Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
If Harrison twins commit to Maryland I'm thinking there is a good chance of a little NCAA investigation. The whole under armour thing is too obvious to ignore, and even if no evidence pops up, knowing the NCAA they'll investigate anyway. I really have no clue where they'll go at this point, seems 50/50 right now. From what I'm hearing SMU doesn't have a legitimate shot and this is really between UK and Maryland. I really don't like this Aaron Sr., I feel like he wants them to go to Maryland and is having a much bigger influence on their decision then he should. Of course I would love to see the twins go to UK, but that would also mean no Randle. If I had to pick between the two though I'll easily take the twins. Man I'm getting nervous for tonight, one of the biggest decisions of all time.

Oh please. Why would there be an investigation? Because Nike/Adidas are afraid that UA is getting big enough to poach their precious territory? I can 100% guarantee you that Kevin Plank is doing nothing that would drag his company's name, or the school that he loves name through the mud. I worked in the athletic dept. at UMD for four years while attending school there. UA is a very stand up organization molded after the Gary Williams way of doing things.

Mark Turgeon assembled a good team of assistants and recruiters. Kevin Anderson runs a tight ship, there will not be violations.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
BBando wrote:
Bo you still giving us no shot? I'm telling you we have a great shot at getting Randle.

I'm assuming that you're a Kentucky fan? Because Julius Randle is a huge Kentucky lean.
No he isn't.

If you've been reading the latest recruiting tidbits on him, it definitely appears that he is a Kentucky lean right now. Who are you a fan of if you don't mind me asking?
He might be leaning towards UK. He is no where near huge lean. He has already stated that he doesn't want to play with the twins. I mean how do we even know what this kid is thinking. He just knocked out some teams that people thought would be in it for him.

Kentucky is his favorite.

I love Billy Donavan but you have to understand that when it comes to recruiting against Calipari there are other factors involved. *Cough* $$$ *Cough*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Oh please. Why would there be an investigation?
Because who would ever choose lame old Maryland over KENTUCKY. [/sarcasm]

Should be a fun announcement. Kind of amazing that the winner of this sweepstakes has the best backcourt in the country coming their way.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RT @AriWassermanBSB: Devin Williams also has eliminated UCLA. Final 3 are Ohio St, West Virginia and Memphis. #buckeyes #buckbk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overview of 2013 Kentucky Recruits (all of these guys have received official offers from UK)

1. Julius Randle- Top 6
2. Jabari Parker- Top 10
3. Aaron Harrison- Top 3
4. Andrew Harrison- Top 3
5. Aaron Gordon- Top 8
8. James Young- Top 4
15. Marcus Lee- Top 7
29. Tyler Roberson- Top 6
51. Kennedy Meeks- N/A

Hopefully kentucky will be able to land three of these guys and it'll be another great class. I think there is a very real shot of getting 4 of these guys though, especially if they get Harrison's tonight. Wouldn't rule out getting 5 of these guys either. I'm confident that Cal will put up another top class.

Also I wasn't suggesting there should be an investigation, just seems NCAA always looks into the possibility of there being any infraction when it comes to these top recruits, especially here considering it's 2 guys. I'm sure if UK gets them there will be an investigation, but that''s just because they assume Kentucky is dirty (I don't understand why [/sarcasm]), like the NCAAs investigation of Noel was a joke and IMO was simply based on Cal's track record. Noel went on to say the other week that during his recruitment there was a coach that was urging him not to be lured by the "money Kentucky was offering him." Which was purely an assumption on that coaches part, those are plain dirty tactics.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins commit to Kentucky.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentucky needs to add Randle or Wiggins to make this possibly the best class ever. Both would just be amazing.

My expectations are them to land either Randle and James Young or Wiggins and Marcus Lee to compliment the Harrison twins. I'm so torn by this though because I love Randle and Wiggins game so much. It sorta reminds me of how I really wanted UK to land Quincy Miller last year, but hey that ended up working out for the best. #2012NCAAChamps

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calipari is bad for the game. Laughing

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentucky's getting Julius Randle, a reclassified Andrew Wiggins, and Marcus Lee and possibly James Young.

Everyone else just needs to retire during the 2013-2014 season.

G - Andrew Harrison 6'5" 205
G - Aaron Harrison 6'5" 205
F - Andrew Wiggins 6'7" 220
F - Julius Randle 6'9" 230
F - Marcus Lee 6'10" 205

Good luck America, good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
Kentucky needs to add Randle or Wiggins to make this possibly the best class ever. Both would just be amazing.

My expectations are them to land either Randle and James Young or Wiggins and Marcus Lee to compliment the Harrison twins. I'm so torn by this though because I love Randle and Wiggins game so much. It sorta reminds me of how I really wanted UK to land Quincy Miller last year, but hey that ended up working out for the best. #2012NCAAChamps
Is Wiggins going to reclassify?

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Kentucky's getting Julius Randle, a reclassified Andrew Wiggins, and Marcus Lee and possibly James Young.

Everyone else just needs to retire during the 2013-2014 season.

G - Andrew Harrison 6'5" 205
G - Aaron Harrison 6'5" 205
F - Andrew Wiggins 6'7" 220
F - Julius Randle 6'9" 230
F - Marcus Lee 6'10" 205

Good luck America, good luck.

Add in holdovers like

Kyle Wiltjer 5* PF from 2011
Willie Cauley-Stein 4* C from 2012
Jon Hood 4* SF from 2009

Damn it would be insane.

"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:

It was reported that if the twins went to Kentucky Randle wouldn't want to go, so I'd likely rule him out for now unfortunately. I'm hoping that UK gets two of the following guys: Wiggins, Young, Lee, Gordon. I'd be fine with just getting one, which is probably more realistic, plus UK will still have the top class in the country. I really want Wiggins, I'd rather have him alone than a combination of the other guys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:

Not officially, but it is very likely at this point and his decision is coming soon as to whether he will or not. I'd be very shocked if he didn't. I mean who wouldn't want to get their NBA paycheck a year earlier.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:

Most likely. He is the best HS basketball player regardless of class, and one of if not the best HS player since LeBron James. Kentucky and Florida State are the 2 schools to watch in his recruitment.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

Jump to: