Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers 28 Saints 27 FINAL. Post Game Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incognito_man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
Don't think we should fire Capers, but we have to play to our strengths, which is man coverage. Our secondary lacks communication to effective run a zone.

You HAVE to be able to run a spread of coverages. No matter how good at it you are, if you run 1 coverage a vast majority of the time, offenses can attack and exploit it. That is the big problem with defenses like the cover 2. Every individual defense has holes and if you consistently give the same looks, the offense can shred it. Capers runs the defensive equivalent of McCarthy's "multiple" offense where Capers uses similar personnel groupings for a variety of alignments and coverages. Is the offense going to sometimes be able to catch you in a bad look? Sure, but overall, in the chess match aspect of it, trying to find a defense that will contain the offense, without being predictable is the way a coach can make an impact.

Yep.

Overall the "Fire Dom" reaction is emotional and reactionary. The key to understanding this is noticing the lack of this "idea" when the defense succeeded merely 2-3 weeks ago running the same (or nearly the same) split of defenses and nobody calling for his head. It's funny to see how everyone is a fan if it works one week, but calling for heads if it doesn't the following. It's absurd.

Furthermore, as you stated, we NEED to be comfortable running a multi-defense and our young guys need the reps. Not only do we need to be able to do it in regular season games (now and later), but especially, we want to be as good as we can for the postseason. We are gonna take our lumps due to youth, but that is a largely solvable problem by giving them experience.

It's to be expected.
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/20418031/exception-nfl-refsreturning-euphoria-jeff-tripplette-who-strikes-again-in-saintspackers-game

The author of this article forgot the Graham 'catch' too. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Capers gets all the credit or all the blame, let us not forget that Darren Perry is in charge of the safeties and Joe Whitt is in charge of the cornerbacks.
When the Oline struggles we dont ask for MM's head, we ask for Campen's.
At some point the position coaches have to be held responsible for getting the assignments and techniques taught to their players, not necessarily Capers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the Capers frustration sometimes but whenever I get to wrapped up in it I tend to forget how massive the loss of an All Pro Ball Hawk Safety in Nick Collins was.

That's not easy to overcome. I'm confident we will get it done this year on Defense mostly because our Pass Rush is so much better than it was last season.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say I watched the TD to Jennings a few times. Wow. Just wow.
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:

Good ol' Rodgers to Jennings there Very Happy

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Good ol' Rodgers to Jennings there Very Happy

There was no window though. None.
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:

Or that pass to Jones on the last drive! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

that jones catch was far better than the pass (in hindsight that was a terrible pass lol)

but threading it through 74 flailing limbs to Jennings was pretty impressive

pinpoint
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

that catch was far better than the pass (in hindsight that was a terrible pass lol)

but threading it through 74 flailing limbs against Jennings was pretty impressive

Yeah, I guess I should have been more specific on which angle to watch it from.

The replay from behind centre is purely amazing.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah when I was slicing the game I replayed the angles from that throw a couple of times just staring at the screen like "how did he do that?"
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Yeah when I was slicing the game I replayed the angles from that throw a couple of times just staring at the screen like "how did he do that?"

No kidding. During the commercial break I watched it a few more times in disbelief. When Aaron is on there is no one better than him.

Sig brought to you by Justo
pollino14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
Don't think we should fire Capers, but we have to play to our strengths, which is man coverage. Our secondary lacks communication to effective run a zone.

You HAVE to be able to run a spread of coverages. No matter how good at it you are, if you run 1 coverage a vast majority of the time, offenses can attack and exploit it. That is the big problem with defenses like the cover 2. Every individual defense has holes and if you consistently give the same looks, the offense can shred it. Capers runs the defensive equivalent of McCarthy's "multiple" offense where Capers uses similar personnel groupings for a variety of alignments and coverages. Is the offense going to sometimes be able to catch you in a bad look? Sure, but overall, in the chess match aspect of it, trying to find a defense that will contain the offense, without being predictable is the way a coach can make an impact.

Not saying abandoning it all together, but when it's not working, you have to abandon it. We we're consistantly getting beat while we were in zone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

Not saying abandoning it all together, but when it's not working, you have to abandon it. We we're consistantly getting beat while we were in zone.

Then they need to learn how to execute it and practice obviously isn't enough.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pack4to84

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Capers supporter. I have a idea what he is trying to do. If you go strictly man then it limits the amount of plays u can run on defense. Then team's don't have to do a lot of research on the Packers defense. Also team would come in with more plays to beat man. The way Capers is showing more zone and different blitz/cover schemes out of the zones team have to do their homework each week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: