Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Forum: Pick Ems 2012 W14= Game Tonight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HBKBretHart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: 9-7
Week 2: 7-9
Week 3: 8-8
Overall: 24-24

Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers at New York Jets
Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams
Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons
Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions
San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs
Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans
Cincinnati Bengals at Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals
Washington Redskins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys

Sig Credit: Flaccomania
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 12-3
Overall: 36-27

Thursday

Arizona at St. Louis

Sunday

Miami at Cincinnati
Green Bay at Indianapolis
Baltimore at Kansas City
Atlanta at Washington
Cleveland at NY Giants
Philadelphia at Pittsburgh
Seattle at Carolina
Chicago at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Minnesota
Denver at New England
Buffalo at San Francisco
San Diego at New Orleans

Monday

Houston at NY Jets
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: 7-9
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 10-6
Last Week (4): 10-5* (count was previously off, one extra loss)
Overall: 38-25*

Thu 8:20PM
Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams- The return of the Legatron. This game should have the makings of a defensive struggle and the way I see it, it should come down to who has the better QB and the better scoring special teams. The Rams have the better QB and they have a kicker that can get them points from some of the most outrageous distances. At home, they take this match.

Sun 1:00PM
Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals- AJ Green is just such a dominant force on offense, he's on a tear. The Bengals defense is also getting a lot of pressure up front with their defensive line. But the Dolphins are also an underrated squad at this point. I'm not confident with who takes this, but I'll give the edge to the Bengals as they're at home.

Green Bay Packers @ Indianapolis Colts- The Packers close win last week should be exactly the kind of momentum they need to get rolling. Rodgers hasn't been playing his best ball this season, but the Colts without Pagano could struggle to pick themselves back up if they get into an early hole. And the Packers have the offense to put them there.

Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs- Playing at Arrowhead will prove to be a tough challenge, but the Chiefs defense looks to really be in a struggle. They've been giving up yards on the ground and through the air. Our offense with Flacco leading the way should be able to take advantage of that. Matt Cassel has proven to not be the best decision maker and I expect him to target Ed Reed and Lardarius Webb more than any smart man should... and they'll capitalize on his ineptitude. I think we win this one cleanly.. 23-10.

Atlanta Falcons @ Washington Redskins- This is a trap game. After the divisional battle the Falcons had against the Panthers that they SHOULD have lost (if not for the ineptitude of Nak' in coverage). But they were given a reprieve on their undefeated season. The emotions were high. They're playing a Redskins team whose defense has been devastated by injuries. This should be a blowout, but Shanny will have the Redskins ballin and ready to play. The Skins' will play ball control offense and move the chains, keep the Falcons offense from taking the field as much as they'd like and screw with the rhythm. Redskins take it: 23-21.

Cleveland Browns @ NY Giants- The Giants pass rush will overwhelm Brandon Weeden and they should shutdown the Cleveland running game as well. The Browns defense should impress once again with their effort, but I don't expect it to be nearly enough. The Giants should roll by at least two scores: 24-10.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Pittsburgh Steelers- Big game between enter state "rivals". I expect the game to be a defensive struggle with the Steelers bringing back Troy P and Harrison for this matchup and the Eagles having one of the best pass defense combinations I've ever seen with their ability to rush the passer, defense the short game with their LBs, and their elite secondary unit. The Steelers best bet will be to establish the running game to set up the playaction passes... only problem is, with who do they do it? Their ground game hasn't been going thus far and this will be Mendy's first week off the mends. IFFFFF Vick doesn't screw his team's chances with a bunch of dumb decisions, I expect the Eagles to continue their winning ways. This game should play out a lot like the Eagles- Giants matchup. Close game decided by a field goal or less.

Sun 4:05PM
Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers- Panthers played good enough to win the previous week, but didn't. That's on them for not executing. I expect the Seahawks to go into Carolina and execute defensively. The Panthers, like the Falcons, are a finesse squad, the Hawks' are mean and vicious. In the end, I see the Hawks' temperament prevailing: 20-17.

Chicago Bears @ Jacksonville Jaguars- The Jaguars just look like such a bad team in all phases this season. If they weren't so bad, I could see this being an upset pick... but they are. The Bears should have no problem dismantling the Jags... who I think will have the #1 pick in this upcoming draft (QB) and will spur a rebuilding year with MJD being traded to a contender for either two 3rd round picks and a 4th OR a late 2nd round pick and a 4th. Anyway Bears by two scores.

Sun 4:25PM
Tennessee Titans @ Minnesota Vikings- The Vikings win this. Ponder is managing the game well, Peterson is running hard, and the Vikings in general is a team that is giving a lot of effort. The Titans on the other hand are a team giving minimum- if not any- effort. This could be a blowout.

Danver Broncos @ New England Patriots- If this were a logical, sane pick... it'd probably be the Patriots winning this game- but it's not. This pick is based purely off of me being a Peyton Manning fan and wanting to see him kick some Patriot tale. Because I am biased, I believe he does this, because I am biased, I think they win this close game by a game winning drive orchestrated by the greatest QB of all time- Sir Peyton Manning.

Buffalo Bills @ San Francisco 49ers- Now that the 49ers have the "unbeatable/best team in football" thing off their backs, they can just play football. They proved that last week after they steamrolled the Jets. The Bills aren't much better. I expect them to put up only a slightly more competitive fight and end the game at 37-10.

Sun 8:20PM
San Diego Chargers @ New Orleans Saints- The Saints are playing better recently. I think they are starting to realize the impending doom of potentially ending up a winless team and are fighting for their mantle. The Chargers on the other hand are a team that seems to run hot and cold. I think the Saints have more motivation in this matchup and win the game by a touchdown. They're still getting a top 5-10 pick though. No avoiding that.

Mon 8:30PM
Houston Texans @ NY Jets- Really?? Who wants to see this crappy matchup. Even before the season, it would've been bad, but with the Jets being so horrific a squad, unless the sub in the magical Timmy Tebow (he's a baller and a shot caller...), then they stand no chance. Texans seem like they've had a pretty easy road to this point. The Texans just have to watch out for injuries. They don't want to be banged up with two actually tough opponents coming to town (Packers-Ravens). Texans beat the Jets in a blowout fashion.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Integrity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 11-4
Overall: 35-28

Arizona at St. Louis

Miami at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Kansas City
Atlanta at Washington
Cleveland at NY Giants
Seattle at Carolina
Chicago at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Minnesota
Denver at New England
Buffalo at San Francisco
San Diego at New Orleans

Houston at NY Jets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 8-7
Overall: 35-29

Arizona at St. Louis

Miami at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Kansas City
Atlanta at Washington
Cleveland at NY Giants
Seattle at Carolina
Chicago at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Minnesota
Denver at New England
Buffalo at San Francisco
San Diego at New Orleans

Houston at NY Jets
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 11-4
Overall: 34-29

Arizona at St. Louis

Miami at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Kansas City
Atlanta at Washington
Cleveland at NY Giants
Seattle at Carolina
Chicago at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Minnesota
Denver at New England
Buffalo at San Francisco
San Diego at New Orleans

Houston at NY Jets[/quote]

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

HBKBretHart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 4: 11-4
Overall: 34-28

Arizona at St. Louis
Miami at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Kansas City
Atlanta at Washington
Cleveland at NY Giants
Seattle at Carolina
Chicago at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Minnesota
Denver at New England
Buffalo at San Francisco
San Diego at New Orleans
Houston at NY Jets

RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 9-7
Overall: 28-36

Arizona at St. Louis - FORFEITED

Miami at Cincinnati
Baltimore at Kansas City
Atlanta at Washington
Cleveland at NY Giants
Seattle at Carolina
Chicago at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Minnesota
Denver at New England
Buffalo at San Francisco
San Diego at New Orleans

Houston at NY Jets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 11-3
Overall: 46-31

Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Oakland at Atlanta
Dallas at Baltimore
Cincinnati at Cleveland
St Louis at Miami
Indianapolis at New York Jets
Detroit at Philadelphia
Kansas City at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at Arizona
New England at Seattle
New York Giants at San Francisco
Minnesota at Washington
Green Bay at Houston
Denver at San Diego

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 8-8
Overall: 36-44

Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Oakland at Atlanta
Dallas at Baltimore
Cincinnati at Cleveland
St Louis at Miami
Detroit at Philadelphia
Kansas City at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at Arizona
New England at Seattle
Minnesota at Washington
Green Bay at Houston
Denver at San Diego

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 4: 10-5
Last Week (5): 9-5 (meh..)
Overall: 47-30

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Tennessee Titans- The Titans are a mess. The sucky teams are where the Steelers usually trip up, but the Steelers realize their predicament in the AFCN and will likely turn up the intensity... and the Titans are just THAT bad. An upset wouldn't surprise me, but I can't imagine the Steelers being bad enough to be upset by the spiraling Titans.

Oakland Raiders @ Atlanta Falcons- The Raiders defense is simply too pathetic. This is another game that I think could be an upset, but the Falcons DO have an elite passing attack at their disposal. It's either a blowout or I see the Raiders winning a close one. But I'll go with blowout for the Falcons.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns- The Browns have put together a string of close games with teams and are looking like they're making some improvements. The Browns are at home and are returning arguably their best defender in Joe Haden. They take this in a close one: 23-20.

St. Louis Rams @ Miami Dolphins- The Rams are 0-2 on the road and the Dolphins seem to be everyone's en-vogue pick as an upstart playoff team. So naturally advantage Dolphins, right? I think Jeff Fisher has something to say about that. I think Fisher's defense will be just as formidable if not more than the Dolphins, only I trust Sam Bradford more to make plays than I do Ryan Tannehill. I say Rams take it by a score.

Indianapolis Colts @ New York Jets- Both teams in this matchup I think have lesser talented teams, but the difference here is that I believe the Colts have something to rally around. The Colts are also building confidence and trust in each other as a team. The Jets on the other hand are starting to fall apart at the seams. They played the Texans closer than I'd have imagine, but I still don't trust the Jets leadership. I say they lose by a two scores.

Detroit Lions @ Philadelphia Eagles- The Lions are playing some bad football right now. The Eagles on the other hand have the most talented team in the NFL, I suspect the Eagles will establish their dominance. Mike Vick probably keeps the game close with mistakes, but the Eagles should plow through this one.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers- I think the Chiefs with Brady Quinn at the helm and an improving defense bounce back. Freeman is at best average to below. Quinn isn't much better, but I think that he IS better than Freeman and with the Chiefs weapons, if he doesn't turn the ball over with dumb decisions than I think we see him hang onto the starting job until the season is up.

Dallas Cowboys @ Baltimore Ravens- The Ravens are once again at home and are nearly unbeatable there. The Cowboys will be formidable, they have a nice collection of corners to go along with their pass rush. That said, I think Dennis Pitta has a huge game for us here. I'll say we win: 23-17.

Buffalo Bills @ Arizona Cardinals- Cardinals should win this as they're the superior squad. The Cardinals appear to have an identity on both sides of the ball, whereas the Bills seem to still be searching. Cardinals should win comfortably here: 20-10.

New England Patriots @ Seattle Seahawks- The Hawks' will have their 8th man helping them out. They also have the kind of running game that I believe can keep NE off the field and from having too many possession with the football. Pete Caroll is just the kind of unconventional coach that I think could create some struggles for the Patriots.. and sneak by with a win.

Tennessee Titans @ Minnesota Vikings- The Vikings win this. Ponder is managing the game well, Peterson is running hard, and the Vikings in general is a team that is giving a lot of effort. The Titans on the other hand are a team giving minimum- if not any- effort. This could be a blowout.

New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers- The 49ers are perfect at home to this point in the season, they have a balanced offense, and an elite defense attack. I expect the 49ers to get after Eli and win this game. It should be a close one.

Minnesota Vikings @ Washington Redskins- The Redskins are a tough team. They've proven that they're going to compete no matter the game. The Vikings are also starting off incredibly hot, but I don't expect that to continue to quite this same extent. I think the Redskins at home will be strong enough to get the job done.

Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans- The Packers need to start turning their season around yesterday. They're in danger of making a playoff trip an unlikely scenario with each losing week. The Texans are flying high at a strong 5-0, but they're bound for a letdown... and with the loss of Cushing, this is about as good a time as any to predict they go down. I think the score ends up something like 30-20.

Denver Broncos @ San Diego Chargers- I'm really not too sure what to make of the Chargers, they just seem to be a very inconsistent team. Whereas I think the Broncos have competed in every game they've played. Manning has started to make more and more plays as of late... I think he makes enough of them to get pass the Chargers by 7 points.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 4: 11-4
Week 5: 8-6
Overall: 42-34

Pittsburgh at Tennessee
Oakland at Atlanta
Dallas at Baltimore
Cincinnati at Cleveland
St Louis at Miami
Detroit at Philadelphia
Kansas City at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at Arizona
New England at Seattle
Minnesota at Washington
Green Bay at Houston
Denver at San Diego

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 8-6
Overall: 44-33

Thursday

Pittsburgh at Tennessee

Sunday

Dallas at Baltimore
Oakland at Atlanta
Cincinnati at Cleveland
St. Louis at Miami
Indianapolis at NY Jets
Detroit at Philadelphia
Kansas City at Tampa Bay
New England at Seattle
Buffalo at Arizona
NY Giants at San Francisco
Minnesota at Washington
Green Bay at Houston

Monday

Denver at San Diego
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week: 11-3
Overall: 45-32

Pittsburgh at Tennessee - missed pick
Oakland at Atlanta
Dallas at Baltimore
Cincinnati at Cleveland
St Louis at Miami
Detroit at Philadelphia
Kansas City at Tampa Bay
Buffalo at Arizona
New England at Seattle
Minnesota at Washington
Green Bay at Houston
Denver at San Diego

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 4: 10-5
Week 5: 9-5
Last Week (6): 7-7 (yuck!)
Overall: 54-37

Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco 49ers- Both teams have terrific defenses, a good running game, and the coaches needed to get it done in this league. The Niners will however have the peace of mind knowing they'll be playing at home and very tough to beat. Coming off of their blowout loss to the Giants last week, you'll be a wise man to bet that they're looking to thrash their NFC West rival. They have the better talent overall... and I don't expect to see a let up.

Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans- Do I really think we win this?... Probably not, but I find it incredibly difficult to root against the Ravens. So that in mind, what has to happen to get this done? Ray Rice is going to have to be huge in this one. The Texans run defense should be able to bottle him up pretty nicely, but where they'll likely miss Cushing is in the athletic department where he could guard the quick RBs being released out of the backfield. We should exploit this as much as possible. Our run defense will obviously have to make the necessary adjustments. But I think winning this game is conceivable. Either we win it close... or we get blown out IMO.

Tennessee Titans @ Buffalo Bills- I think I'll say the Titans get a little momentum going from their win over the Steelers and benefit from Hasselbeck's leadership to get on a little winning roll. Lets say they take this by a score.

Washington Redskins @ NY Giants- I think the Giants are clearly one of the best teams in football... but this IS a divisional game and so any given Sunday. That said, the Giants athletic ends should keep RG3 contained, so he'll have to beat them with his QB skills... and while he's vastly improving, I don't think he's there yet.

New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers- I think we see the Saints do their best to rally their season after their bye week... I think they try to make a stand. They are playing for pride now and that can make them a dangerous out heading forward. That and they have an elite QB while I question if the Bucs even have a competent one.

Dallas Cowboys @ Carolina Panthers- I think Dallas was giving us their all. I think their coach wanted to show us that he was better than Harbaugh and him going to Dallas wasn't a mistake. Anyway, that aside... Murray not being healthy will be big... and our defense has been gashed by every team, I doubt the Panthers run defense can be that pathetic. Playing at home, I think Cam Newton is able to feed off the crowd and beat a Cowboys team still distracted by the previous week's loss to us... some teams will use it as motivation heading forward, but I'm not convinced that the Cowboys are a team mentally tough enough to do that.

Cleveland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts- The Browns have a pretty nice defense at their disposal. They also have a pretty good (albeit old) QB at their disposal. The Colts are coming home after a tough loss... and I think the Browns hit them in the mouth and play physical football and I think the Colts eventually fold.

Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams- I'm convinced that the Packers are about to start rolling. And no matter how good I think the Rams offense is and how tough they'll play the Packers with Fisher coaching them... it simply won't matter when Aaron Rodgers shreds them to pieces.

Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings- With Kold out for at least a few weeks, I think the return of Skelton re-ignites the QB controversy. I think Skelton plays a nice game and leads his team past the Vikings on the road. He looks nice doing it and suddenly he's in a position where he's made the starter, but afterwards plays mediocre, until that horrid pass blocking line gets him knocked back out this season... and thus restarting the pattern/cycle.

N/A

NY Jets @ New England Patriots- No question the Patriots win this one IMO. Patriots rarely drop two in a row and a depleted Jets team doesn't make me believe they'll be capable of the feat here. The Patriots tend to destroy teams with average or below defenses... and the Jets defense isn't as good as it once was. I think the Patriots feed on them... and suddenly everyone's singing their praises about just how dominant a team they are.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Oakland Raiders- Both of these teams are in competition with one another (and a couple others) as the worst team in the league. The difference in this game will probably come down to home field advantage and QB play. The Raiders have both in this matchup....

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals- I honestly don't know who to pick for this matchup. Both teams have been reeling lately, but the Bengals usually play pretty darn good when at home and the Steelers secondary plus pass rush has been questionable this season. AJ Green is an elite WR in this league.. and while Ike Taylor should be able to contain him well, I think he still gets enough to help his team out (50 yds, 1 td type of game) and Gresham should have a big day here as well. The Bengals defense is also less beat up. This should be a 20-17 kind of battle IMO- with the Bengals at home, I think I'll give them the edge here in this matchup.

Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears- The Bears have proven to be one of the more complete teams in the league. They have a nice offensive triplet. And their defense is strong. The Lions on the other hand look like a mentally weak team that can't get it done. In this matchup, with Chicago at home... I don't think the Lions have a shot. That being said... Cutler could make things interesting if he decides this is the game where he wants to go for multiple interceptions.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: