Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

alec ogletree ilb
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tree hits like a truck. he's a 6'5" freak athlete at LB. Played safety his whole life before UGA so he's going to excel in coverage throughout his career. his frame can take more weight if that's what he needs as well.
Plat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is listed at 6'3
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogletree has more potential than Te'o, but doesn't necissarily mean he will be better
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Ogletree has more potential than Te'o, but doesn't necissarily mean he will be better
I definitely wouldn't say more potential. I'd say he's more athletic.
nixa37

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

No, he has more potential. The guy was already one of the best ILB in the nation last year in his first season playing the position. In terms of potential, I don't even think it's close. Ogletree is more athletic, he's better in coverage, and he's better at making plays sideline to sideline. Te'o is better in the box, but give Ogletree time to adjust to playing in the box and add more weight (he added ~25 pounds of muscle in the offseason he made the transition and has the frame to hold a lot more) and I think he can at least close that gap. Te'o is much more of a sure thing, but I don't think their particularly close in terms of potential, at least when it comes to 3-4 ILB (Te'o would be better as a 4-3 MLB).
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

No, he has more potential. The guy was already one of the best ILB in the nation last year in his first season playing the position. In terms of potential, I don't even think it's close. Ogletree is more athletic, he's better in coverage, and he's better at making plays sideline to sideline. Te'o is better in the box, but give Ogletree time to adjust to playing in the box and add more weight (he added ~25 pounds of muscle in the offseason he made the transition and has the frame to hold a lot more) and I think he can at least close that gap. Te'o is much more of a sure thing, but I don't think their particularly close in terms of potential, at least when it comes to 3-4 ILB (Te'o would be better as a 4-3 MLB).
Teo is every bit the sideline to sideline player. Ogletree has more potential in coverage based on his athleticism but Teo is no slouch. As far as playing the run it's Teo in a landslide. Ogletree doesnt take on or shed blocks like Teo does either.
nixa37

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

Teo is every bit the sideline to sideline player. Ogletree has more potential in coverage based on his athleticism but Teo is no slouch. As far as playing the run it's Teo in a landslide. Ogletree doesnt take on or shed blocks like Teo does either.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the sideline aspect. As for Ogletree not taking on or shedding blocks like Te'o, like I said, last year was his first time playing the position. I would hope Te'o would be better at techniques that he's been practicing for far longer than Ogletree has.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixa37 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
nixa37 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the sideline aspect. As for Ogletree not taking on or shedding blocks like Te'o, like I said, last year was his first time playing the position. I would hope Te'o would be better at techniques that he's been practicing for far longer than Ogletree has.
So you think Ogletree has more upside just because he hasnt played LB in college as long as Teo? That's a pretty strange reason to think someone has more upside. Did you feel Ryan Tannehill had more upside then Andrew Luck? Tannehill was bigger, faster and has a stronger arm.

I like Ogletree as much as the next guy but I don't think he'll ever become better then Teo.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plat wrote:
He is listed at 6'3
A lot of people are saying he's actually 6'5". Not sure though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: