Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

10 Best NFL Players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
My first impression is that as much as I love JJ Watt, he's not a top 3 player in the NFL. Top 10 can be arguable, sure, but not top 3.

And Percy Harvin made me laugh. He's borderline top 10 WR, he's not even top 30 in terms of overall players. And your list missing Tom Brady is laughable, and I'd definitely include AP in that list (probably bump Fitzgerald out, he's ranked too highly as well).

Percy Harvin shouldn't make you laugh. Maybe the biggest play-maker in the league.

He shouldn't make anyone laugh; he's easily one of the most electrifying players in the league right now and that won't change anytime soon if he can stay healthy.

But, come on now. There's one top 10 pound-for-pound player on the Vikings. We both know who that is.

Percy Harvin. He's the best player on the Vikings. There is no question in my mind.

Sorry Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson

Lil Uno with the sig.
superfly3176

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 Best NFL Players Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Calvin Johnson
3. J.J. Watt
4. Demarcus Ware
5. Patrick Willis
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Darrelle Revis
8. Haloti Ngata
9. Jason Pierre-Paul
10. Percy Harvin

Thoughts? Very Happy

Since when is JJ Watt better then Ware, Willis, Fitz, Revis, Ngata, Pierre-Paul. Why's Percy Harvin even on this list?
powderblues

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just gonna do this

Top 5 offense:

1 Aaron Rodgers
2 Tom Brady
3 Calvin Johnson
4 Adrian Peterson
5 Larry Fitzgerald

Top 5 Defense:

1 DeMarcus Ware
2 Haloti Ngata
3 Darrelle Revis
4 Patrick Willis
5 JJ Watt

Combined list probably:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Ware
4. Megatron
5. Ngata
6. Peterson
7. Revis
8. Fitzgerald
9. Willis
10. Watt

Hate on my list i'll stab you bro.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such disrespect for the league's leading receiver, Brian Hartline.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Tom Brady?

Or Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson?? They're CLEARLY 3 of the top 10 players in the league. Did you make this list based on the past couple week's worth of performance only ??

It cannot be that either since Aaron Rodgers has not been the best QB so far this season. I am not sure what this list is based upon.

Well, no, he hasn't been. But three not so excellent games isn't enough to erase how excellent of a football player he is. I think he's done enough to warrant a benefit of a doubt.

I am not saying, it does erase how great a QB Rodgers is. I am just wondering why the Tom Brady hate. It cannot be his play the last two seasons, or this season.

He's a "system quarterback" who checks down and takes what the defense gives him more often than not instead of forcing the ball downfield and risking turnovers....thats usually the "knock" on Brady. Smart is bad apparently Laughing

Its not bad but it sort of inflates statistics. Particularly completion percentage.

which system ?? Weis ?? O'Brien ?? McDaniels ?? Or when he was running the offense ?? Which one of those "inflates" the statistic ?? Because I was under the impression that his elite abilities were the reason he's played so well throughout his career....not the magical system that's GUARANTEED to turn you into a superstar.

Pats#1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Tom Brady?

Or Drew Brees and Adrian Peterson?? They're CLEARLY 3 of the top 10 players in the league. Did you make this list based on the past couple week's worth of performance only ??

It cannot be that either since Aaron Rodgers has not been the best QB so far this season. I am not sure what this list is based upon.

Well, no, he hasn't been. But three not so excellent games isn't enough to erase how excellent of a football player he is. I think he's done enough to warrant a benefit of a doubt.

I am not saying, it does erase how great a QB Rodgers is. I am just wondering why the Tom Brady hate. It cannot be his play the last two seasons, or this season.

He's a "system quarterback" who checks down and takes what the defense gives him more often than not instead of forcing the ball downfield and risking turnovers....thats usually the "knock" on Brady. Smart is bad apparently Laughing

Its not bad but it sort of inflates statistics. Particularly completion percentage.

which system ?? Weis ?? O'Brien ?? McDaniels ?? Or when he was running the offense ?? Which one of those "inflates" the statistic ?? Because I was under the impression that his elite abilities were the reason he's played so well throughout his career....not the magical system that's GUARANTEED to turn you into a superstar.

Dude, face the facts...

Brady is overrated
He's a system QB
He would never have won anything without Spying on opponents

Again...those are the facts

Rolling Eyes

Sig credit: Deadpulse
reckless123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
Tom Brady?

You know what, it really gets on my nerves when people have trouble reading my posts. When and where did i say he was a system QB? I actually hate that term.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one could go in MANY directions...how are we quantifying this? Career accomplishments? Current production? Percieved future production? Physical attributes?

I'll try to take it all into effect and go from there:

1. Aaron Rodgers - Has every single tool you need in a QB, from physical and mental standpoints. Has career accomplishments to hang his hat on, and while he's not playing to his standards right now, it's foolish to believe that this is a prevailing trend with the guy. Wait until he has a 4-6 week stretch where he's throwing for 300+ and 4 TD+ a game, and we'll all see it again.

2. Calvin Johnson - Freak of nature at WR, with the actual production to back it up. No matter who his QB is, he's gonna get his...and when you pair him with a good QB, you'll see him get his in bunches.

3. Darrelle Revis - Injury will have him drop like a stone as we proceed, but prior to that...he was a very big CB, as big as some S in the NFL, with quick reaction time, quickness, downfield speed, great anticipation skills...guy was the closest thing we've seen to a shutdown CB since Deion in the 90s.

4. Tom Brady - The track record speaks for itself. Yet, when you strip away the rings, you still have a QB who is the NFL equal to Deep Blue, a supercomputer in understanding what a defense is going to do and how to break it. His arm has been proven in the past, and while he's not the fastest QB on his own team, he uses his feet and body language to always buy himself that extra few seconds to make a play.

5. Adrian Peterson - Eight months ago, I was seriously questioning his future, as he had one of the worst knee injuries I have seen. Yet, he has hit the scene in a quick way, and only looks stronger post-injury. Will be waiting for the eventual 70+ TD run where he outruns the camera panning to keep up. (It's coming, you just wait).

6. DeMarcus Ware - Best pass rusher since Lawrence Taylor. Lightning quick first step, great use of hands to disengage blockers, has a nose to find the QB, nearly impossible to block one-on-one...guy is a machine out there, and I can't think of a single player who would be able to keep him out of games.

7. Larry Fitzgerald - Quite frankly, one of the best pure WRs I have ever seen play at any level. Fast, strong, runs very deceptive routes that create space on the cuts, and has an ability to "zero in" on the football mid flight and contort his body to make the most amazing catches you've ever seen. His combo of tools puts him ahead of every WR in the NFL...except for that monster in Detroit.

8. JJ Watt - Has the most upside from all of the names listed above, as he's doing things at a position that is mostly considered as a dormant position. Had he been a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, the production could be understood, but he's doing everything as a 5-Tech, which is something you've only seen guys like Bruce Smith or Reggie White do. Plays fast, non-stop, ruthless football, and is developing a mind for what an offense is trying to accomplish, and how he factors into that.

9. LeSean McCoy - Quick, lightning fast, great vision. Can anticipate where the lane is, and he gets there quickly. Strong enough to make every play a positive play, even ones where the defense has everything gameplanned for. Great hands. Quite frankly, a complete RB in an era that favors RB units and "committee" run games.

10. Rob Gronkowski - To have a 300LB TE who can block as well as he does as well as get downfield as well as he does is freakish. (I don't care if NFL.com has him listed at 265, he's 300LB...or VERY close to it, maybe off by 5-10 lbs). Good hands, great blocking skill, too fast for any LB to cover, too strong for any DB to cover.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well written, ET. Can't really top that list.

I wish I wouldn't be hounded as a homer for wanting to add Clay Matthews to that list, but I probably would.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Aaron Rodgers -

2. Tom Brady -

3. Calvin Johnson -

4. Darrelle Revis

5. Patrick Willis

6. Larry Fitzgerald

7. Adrian Peterson

8. Drew Brees

9.Demarcus Ware

10. Haloti Ngata
M
HM: Andre Johnson, Jason Pierre Paul, Rob Gronkowski, Maurice Jones Drew and Ed Reed

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
This one could go in MANY directions...how are we quantifying this? Career accomplishments? Current production? Percieved future production? Physical attributes?

I'll try to take it all into effect and go from there:

1. Aaron Rodgers - Has every single tool you need in a QB, from physical and mental standpoints. Has career accomplishments to hang his hat on, and while he's not playing to his standards right now, it's foolish to believe that this is a prevailing trend with the guy. Wait until he has a 4-6 week stretch where he's throwing for 300+ and 4 TD+ a game, and we'll all see it again.

2. Calvin Johnson - Freak of nature at WR, with the actual production to back it up. No matter who his QB is, he's gonna get his...and when you pair him with a good QB, you'll see him get his in bunches.

3. Darrelle Revis - Injury will have him drop like a stone as we proceed, but prior to that...he was a very big CB, as big as some S in the NFL, with quick reaction time, quickness, downfield speed, great anticipation skills...guy was the closest thing we've seen to a shutdown CB since Deion in the 90s.

4. Tom Brady - The track record speaks for itself. Yet, when you strip away the rings, you still have a QB who is the NFL equal to Deep Blue, a supercomputer in understanding what a defense is going to do and how to break it. His arm has been proven in the past, and while he's not the fastest QB on his own team, he uses his feet and body language to always buy himself that extra few seconds to make a play.

5. Adrian Peterson - Eight months ago, I was seriously questioning his future, as he had one of the worst knee injuries I have seen. Yet, he has hit the scene in a quick way, and only looks stronger post-injury. Will be waiting for the eventual 70+ TD run where he outruns the camera panning to keep up. (It's coming, you just wait).

6. DeMarcus Ware - Best pass rusher since Lawrence Taylor. Lightning quick first step, great use of hands to disengage blockers, has a nose to find the QB, nearly impossible to block one-on-one...guy is a machine out there, and I can't think of a single player who would be able to keep him out of games.

7. Larry Fitzgerald - Quite frankly, one of the best pure WRs I have ever seen play at any level. Fast, strong, runs very deceptive routes that create space on the cuts, and has an ability to "zero in" on the football mid flight and contort his body to make the most amazing catches you've ever seen. His combo of tools puts him ahead of every WR in the NFL...except for that monster in Detroit.

8. JJ Watt - Has the most upside from all of the names listed above, as he's doing things at a position that is mostly considered as a dormant position. Had he been a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, the production could be understood, but he's doing everything as a 5-Tech, which is something you've only seen guys like Bruce Smith or Reggie White do. Plays fast, non-stop, ruthless football, and is developing a mind for what an offense is trying to accomplish, and how he factors into that.

9. LeSean McCoy -Quick, lightning fast, great vision. Can anticipate where the lane is, and he gets there quickly. Strong enough to make every play a positive play, even ones where the defense has everything gameplanned for. Great hands. Quite frankly, a complete RB in an era that favors RB units and "committee" run games.

10. Rob Gronkowski - To have a 300LB TE who can block as well as he does as well as get downfield as well as he does is freakish. (I don't care if NFL.com has him listed at 265, he's 300LB...or VERY close to it, maybe off by 5-10 lbs). Good hands, great blocking skill, too fast for any LB to cover, too strong for any DB to cover.

You beautiful genius, you Wink

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
Very well written, ET. Can't really top that list.

It got pretty damn hard after #4, I found myself shuffling names in and out of the list. I really wanted to include a LT somewhere in there, but which one? Both Jake Long and Joe Thomas have the pedigree, but have been slipping up a bit. Not as much as to take them OFF the catbird seat, but noticable. Duane Brown is emerging for the Texans, but it's still a two or so year timetable before one can confidently say he's the best LT in the NFL. (And...y'know, don't wanna be a homer).

If I were to expand this to 15-20, I would REALLY struggle. In no order, these are guys that would be considered:

- Joe Thomas
- Jake Long
- Duane Brown
- Patrick Willis
- Clay Matthews III
- Jonathan Joseph
- Nnamdi Asomugha
- Jason Pierre-Paul
- Ray Rice
- Arian Foster
- Geno Atkins
- Kyle Williams
- James Harrison
- Ben Roethlensberger
- Drew Brees
- AJ Green
- Jamaal Charles

...hmm. This actually sounds like a challenge. Might get up on this later today. Sit tight.

baconrad3 wrote:
You beautiful genius, you Wink

I have my moments, here and there. Wink

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
You know what, it really gets on my nerves when people have trouble reading my posts. When and where did i say he was a system QB? I actually hate that term.

Do you understand what the term "system quarterback" is, and why people use it ?? It's s a term made up by individuals who REFUSE to accept that a player is actually as good as his numbers indicate. A "reason" as to why the numbers are so good because they refuse to admit the player is. They claim the system "inflates" the numbers and believe their hypothetical fantasies that said player wouldn't succeed anywhere else, outside of this magical-you're-guaranteed-to-succeed system.

Remember this?

reckless123 wrote:
FirstdownFaulk wrote:
He's a "system quarterback" who checks down and takes what the defense gives him more often than not instead of forcing the ball downfield and risking turnovers....thats usually the "knock" on Brady. Smart is bad apparently

Well I was mocking the idea of the terms existence and how people apply it to Tom Brady. You chimed in and expressed that it (the system) "inflates statistics, particularly completion percentage". That is the core belief of individuals that use the term "system quarterback" in attempts to discredit production, by claiming it inflates his numbers. Of course the system provides him with the best opportunity to showcase his abilities; that's the case with every great quarterback. The term "system quarterback" is either non-existent and nothing more than refusal to accept reality, or it applies to every successful quarterback that ever played the game.

C0LTSFAN4L1F3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Rodgers
2. Calvin
3. Revis
4. Ware
5. Rice
6.Watt
7. Willis
8. Brees
9. Brady
10. Ngata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: