guard play is over blown.

I'm tired of Browns fans and their garbage woe is me crap. If you don't think we can win 6 games the go burry you head in a hole somewhere.

Jamison on the sig
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
1. The bad guard play is over blown.

2. We don't need a vet reciever and Wallace is unrealistic at best.

3. Delmas is a better overall player than Byrd.

4. I want Phil back who doesn't? I just don't see it happening. We cannot tag him this year by league rules and obviously long term talks are not working out well. Trust me I want him back.

5. We will win 6 games deal with it.

No it's really not. Our pass pro against four or 5 man rush is very good. Outside of that our guards look horrific. Whiffed blocks, failure to pick up a blitz or stunt, bad technique all adds up to Richardson looking avg. Richardson should be leading the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

I will say that Lauvao looks better this year than he did last year but not by much. Pinkston has been the main culprit.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
DawgX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: KT's 1/4 through Mock Offseason Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
DawgX wrote:
What's Detroit's cap situation look like and who are their other free agents? 'Cause I can't see them letting go of Delmas, especially because their secondary already isn't good so it'd be really bad without him. Even if they can't work out a long-term deal with him, I'm sure they'd use the franchise tag on him. However, I'd love to sign Delmas if the Browns were able to do that somehow. FS is arguably Cleveland's biggest need on defense so signing one of Delmas' caliber would be huge for Cleveland's defense.

Not familiar with Phillips at all. The Browns don't need another tight end. I mean, they cut Evan Moore because they had enough tight ends. Why would they cut him just to use up a roster spot for a tight end who would likely rarely see playing time?

Don't see the point in trading Young for a sixth-round pick. He's a decent backup and the Browns need depth at safety. Having a solid backup at a position of need is more valuable than a sixth-round pick.

Not sure if the Browns end up 6-10. It's possible because I think this team is better than some teams who are 1-3 and they will only get better as they grow together.

I haven't seen much of LSU this year, but I've heard both of LSU's DEs have been slightly disappointing. I need to watch him more before I say if I'd like to draft him or not. If Jarvis Jones is available, then he's the player I want most. Especially because this year's DE class is deep so the Browns could possibly get a good one later on in the draft.

Would be very happy to draft Trufant. I don't think Cleveland's cornerbacks are nearly as bad as some make them out to be, but you can never have too many good cornerbacks. Sheldon Brown isn't as bad as some make him out to be, but he's getting old and is obviously regressing. I think Skrine could become a legitimate starter in the future, but that's far from a sure thing. Even if he does, it still wouldn't hurt to add another good cornerback.

Another tight end!? I don't see it happening. The Browns could use that pick more wisely.

The Browns can't go into next season with Lauvao starting, unless he miraculously really improves between now and the end of the season. Honestly, the Browns might go into next season with two new starters at guard because Pinkston hasn't improved as much as I thought he might.

Patterson shouldn't start at cornerback. It's quite clear that he's much better as a nickel back.

Detroit has Cliff Avril still to worry about and they were strapped on cap space this year already. They also have to worry about their starting RT when their Oline is already week. They have a two starting Linebackers, Starting CB, nickle DE, nickle CB, and 2 DTs who are free agents this offseason. Using any kind of Franchise Tag would almost certainly cost them almost all the rest of those free agents on a defense that is already horrible.

TE is a need next year whether you like it or not. Ben Watson and Alex Smith are older and slower and most importantly they are FREE AGENTS. What do you want 2 UDFA scrubs as the #2 and #3 TEs?

Mingo has been a big let down but Montgomery is playing very stout. Sack numbers are not eye popping never the less he is playing great.

Again the bad guard play is over blown.

I'm tired of Browns fans and their garbage woe is me crap. If you don't think we can win 6 games the go burry you head in a hole somewhere.

LOL if you're suggesting that I'm one of those negative fans then you obviously haven't ready any of my posts. I'm one of the only positive people on this forum and I can't stand all of the negativity. I said it's not impossible for the Browns to win six games, but I don't think it's a guarantee that they will, which is what you're making it out to be.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm normally one of the most posative people in here.

6 wins could happen but I'm struggling to see it.

I want to be wrong but currently i see 3-4 wins.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
bulldog wrote:
If we sign a FS, it has to be Byrd.

I will be rooting for his FA signing all season.

*edit for reason*

BUF only has 5 FA's this year that make over $1M. Three of which are right at $1M (Tavaris Jackson, Chad Rhinehart, and Kraig Urbik) Two, Spencer Johnson, has a cap number of $3.5M, and McKelvin at $1.5M. BUF has 13 other FA's (including RFA) that make minimum salaries.

They also have guys like Mark Anderson that gets a $1.1M raise against their cap.

Spiller- $500K raise against the cap
Super Mario- $2.1M
Dareus- $1M
Fitzpatrick- $4.4M
Stevie Johnson- $1.3M
Lindell- $1.1M

So, to start the season, the Bill have an additional $11.5M against the cap (just in those 7 players)

The Bills won't have the cap space to sign Levitrie and/or Byrd.

Why would you want to sign Byrd over Delmas? Delmas is a stud. I understand the teams cap situations but that doesn't mean one will sign and the other won't. If we sign Byrd we better sign DRC too Cool

Delmas is a good player, no doubt, but I think he compared favorably to Ward. I think Byrd is more of the fit that the FO has been looking for at the FS position. Byrd is a fantastic cover safety.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: