Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our receivers suck! Or do they?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Our receivers suck! Or do they? Reply with quote

http://www.hawkblogger.com/

Hawkblogger put some interesting screen shots from the all-22 tape. It kind of makes you wonder...
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share the same points that Hawkblogger makes.

Russell Wilson has missed wide-open players, especially in the Rams game.

*He missed Zach Miller early in the game near the end zone, when he tried to hit Sidney Rice in the end zone (for an incompletion)

*On a near interception to Doug Baldwin on the sideline, he had Golden Tate open who was running up the middle of the field.

*He also had Doug Baldwin open on the INT to Anthony McCoy (it wasn't Wilson's fault though, McCoy was also open)

Our receivers haven't been that bad this season. Zach Miller in particular has been good IMO. He is getting open across the middle, but Russell Wilson obviously struggles with those throws. He is also taking off and not looking to pass when

a) The protection is holding up
b) Receivers are open down the field.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:

*He missed Zach Miller early in the game near the end zone, when he tried to hit Sidney Rice in the end zone (for an incompletion)

*On a near interception to Doug Baldwin on the sideline, he had Golden Tate open who was running up the middle of the field.

*He also had Doug Baldwin open on the INT to Anthony McCoy (it wasn't Wilson's fault though, McCoy was also open)

Our receivers haven't been that bad this season. Zach Miller in particular has been good IMO. He is getting open across the middle, but Russell Wilson obviously struggles with those throws. He is also taking off and not looking to pass when

Maybe he's just not seeing them because he's too ........

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

There has been plenty of rookie QBs that have missed wideopen WRs and it has nothing to do with their height... this is all part of being a rookie..

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Boom!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Russell Wilson is just making rookie mistakes, which are to be expected.

Legion of Boom!
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Wilson missed some guys but i still say outside of Rice our receivers suck still don't blame that INT on Wilson though we don't know what would of happened had McCoy not fell on his butt.
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Yea Wilson missed some guys but i still say outside of Rice our receivers suck still don't blame that INT on Wilson though we don't know what would of happened had McCoy not fell on his butt.

That ball was thrown well behind Baldwin. Yeah, he should have caught it but RW didn't do him any favors. RW has been terrible this season.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

That ball was thrown well behind Baldwin. Yeah, he should have caught it but RW didn't do him any favors. RW has been terrible this season.

Talking about the one thrown to McCoy not the one that got taken away from Baldwin.
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Pithy Radish wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

Talking about the one thrown to McCoy not the one that got taken away from Baldwin.

Yeah my bad.
Pithy Radish

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

There has been plenty of rookie QBs that have missed wideopen WRs and it has nothing to do with their height... this is all part of being a rookie..

This is more pronounced problem with Wilson than most rookie QB's. He'll bail when he does not need to effectively cutting the field in half. He just looks like he is not ready for the NFL right now.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pithy Radish wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

This is more pronounced problem with Wilson than most rookie QB's. He'll bail when he does not need to effectively cutting the field in half. He just looks like he is not ready for the NFL right now.

I'm not going to say Wilson hasn't been skittish in the pocket so far this year, but that's no reason to bench him either.. I say if he go out vs. the Panthers and totally falls apart then we should think about Flynn starting, but is he plays well and then comes home vs. the Patriots and we win that game he should still be the starter, no question about it.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

I would say that his height has played a part in some instances. I can't say for certain though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: