Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give me hope, whats there to be excited about
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Give me hope, whats there to be excited about Reply with quote

whats positive about this football season with the Jaguars? Why should i even turn on the sunday ticket and watch the blood bath against the bears? Gabbert has hit a wall, MJD cant wait to leave and I dont blame him. Robinson will prolly be shut down for a while. Blackmon cant get open in 2.5 seconds. Our offense is so stagnant its unbelievable. Our offensive line and the whole defense leaks like a sieve. And this is after a 4 year rebuilding process this team should look better, but it doesnt it looks worse then the first year of rebuilding.

Anger is the only positive and bright spot for the future of the Jaguars and its depressing, there is a long road ahead to even be competitive.

So again what is the positive side for this season?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't answer that question yourself, nothing anyone could say will give you the answer you need. You tune in because you love the team, whether they win or lose. You tune in to watch the little things.

Also, not sure about Jones Drew not being able to wait to leave.. Where's that even coming from?

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right, this team sucks and has no hope for the future.

maybe you should try the forum down the street

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackmon was targeted 10 times.. He got 48 yards.. Gabbert and him connected and I see them connecting even more VS the Bears.. I am starting him in fantasy. To me, this looks like something to be happy about, the kid is getting comfortable!

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
AngryPirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
you're right, this team sucks and has no hope for the future.

maybe you should try the forum down the street

There is always hope for the future thats pretty much what were all holding on to right now. Whats there to be excited about right now?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:
Blackmon was targeted 10 times.. He got 48 yards.. Gabbert and him connected and I see them connecting even more VS the Bears.. I am starting him in fantasy. To me, this looks like something to be happy about, the kid is getting comfortable!

I agree blackmon will be a good player for this team. For him to be effective a lot needs to change. Gabbert needs more time in the pocket he has so little time to throw. Our offensive line was crushed with injuries this year but its no excuse Gene Smith should have had good backups in place by now. If your in a fantasy league that plays FBs greg jones is the stud amongst boys, he is a ppr monster. We have that going for us also.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Give me hope, whats there to be excited about Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
whats positive about this football season with the Jaguars? Why should i even turn on the sunday ticket and watch the blood bath against the bears? Gabbert has hit a wall, MJD cant wait to leave and I dont blame him. Robinson will prolly be shut down for a while. Blackmon cant get open in 2.5 seconds. Our offense is so stagnant its unbelievable. Our offensive line and the whole defense leaks like a sieve. And this is after a 4 year rebuilding process this team should look better, but it doesnt it looks worse then the first year of rebuilding.

Anger is the only positive and bright spot for the future of the Jaguars and its depressing, there is a long road ahead to even be competitive.

So again what is the positive side for this season?
Do you really enjoy the color black?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Mascot > All others at KR duty.

'nuff said imo.
jagman777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacksonville has plenty of bodies of water to host a veritable horde of ducks.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

I agree blackmon will be a good player for this team. For him to be effective a lot needs to change. Gabbert needs more time in the pocket he has so little time to throw. Our offensive line was crushed with injuries this year but its no excuse Gene Smith should have had good backups in place by now. If your in a fantasy league that plays FBs greg jones is the stud amongst boys, he is a ppr monster. We have that going for us also.

you do realize that when like 3 guys on the interior of your line are IR'd its a little hard to find other guys to just step in and make it look like nothing happened

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
Jacksonville has plenty of bodies of water to host a veritable horde of ducks.

Laughing Love it

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

AngryPirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

you do realize that when like 3 guys on the interior of your line are IR'd its a little hard to find other guys to just step in and make it look like nothing happened

so in 4 years its fine that with our best offensive line on the field its prolly better then average but he couldnt get players ready behind them?

There is nothing to be excited about I am pretty sure we have all grown numb to the Jaguars bad play. Always next year just never thought id say that after week 4 and really mean it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

so in 4 years its fine that with our best offensive line on the field its prolly better then average but he couldnt get players ready behind them?

There is nothing to be excited about I am pretty sure we have all grown numb to the Jaguars bad play. Always next year just never thought id say that after week 4 and really mean it.

You get ~28 draft picks in 4 years. We have 43 (out of 53) players that weren't on this team 4 years ago. You can't expect everything to have great depth. A lot of those spots have to be filled with scabs/retreads/young players who aren't capable starters/players that need a lot of development. If we spent a lot of draft picks on o-linemen and they panned out (most late round linemen the last 4 years aren't any good right now anyway), we'd still be hearing complaints about Gene missing on other spots. The complaints about LB, CB, WR and DE would be louder than the complaints about the o-line are now.

Which O-linemen should he have drafted/signed? I agree that last year, it would have been nice to come away with Carl Nicks, but aside from that, I'm not seeing much value unless we decided to overpay for a lot of guys in FA last year.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
AngryPirate wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

isnt the coaching staff supposed to be getting people ready?

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you guys get to play the Titans twice. Pretty much all we have left too. We're both pretty much on the same level at this point, so we should get to see at least two good games in this season of misery. So yeah, there's that.

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: